Newborn Pups

16 Responses to Newborn Pups

1. rah says:

Looks like Momma is doing a good job with her litter. Those pups look well fed and healthy.

2. What kind of deer are those in the 2nd to last pic?

3. Bob Hoye says:

Quite a number of critters plague Vancouver city life. With North Vancouver built up the slopes to the rain forest the list is interesting.
    Urban mountain lions, urban bears, and everywhere–urban coyotes, urban raccoons, urban skunks and urban socialists.

4. feathers says:

Coyote or fox?

• tonyheller says:

If you watch the video, you will see who the parents are.

• rah says:

I can understand the reason for the question though. The pups coats have far more red in them than an adult generally does. BTW while out on the road this week for the first time in my driving career I saw a bobcat crossing the road.

And here at home for the first time I have a nesting pair of red breasted grosbeaks and a pair of Baltimore Orioles. Before they have always been transients passing thorough for a feed as they move on to somewhere else.

• R Shearer says:

I saw a couple of honeybees today. It’s been a silent Spring for bees around here. I guess it’s been too cold.

• rah says:

Well the wood boring bees (large Carpenter bees) sure are out around my place. They look like bumble bees but darker. I’m about to declare war on them.

5. Matt says:

There is often at least one in every family. That pup at the end of the video is a climate alarmist. The pup took one look at you, Tony , and high tailed it.

6. RickS says:

Great pics !

Man I wish I could see that up close and in real time… !