Your Tax Dollars At Work

We are having one of the coldest winters on record here in Wyoming, with another bout of record cold in the forecast.

Ventusky – Wind, Rain and Temperature Maps

10-Day Temperature Outlook for the Conterminous U.S.

Surface Air Temperature (GFS 10-day forecast)

The Farmer’s Almanac correctly predicted this, but the US government didn’t.

Extended Winter Forecast for 2022-2023 – Farmers’ Almanac

Climate Prediction Center – Seasonal Outlook

12 Responses to Your Tax Dollars At Work

1. Good enuf for govt propaganda…work!

2. Wayne Wilson says:

In Arizona it has been about 5-10 degrees cooler than normal.

3. GWS says:

I feel for you, Tony, but I couldn’t take it. It was 70 in Brookings, Oregon yesterday and expected to be the same today. Time to get outside chores done. I’ll pray for you.

4. Ivan Wainwright says:

Prof. Valentina Zharkova, who has predicted the Earth’s future temperature from sunspot analysis is right when she says that the last thing we will be worrying about for the next thirty years is global warming.

• conrad ziefle says:

She labors under a mistaken belief in ability of the masses to engage in reasonable behavior. I guess if it gets bad enough, they might be forced to.

• When it starts to affect their pockets, they will start to pay attention. Most don’t trust the government, which is a good head start.

• rah says:

Then why did so many take the jabs?

• Disillusioned says:

79% of the U.S. population got at least one jab. 68% trusted the government so much that they submitted to becoming “fully vaccinated.” I know several people who took jabs without any duress from an employer – people who should have known better. More people trust[ed] the government than I would have hoped. Perhaps The Great Culling will reverse that.

And it does appear disillusionment is beginning to set in. Some people I know now have said they will stop getting an annual flu shot. I am not an epidemiologist, but that never made any sense to me, since legitimate vaccines take ~10 years of testing (most of which fail to pass muster). Since viruses mutate so quickly, an annual flu vaccine was a non sequitur – let alone this latest re-badged, emergency-authorized cash cow.

5. rah says:

And it ain’t near over after that! Old man winter is probably going to work overtime this year. Could very well be a spring where many of us will have to delay putting planting our gardens past the time we usually put them in.

In my neck of the woods, in central Indiana, we can usually put in whatever we want after Mothers day. Tubers can go in a bit earlier. Good chance that won’t be a good idea this year.

6. Ed says:

Mild and drier than normal in CA? Don’t think so. We’re way above average in snow this year. And cold too.

7. K Petersen says:

CA and NV have been very cold and wet contrary to both forecasts. Nothing mild about our autumn or winter.