Sea Level Was Higher During The Medieval Warm Period

The Norman castle at Pevensey Bay is one of the most historic sites in Britain. It is built inside of a Roman wall, and was William the Conqueror’s headquarters. It was also used as a defense outpost by Brits and Americans in WWII

It is currently several miles from the sea, but at the time when the Romans and Normans built the structures, the water lapped right up to the edge of the stone. The map below shows the bay 900 years ago, and the current seashore as a dashed line.

ScreenHunter_9556 Jun. 18 17.55

The inner wall is the Norman castle, and the outer wall is Roman.

IMAG0413

Climate experts say that that there was no Medieval Warm Period, because they are paid to lie for White House political purposes.

8 Responses to Sea Level Was Higher During The Medieval Warm Period

1. John Smith says:

so many examples of this
    I think Stirling Castle is a similar deal
    I understand the Normandy coastline was some 2 miles farther from Mont St. Michel in the High Middle Ages
    these curiosities are what got me into this subject
    what is the warmist explanation?
    silting?
    plate tectonics?
    far as I can tell they wave their arms and change the subject

2. Steve Case says:

Wikipedia [Can it be trusted?] says the elevation of the castle is about 33 feet.

3. Steve, since you have a problem with experts, I thought I would share the good news. They’ve all resigned… http://t.co/bVfLOBOyk4

Hey, I noticed you don’t have an icon here. I remember your old animated one with the atom… I liked it, and even saved it, but now I can’t find it… Want me to make you a new icon? Animated RCS or something?

4. Chewer says:

Those were the good old days, and these poor folks wish it were so now ;-)

5. Ben Vorlich says:

Steve,
    a couple of things.
    1, Generally, as i understand it, The South of England is sinking whilst the north (mainly Scotland) is rising. So if anything Pevensey Castle should be in danger from “rising sealevels”. Acknowledged by The Royal Geographic Society here

2 I have a recollection that at least one the invasions of Britain from Europe was triggered, at least in part, by rising sealevels. That was from a BBC emission many years ago.

6. Cam says:

Pevensey Bay was filled in as a result of a process called Longshore Drift which filled in the mouth of the bay. This resulted in marshes behind the shingle which gave way eventually to meadow.

7. Abdulahi says:

RealScience.com | Science that you do.