Kilimanjaro To Be Ice-Free By 2020

20 Feb 2001, 4 – The Vancouver Sun at Newspapers.com

Looks like Reggie better get his blowtorch out.

14 Responses to Kilimanjaro To Be Ice-Free By 2020

1. Lance says:

Is that Reggie on the ice? No blow torch…but a pick axe to chip away at that damn glacier!
    Blow torch leaves to be a footprint.

2. GL says:

CNBC had dire, dire warnings for the polar ice cap and the 2019-20 winter in the northern hemisphere…. gone… gone… G-O-N-E(rs)

3. Edward says:

Similar story

“What we see with this glacier melting is irrefutable evidence of global warming,” Macron said after visiting the 4.7-mile (7.5km) glacier.”

Your opinion would be thoughtful.

4. GeologyJim says:

And believe me, you can absolutely trust anything that comes from Lonnie Thompson /sarc

This guy has never made his low-latitude ice core data available for review – ever.

Worse than worthless.

5. March 2019: Kilimanjaro scientists are sorry about their earlier prophecies

Biggest snowfall in ages on Kilimamjaro, March 2018 – interesting article on glacier research: https://www.masslive.com/news/2011/03/snows_of_kilimanjaro_defy_global_warming_predictions.html

6. Kilimanjaro 3 Feb 2020: lots of snow and thoughts of a return to ‘stable weather’

7. Gator says:

Reggie’s legacy…

Thanks to the Chico Police Department and officer Jim Parrott, I learned today that we were able to shut down a person living in Windsor Ontario who has been serially harassing me and threatening me and my family for over a year. He was doing this because of my views on “climate change” and my website: https://www.wattsupwiththat.com

Officer Parrott reached out to the Windsor Police Department (Constable Strong in the WPD Major Crimes Unit) and provided him all the research I’d gathered (including setting up an Internet “honeypot” to trap him) and today we get word back that the suspect has been identified, and has had police officers show up at his front door.

This particularly malicious troll is one of the “Arctic sea ice zealots” that inhabit Jim Hunt’s “Great White Con” website on sea ice. Both Jim and this troll were long ago banned from WUWT for serially bad behavior breaking our commenting policy multiple times, but this one troll couldn’t let it go. He escalated, and continued to do so…

Thanks to the work of the Windsor Police Department and the Chico Police Department, this malicious Internet troll won’t be bothering me again.

Thanks also to a number of bloggers who helped me zoom in on this guy by sharing information. Thanks also to “Poptech” whose research was very helpful. Great thanks to our own “Charles the Moderator” who helped me stay calm and focused on the “long game” rather than let this toad get under my skin.

Its quite a feeling of satisfaction to [get some action on] this case, especially since this dirtbag had assumed multiple identities, used fake emails, and other techniques to hide his identity. Much like some of the other trolls we deal with here daily, but this one stepped over the line, time and time again…

So, we nailed him. Despite his cowardice and shapeshifting, we prevailed, and we used his own stupidity against him to trap him in the “honeypot” so a positive ID could be made.

I won’t share the technique I devised, but it’s safe to say he had no idea what hit him when officers showed up at his door in Windsor. While it is very very tempting to share the file I have on him thanks to the police, I’ve learned long ago that “discretion is the greater part of valor“. I’ll just keep it handy, just in case I need to exercise my rights further.

8. Tish Farrell says:

Many apologies for repeat posting of kiboice. I thought my comments weren’t making it through Akismet.

9. Argus says:

Noted that my comment didn’t appear. I figured it was a good talking point. No matter. Aside from the 2005 picture, what is in the rest of the newspaper article? I noted that you cropped out a picture of Killimanjaro, I can only imagine that it’s because you wanted the article to be read clearer, but the rest of the article would be nice.

10. Bart says:

I tried to post that newspaper image to Pinterest and got this message:

“Sorry! We blocked this link because it may lead to spam”

Seems like that false claim is legally actionable.

11. Gill Raker says: