New York Saving Sea Turtles

“Boy, 4, is impaled by METAL STRAW: Child almost died after it went through his tongue and punctured major artery”

“Scriven suggested another five minutes might’ve killed Charlie and says that people should get rid of metal straws or keep them from use by children. Many parts of New York have a single-use plastic straw ban.”

Boy, 4, almost dies in accident where METAL STRAW impaled him, puncturing an artery to his neck | Daily Mail Online

7 Responses to New York Saving Sea Turtles

1. arn says:

Straws are so tiny and thin that it was not necessary to ban them.
    And i do not understand why they don’t make straws from organic stuff instead of wasting it for biofuel – and turtles would have no problems eating straws made of starch.

2. GWS says:

Giving your 4-year-old a metal straw? I can’t even remember seeing a metal straw; and this guy is supposed to be a doctor?

3. Yammobethere says:

When I was a teenager, I slipped on some stairs while sipping a drink and the plastic straw tore a strip along the upper part of the inside of my mouth. It bled for hours and it hurt for about two weeks. UPDATE: I survived. I believe little Charile from Long Island will survive, too.

Banning single-use plastics is a dumb idea, mmmkay?

4. Eli the Pit Bulldog says:

Meanwhile there’s been a 28% increase in sudden unexplained deaths. You’d think after Covid thinned the herd of unhealthy elderly people deaths over the last 2 years the death rate would be going down.

5. Bob G says:

Not the first or the last. There was a story in the news maybe a year ago about a woman who tripped and fell on her metal straw and she died. What do you expect from our leaders who want to force $60,000 electric cars on us that take 4 hours to recharge and we don’t even have the electricity to recharge them and they need new batteries every now and then for another 20 grand and they think this is a good thing. Really? It’s madness.

6. Timo, Not That One says:

There are very strict rules about how toys must be free of easily broken off, small parts, particularly metal axels. I had a neighbour who lost an eye because he fell, and an axel of the tin car toy he was carrying, punctured it.
    Surely no toy would be allowed to have a seven inch, removable, steel tube since the 60s.
    Just like with everything else, political correctness has forced us to totally ignore all the wisdom Western civilization has absorbed for the last 100 years.

7. Gummans Gubbe says:

I bought 10000 of those plastic ones last year. Our dentist recommends straws against erosion of teeth. I would bet that the energy/CO2 for producing those 10000 straws is similar to the energy needed for the one metal straw this retard gave his child.

But then again, when I confront people about straws they have learned the answer: It is the plastic island. Not CO2 this time.

How many here knows anyone throwing thrash around? Maybe Bertram Russel’s words of a judge every seven years is not that stupid? For myself, I do not know any people that litter. I live in a country where you can take a hike in the wilderness, eat and sleep in unattended cottages without anyone else in the vicinity. And everyone will pay their dues.

I know the countries where people litters. And my government are bringing people from those countries here.