In 1974, everything which is currently blamed on global warming, was blamed on the longest global cooling trend on record: 0.5C cooling since 1945.

15 Jul 1974, Page 3 – The Daily Republic

14 Jul 1974, Page 1 – Lincoln Evening Journal

This was problematic for NASA’s fake climate science, so they simply rewrote the past to eliminate the cooling.

Global warming is the biggest scam in science history.

22 Responses to 1974: Global Cooling Caused Droughts, Floods, Blizzards, Tornadoes, Typhoons, Hurricanes And The Polar Vortex

1. RAH says:

I graduated HS in 1974 and don’t remember any real hubbub about the weather then. But then again I wasn’t paying much attention to it back then either except on the very hottest summer days as I worked as a welder and fabricator in the family business. Tough to weld when sweat is pouring down into your eyes. Couldn’t use a fan because it blows the CO2 gas we used in MIG welding with hard wire in place of flux. I sure as hell remember the Blizzard of 78 though. The worst recorded in Indiana history and it was something to see.

• Gail Combs says:

I remember winter of 1972-3. We got a very nasty snow storm at Fort Jackson/Columbia SC. Darn roads ended up as sheets of rutted ice for days before it all melted.

• cdquarles says:

1974, I think, was the year of a very large outbreak of violent tornadoes. Yep: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974_Super_Outbreak. It wasn’t that cold overall, but there were several big cold ‘Siberian Express’ outbreaks, one of which contributed to that outbreak in April, 1974, or at least that’s my recollection of the reasons given at the time. I do recall one cold snap that spring, which happened in May, just before Memorial Day, was walking to school with the early morning temperatures in the mid 30s and the very brisk wind from an ‘Alberta Clipper’. It was back to the usual 80s within a week.

• gator69 says:

I moved to Germany in 1974, and a few months prior, TIME magazine had run an article titled “Another Ice Age”. I remember this because I was already fascinated with ice ages, and was excited to see the Alps. And I also remember the concerns over advancing alpine glaciers.

• Scott says:

I grew up on a farm and graduated high school in 1980. In between the third and fourth grades I started driving a tractor cultivating soybeans and corn on my dad’s farm. I did that every summer until I turned 16, which would have been 1978. When I turned 16 I got a job that actually paid money sacking groceries.

I don’t remember the exact year, but sometime prior to 1978 I was riding with my dad in the pickup and we heard a news report about “experts” predicting a new ice age. I was alarmed by it and asked my dad what we’d do. He said something along the lines of “it may not happen, but if it does it will happen gradually and there’s nothing we can do about it. We’ll figure out a way to get by like we always do.” Maybe he was worried and he put on a strong face to make me less fearful. I don’t know. But he seemed like he was not very worried about it. But I sure was. I heard it on the radio. It had to be true.

I thought back then that if I heard something on “the news” it was unimpeachable, rock solid truth. The media has done a lot to ruin its credibility since then.

2. gator69 says:

It is the biggest scam in history. It is a worldwide climaphate..

3. SxyxS says:

I wonder what man-made co2 has done at that time?
    Unemployed?
    On vacation?
    Trying to avoid the sun?
    Hiding in the oceans?
    Being inactive without any reason?
    Or just refusing to do some global warming ,because there was no world wide carbon tax?

Considering the amazing heat trapping abilities co2 is supposed to have according to carbon tax parasites 1974 must not have happened at all.

Or is it much simpler to explain,by simply realising that
    “extreme” weather has always existed but
    in the 70ies MSM simply talked about hurricanes,droughts etc in a more reasonable and unpolitical way without the intention to indoctrinate and cause hysteria.

• Gail Combs says:

Those clouds of dust left this:

Buried machinery in a barn lot; Dallas, South Dakota, May 1936

• SxyxS says:

Can you imagine how high a co2 tax would be if a dust bowl appears these days?
          i guess 90% of your income :)

• Gail Combs says:

They ALREADY take 75% of our income. They just don’t make it obvious.

A QUICKY ON TAXES
            The U.S. Census Bureau reported in September 2014 that: U.S. real median household income was $51,939
            Married Filing Jointly deduction = $12,600 = Taxable income: $39,339

Taxable income: $37,451 to $90,750
            Tax rate = $5,156.25 plus 25% of the amount over $37,450 or an additional $1,889 = Total of $7045.25
            or 13.6% of total income.

The combined rate for Social Security and Medicare = 15.30% (You didn’t really think your employer actually paid 1/2 now did you?)
            TOTAL overt Federal tax = 28.9%

NC the tax rate is 5.499%
            0.50% local sales and use tax is for the benefit and purpose of the Research Triangle Regional Public
            Transportation Authority in addition to the general 4.75% State and Wake County local 2.00% sales and
            use taxes for a total rate of 7.25%.

Property tax is ~ 1.0%< depending on county. Median price of homes currently listed in North Carolina is $225,000 or $2,250 or 4.3% tax (You don’t think your landlord pays that tax do you?) NC also taxes tractors, farm equipment and any other real property they can think of.

Motor Fuel Tax in NC is 35 cents per gallon.
            Federal Motor Fuel Tax per gallon:
            $0.1840 Gasoline … $0.2440 Diesel

For NC miles per licenced driver = 15,729 miles for year 2014 or ~31,458 miles for a two car household divided by 22 mpg times 53 cents per gallon or $758
            On top of that the trucking industry paid $39.9 billion (39,900,000,000) in federal
            and state highway taxes in 2014 and hauled 70.1 percent of total U.S. freight
            tonnage
            . There were 123,230,000 households in 2014. Or an additional $ 324 in fuel taxes for a total of $1,082 in fuel taxes or 2% in tax.

A typical American household with wireless phones paying $100 per month for wireless voice service and now paying nearly $225 per year in taxes, fees, and government surcharges or another 0.43% tax.

So adding up the tax on your median household income of $51,939
            28.9+5.5+7.25+4.3+2+.43 = 48.38% in identifiable tax on that income.

When I added up the actual tax back in Taxachusetts in 1985 when I first started my small business I was paying 64.5% in the taxes I could identify.

Now add in the 151 taxes on a loaf of bread, over 1/2 the cost (President Reagan) and you are lucky to keep 25% of what you earn!

4. RAH says:

Great color pics from the Great Depression. The phot0s 0f Jack Whinery’s home and family are good examples of where the left wants to return us to except of course, they had far too many kids.

• gator69 says:

Techinically the Great Depression was from 1929 to 1939, so none of those photos are actually from the GD.

The Great Depression (1929-39) was the deepest and longest-lasting economic downturn in the history of the Western industrialized world. In the United States, the Great Depression began soon after the stock market crash of October 1929, which sent Wall Street into a panic and wiped out millions of investors. Over the next several years, consumer spending and investment dropped, causing steep declines in industrial output and rising levels of unemployment as failing companies laid off workers. By 1933, when the Great Depression reached its nadir, some 13 to 15 million Americans were unemployed and nearly half of the country’s banks had failed. Though the relief and reform measures put into place by President Franklin D. Roosevelt helped lessen the worst effects of the Great Depression in the 1930s, the economy would not fully turn around until after 1939, when World War II kicked American industry into high gear.

• RAH says:

Uh, Gator a bunch of those photos are from 1940 and the depression was still on then. The Great Depression is considered to have ended in 1941 which is when the great loans for mobilization began to take significant effect on the economy. Unemployment 1n 1939 still averaged over 17% but dropped to 15% by the end of the year.

• gator69 says:

Another source…

The Great Depression was a severe worldwide economic depression that took place during the 1930s. The timing of the Great Depression varied across nations; in most countries it started in 1929 and lasted until the late 1930s.

I am a big fan of history, and did not just pull 1939 out of my ass.

• RAH says:

And I didn’t pull 1941 out of my ass either. And I’m a big enough fan of history to know that there is no accepted definition of an economic depression and that various sources have dates from 1938 until 1946 as the end of the depression.
            If one looks at the Real GDP you would come up with the end as late 1936 when the GDP grew past where it’s highest point in 1929.

The fact is if you want to place 1939 as the end of the great depression then you have declared yourself to be in the camp that believes the New Deal was successful because the money for war mobilization did not begin to flow until 1940.

• gator69 says:

So by accepting widely accepted timelines, I am suddenly camping with bad people?

Opinions are great, and there are arguments to be made that the GD did not end until well after WWII, but the standard definition remains. I would have classified those photos as WWII Era, but that’s just the historian in me coming out, and camping.

• RAH says:

Nobody said anything about being “bad People”. I am referring to the quote you used to support your argument that the depression ended in 1939 which said:
            “……….the economy would not fully turn around until after 1939, when World War II kicked American industry into high gear.”

That quote is absolutely false because the real money for mobilization did not hit the economy until 1940. So if anyone that believes the depression ended in 1939 cannot say it was because of war mobilization in US industry because the money simply was not there yet. And BTW the great bulk of US cash & carry sales of arms to what would become our allies did not occur until after 1939 nor did Lend Lease.

Please refer to the very complete article on war mobilization PDF below.

• gator69 says:

RAH, I don’t need a history lesson. I know when WWII happened, and that those photos are WWII Era. Period.

• Bob Hoye says:

There has been a series of Great Bubbles followed by Great Depressions. Bubbles such as 1720, or 1929 stand out. The best way to determine the trough was by the low in interest rates in the senior economy. That was in 1946, 1895, 1845–etc.
            You won’t find this in Wiki.

5. Psalmon says:

Some climate change predictions come true unfortunately…

The end of skiing in California…All pass roads over Sierras closed…

Kirkwood CA this Sun (Mar 5) morning (~10AM)…lifts shut down due to too much snow…