So Long Twitter

11 Responses to So Long Twitter

1. Charles Straw says:

The First Lady (no, not bland Dr Jill) joined Parler today – and her husband is due there soon, in a circuitous route to kickstart his TRUTH Social site

Melania Trump at Parler

Twitter might soon regret suspending your and other loyal accounts, Tony…as millions of their users flock over to become engraged by those darn Trumps

• Anon says:

I never joined Twitter because it seemed to be a lib. echo chamber, so never saw any of Tony’s stuff there.

However, I did join Parler (days b4 it was taken offline) and will join the other free speech social media sites.

So, given that, Tony might discover that he has more followers on the new platforms than the old ones.

2. Jeff L. says:

I cancelled my Twitter account when they cancelled Donald Trump’s. I don’t miss it.

3. Eric Simpson says:

Well that sucks royally. A permanent ban?

They always got that “Learn More” garbage. Like you don’t already know the reason for their effin bullshit. The b@stards.

I wonder how Tom Nelson’s account has survived all these years. And man .. you just got screwed over by youtube as well. Both within weeks of each other.

I hate to say it, I said it, they are out to ban people, especially when talking about pandemic related issues. It should be illegal, to squash simple discussion like that. Did you “threaten violence” or anything like that? No. They should be in jail.

4. GWS says:

If you’re not a dimocrat, you’re the enemy.

5. GreyGeek says:

‘out to ban people”?
    It’s more targeted than that. A large number of accounts never had posted a tweet. That suggests that it isn’t what they posted, but who they followed that determined if they were deplatformed. The pattern is essentially Conservative Christian White men. At first some AntiFa and BLM accounts were terminated as well, but they were quickly restored.

I expect to see additional massive bans on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitch and Discord as well.

I never joined Twitter and canceled my Facebook account about 10 years ago. I used to use Mumble instead of Discord when gaming but since my grandsons discovered girls I don’t game with them any more.

6. Conrad Ziefle says:

I can’t wait until Rasputin runs into the freezing water to try to get away.

7. Jim Mullen says:

I never did start a twitter account. Thankfully. I felt that I am no twit.

8. ruralbob says:

Twitter is the infinite number of monkeys on steroids. Everyone should get off it.

9. oldefarte says:

What can I say, Mr. Heller? “YouTube” banned me ages ago (with Google and other sites rapidly following suit). My sin? I’m not sure, all I know is that I got a notice saying that I was denied pretty much all their services, save the right to passively watch what they thought I should see. Since I didn’t threaten lives or property and since much of my commentary was offering gentle thanks and encouragement to sites such as “A Daily Dose of Internet” or applauding dance “mash-ups”, I can only conclude that it was either or both my comments on climate change or COVID which marked me as an enemy of all that is true and holy. So welcome to the leper colony. We’re a comfortable little group, welcoming to all, even those with contrary opinions which we actually believe are essential to a full understanding.

10. Opinion for the people says:

Facebook court filing admits ‘fact checks’ are just a matter of opinion –

Fact = Opinion
    War = Peace (it depends what you mean by “War”…)
    2 + 2 = 5 (it’s just an Opinion!)
    etc…