Some People Did Something

Democrats see climate change and rising sea level as our greatest threat on Easter Sunday.

They believe that the Maldives drowned last year.

26 Sep 1988 – Threat to islands

Progressives understand what is really important.

Top priority is of course silencing “old male climate deniers.”

President Obama said the media “absolutely” overstates the threat of terrorism in comparison to the threat of climate change.

Climate Change a Greater Threat Than Terrorism, White House Says – ABC News

13 Responses to Some People Did Something

1. R Shearer says:

The bombings in Sri Lanka were suicide attacks, a tactic used by Ethnic Tamils, most of which are Hindu. We will probably know shortly who is responsible. I have a child there, so I hope that peace will soon return.

2. Gator says:

Yes, saving wilderness areas is an extreme political view, when your opponents wish to cover them in windmills, solar arrays, railroad tracks, and universities.

3. MeMyselfAndI says:

Winter in Minnesota, from first measurable snowfall to last, can be six months long. Schools were closed so many days this year because of cold and snow, the state legislature had to pass a law exempting schools from having to make up all those lost days. Yet the climate cult is strong, and the current Governor is proposing a zero emissions future for us.

• R Shearer says:

In Colorado, skiing is a very important part of the tourist industry and the alarmist say it is threatened by climate change and the season is growing shorter. However, it is not. Many resorts this season opened early and are closing later.

4. czechlist says:

Yeah,but,like, ya know, these suicide bombers are prolly Jews or like white supremicists pretending to be Muslim. You know, cuz, Muslims are like peaceful and loving while, like, you know, ALL white men, Christians and Jews and prolly Buddhists too are like,hateful and, you know, racists.

5. Wayne Schmitt says:

OK, I’ve had enough! You keep showing the beaches in the Maldives. I can plainly see the 27 mm increase in the sea level (since 1960 I think). We all are going to get wet feet someday! Please stop! Tony is causing the Oceans to rise.

6. John F. Hultquist says:

Kenny Chesney has a hit country song titled “Get Along”
    that fits my attitude well; a couple of lines:
    Get along while we can
    Always give love the upper hand

In Sri Lanka, death toll now is above 200.
    It is impossible for me to understand why the various
    ethnic/religious groups believe killing each other is acceptable.
    I don’t know about the non-christian groups, but for those that follow one of the Abrahamic religions with an omipotent god – – killing one another seems unnecessary.
    God, in theory, is quite capable of taking care of others, without my help.

• Jason Calley says:

Hey John! Personally, I agree with what you say, but consider how a crazed person might look at the same situation. “My God is omnipotent! If He does not want me to kill the infidels, He will surely stop me!”

I guess my point is that reason, gentleness and good example only go so far to convince a person who is determined to do evil. You and I cannot come to a reasonable understanding of such a mind because a reasonable explanation does not exist. They are outside of reason.

• Gator says:

Islam is not a religion, it is a cult of death with political overtones. This is why people who are unfamiliar with Islam get so confused.

7. John F. Hultquist says:

Information unrelated to current topic:

Next time the storm “Sandy” is discussed, consider . . .

The highest water level ever recorded in the Bay of Fundy system occurred at the head of the Minas Basin on the night of October 4–5, 1869 during a tropical cyclone named the “Saxby Gale”. The water level of 21.6 metres (71 feet) resulted from the combination of high winds, abnormally low atmospheric pressure, and a spring tide. [Wikipedia]

The “Saxby Gale” appears to have all the ingredients of the “enhanced by global warming” [K. E. Trenberth] induced Hurricane Sandy.
    Missing is the 400 ppm of CO2. In 1869, concentration was about 288.
    [ https://www.sealevel.info/co2_and_ch4.html ]

8. Colorado Wellington says:

I was curious what is the thinking of Jewish intellectuals who have a long experience with terrorist attacks on civilians in Israel. I found that Maine-born and raised Seth Frantzman, PhD, the op-ed editor of The Jerusalem Posts considers the far-right a prime suspect in the Easter attacks on Sri Lanka Christians.

Sri Lanka Terrorism Has Hallmarks Of Previous Attacks

By Seth Frantzman
    The Jerusalem Post
    04/21/19

It is a hallmark of our era that when it comes to mass murder and coordinated terror attacks we have a long list of past experiences to choose from. In the last decades the growing number of terrorist attacks by far-right Islamist extremists, white nationalists and others has become an almost daily event.

[emphasis in bold is mine]

It’s early in the day but I’m thinking of pouring myself a stiff drink. Is that what they were doing while building the Tower of Babel?

9. Colorado Wellington says:

I heard on the radio today that 12 religious extremists were arrested in Sri Lanka. They didn’t have time to say which religion because they had to cover Adam Schiff declaring President Trump guilty of collusion and obstruction. It let me wondering if the extreme religionists were Orthodox Jews, Catholics, Southern Baptists or Methodists.

I tried to look it up and there are some unsubstantiated rumors that the arrested religious extremists may be Muslims:

Jihad Watch is suspecting that the attack was perpetrated by Muslims …

… but hate experts at the Southern Poverty Law Center—highly respected by the media—say that Jihad Watch is an extremist hate site and can’t be trusted:

This whole thing is murky. I don’t know what to think.

• rah says:

They’re so wrapped around the axle on trying to get Trump that they aren’t even paying due diligence to “Earth Day”.