Shipwrecked By The Laughter Of The Gods

“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.”

– Albert Einstein

Sudden Freeze-Up Disrupts Supply Chain on Russia’s Northern Sea Route

Climate change: The Arctic sea ice retreats, opening shipping lanes – Vox

DMI Modelled ice thickness

10 Responses to Shipwrecked By The Laughter Of The Gods

1. Michael Peinsipp says:

Go to Barents and get a great hearty LAFF!
    “North Pole will be liveable in 10 years”…while they are in their HEATED offices with SNOW up to the roof outside…HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• GWS says:

It seems some forget such stories as Chicken Little and The Boy Who Cried, Wolf — supposedly taught to us in nursery school — hence their lessons keep repeating over and over again every year. Maybe those kids just skipped that part of their life and went straight to becoming big-shots.

2. Torgo says:

“The icy winter is creeping near
    Dark skies above us
    Biting frost in the air
    Darkness surrounds us

The cold piercing autumn breeze
    Fills the longship’s sail
    Soon the lakes and seas will freeze
    And snow will lay its veil” – Amon Amarth, “Under The Northern Star”

3. Margaret Smith says:

Amon Amarth – I never heard this name before. A poet?

• Torgo says:

Amon Amarth is a Metal band from Sweden. Their songs are inspired by Norse mythology and Scandinavian history. I am on Slav descent but I like their songs of life in the cold North. I try to say a silent prayer of admiration from my tough ancestors from the coldest part of Poland when I walk outdoors in the cold Michigan winter.

4. Torgo says:

Of Slav descent, not “on”.

5. Margaret Smith says:

Thanks! I’m a classical music fan so it is unlikely I would ever have heard of this group. However I love the words.

6. Ken Barber says:

We know that that cannot be ice, because the Arctic has been ice-free since 2015. Al Gore said it, I believe it, and that settles it for me.

I think that all of that white stuff must be plastic that the Evil Capitalists have been dumping into the ocean. Yeah, that’s it.