Global Warming Shrinking Strawberries And Mountain Goats

Mountain Goats Are Shrinking—A Lot—Because of Global Warming

Climate change means smaller strawberries, higher costs for farmers – ABC News

12 Responses to Global Warming Shrinking Strawberries And Mountain Goats

1. Dave Postetter says:

Tony – check out your Newtube account – I haven’t been able to view any videos of yours there for three days now

2. tonyheller says:

I don’t have any problem. I’ve posted several videos this morning.

3. Which is weird because I think everyone who has grown strawberries can tell you they grow better when it’s warmer. At least that was the case when I was a kid – we had so many of I can no longer make myself eat them.

4. Douglas Hoyt says:

Wild strawberries are very small and much better tasting than cultivated strawberries, in my opinion.

5. Tel says:

The large strawberries don’t taste of much, and they are crunchy like an apple. If you watch the TV chefs, when serving strawberry dessert they add a splurt of extra syrup containing strawberry flavouring, in order to make it taste of something.

The small strawberries are a different breed (obviously) and taste a lot better but they are not so good for bulk transport. That’s the main reason people still bother to grow strawberries at home. They grow in a huge variety of climates and in many places are grown in window boxes, small greenhouses, etc.

• I see evidence of human activity, cherry picked to give the impression of disaster, when each case requires closer examination to understand what is actually going on. Compared with the graphs of actual measurements which Tony presents, these tell us nothing about any correlation with CO2 or anything else. The reality is the Earth has been greening over the timescale represented, but we avoid looking in that direction. As a lesson in propaganda techniques, it is excellent, the step above the ‘Gee whizz’ graph, so beloved of charlatans. I suggest reading Darrell Huff’s most excellent book ‘How to Lie with statistics’ to innoculate yourself against the techniques used by professional liars to mislead us.

6. Bob Hoye says:

The woman conveying the narrative has a wonderful voice.
    TKS

7. arn says:

The good ole times when co2 was 3,5,7,10,15 times higher when those tiny,tiny,shrunken 30-100tons dinosaurs walked the earth.
    (i wonder how big the original unshrunken dinosaurs were before they got minituarized by high co2 levels)

But since about 60 millions years ago the co2 levels went south
    and as result of lower co2 levels modern reptiles grew so much that the biggest of them these days reach 1 ton of weight.
    Now that’s some impressive increase by -99.3% in size compared to co2 shrunken Amphicoelias Fragmilius.

8. scott allen says:

From your previous post.

Who would have thought that global warming would shrink the Santa Fe Symphony as well?

9. G W Smith says:

Without self-education we are destined for the mob and whatever way they believe. But at least we won’t be alone.