Understanding Gun Control

15 Responses to Understanding Gun Control

1. Mark Luhman says:

The leftist governments murdered over 200,000,000 people in the 20th century, all those governments instituted some form of gun control before the butcherly began. Yet the leftist useful idiots do not understand why the right in this country thanks God for the second amendment and are opposed to common sense gun control. As Ron White put is it “you can’t fix stupid” and the left’s useful idiots are truly stupid.

• R. Shearer says:

That number seems high unless forced abortions are counted.

• Mark Luhman says:

Solzhenitsyn estimated Stalin at 60 million, Mao at 120 million that put you at 180 million add in 12 million for the Nazi’s between Po Pot and the rest 200 Million might be a bit low. One number I have seen is 260 million that one might be right.

• richard verney says:

200 million is the usual figure cited, but I too have seen higher figures.

I guess that no one knows the true numbers, but on any basis it is huge.

• Kent Clizbe says:

The best data for democide (death by government) comes from a (now deceased) professor at the U. of Hawaii.

See this page for an overview of 20th century governmental killing:

Note that killings by the communist regimes in the USSR and China combined dwarf any killing (Nazis were pikers compared to the commissars of the Soviet Union). Add in their client states–Cambodia, North Korea, Vietnam, etc.–and it’s a wonder that we’re not in nirvana yet, since their philosophy was/is just murder one more Normal and we’ll reach nirvana!

2. Texas sharp-shooter says:

OK, Trump is literally Hitler so let’s take everybody’s guns away (er…common sense gun control) so it’ll be easier for him to do all that Hitlery stuff. Yeah, that’s the ticket!
    Leftists are so freaking logical!

3. ЯΞ√ΩLUT↑☼N says:

Dummocrats are so desperate for gun control, they’ll either create a false-flag operation to justify their rabid agenda or push a schoolkid over the edge so he does it himself. If everyone was required to carry, the situation would be under control in seconds, because the vast majority of people are good.

Leftards have probably never experienced a bank robbery, home invasion or any violent crime. They push their own stupid beliefs without knowledge of anything.

In just about every country that’s been disarmed, like here in Australia, the only people with guns are cops and crims. There’s little difference between either and that’s the way the Left wants it. Ripe for a takeover.

• Disillusioned says:

Your post reminds me – forty years ago I saw a bumper sticker on the back of a pick-up truck in front of me. The simple message on that bumper has stayed with me all these years. I will never forget it. I even remember the exact street and intersection I was at.

The bumper sticker said, “When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Have Guns.”

• cdquarles says:

I have a corollary to that: “When Commerce is Outlawed, only outlaws will engage in it”. I have another one: “Only Governments create Cartels”, because they ‘outlaw’ commerce that ‘undesirables’ want to engage in.

4. arn says:

Whenever the government says:I’ll take your guns to keep you save
    you have to keep your guns,
    because this is just a trick from very tiny minority
    that is making war all around the world and kill people by the millions
    but all of a sudden they are worried about the people.

One can see how big the farce is
    when we take a look at Barry Soetoro
    who,while trying to take guns from his ‘own’ people(to protect them)
    delievered automatic weapons to mexican drug cartels.
    (and then called those killers who fled mexico to escape prosecution “Dreamers”)

5. Snowleopard says:

The US government already has 3/4 of what they want.

The Second Amendment was not about fighting crime, personal defense or personal weapons. (At the time no one questioned the right of self defense and even dueling was legal) Second Amendment was about the right of “the people” to bear ARMS. ARMS are the weapons needed to wage war. Colonists at the time of the American Revolution personally owned field artillery and warships. The Second Amendment was an attempt to preserve the right of the people to own military weapons and form and maintain their own military units. That right is long gone despite those who pretend to defend it. Though if it were restored I doubt there are many today who would be willing (or who could afford the time and cost) to form volunteer local military units

• Squidly says:

You nailed it! .. I talk about this all the time. When someone asks me “well, do you think you should be able to own a tank, or an ICBM?” … I say YES! and it says so right in our Constitution!

I have never understood why so few people understand the meaning of “shall not be infringed

• Snowleopard says:

Thanks.

I agree that a local militia might be able to justify and afford a tank and its crew training… and maybe even AA or AB missiles, but an ICBM? Not likely. They have the right…but in reality the cost (even given the prosperity that would exist if the constitution had been followed) prohibits it without the power to tax, and the power to tax is NOT given militias by the constitution.