Another Piece Of The Twitter Cheating Puzzle

As always, I have been getting hundreds of new Twitter followers over the past few weeks, but my follower count has hardly changed. Twitter is constantly purging 10-20 followers.

I have suspected Twitter cheating, so I started tracking my unfollowers to see if they were legitimate. Over the last 16 hours I have had 72 new followers and 81 unfollowers.

I have discovered several mechanisms which Twitter is using to cheat. One is that they simply unfollow my followers. I get lots of messages like this.

But the most common method is for Twitter to declare an account to be “unusual” and reduce their “following” count to zero – like Texas Grandma. Most of my “unfollowers” come in this category.

Apparently Twitter considers people who support the President to be “unusual.” And this is on top of their usual dirty tricks.

The left can never win an honest debate, so they invariably resort to censorship.

10 Responses to Another Piece Of The Twitter Cheating Puzzle

1. Chaeremon says:

The message The following media includes potentially sensitive content is clickbait for sorting out passive viewers. Everybody else (who takes the bait) is treated as bad, aggressive activist. The click is stored for later (re-)purposing.

2. G W Smith says:

Their tactics are getting more blatant and prejudiced everyday. Our media and social media are in shambles, and the leftist lemmings can’t even see it.

3. Disillusioned says:

Disgusting.

4. Gator says:

Leftists: If you can’t beat ’em, ban ’em.

5. Dave N says:

I agree that it stinks. I suggest joining Parler:

6. They picked the wrong person to mess with. As usual Tony, excellent detective work. These actions by Twitter are an offense(US spelling deliberate :-) ) against the Constitution and they should be prosecuted for it.

7. KevinPaul says:

There’s a concerted effort to bury the truth.
    The age old pendulum swings True Blue vs. Blood Red.

8. kanootcha says:

this is why they disabled rss too.
    i never use twitter to track people i follow always rss…but now that’s almost impossible too.

9. spren says:

This is all corrupt and rotten, but I don’t understand why anyone uses Twitter. They don’t want you if you aren’t part of their “group” so why worry about them.

Probably close to one-half of their users are conservatives so if they all abandoned Twitter, wouldn’t that lead advertisers to reduce their use as well? Let them die on the vine, or just let the remains serve as the echo chamber for the Leftists.