My Life Upgrade

I just moved from Fort Collins To Boulder. I have tens of miles of open space trails starting 100 feet from the front door of my apartment. I love Boulder, it is an incredible place for hiking, cycling, eating and good living.

ScreenHunter_10092 Aug. 15 21.43

When in Maryland, I’m now staying near Sugarloaf mountain, which is also an incredible place for all of the same things I mentioned about Boulder. Plus it is very close to DC.

ScreenHunter_10093 Aug. 15 21.44

All these moves have been a huge amount of work, but I am finally settled as of this evening. I couldn’t ask for nicer places to live.

I got rid of 97% of my stuff this week, and found my classical guitar I used 40 years ago

23 Responses to My Life Upgrade

1. Steve Case says:

Either one of those places looks like a good place to write your book. Hows it goin’?

I think most of us have probably noticed a decline in new items to comment on since you had dinner with James Delingpole a while ago. I assume your time is being spent on the book.

By the way, I finally found a site with temperature records I can handle
    Weather Warehouse
    I’m finding what you’ve found, Midwest summer temperatures from North Dakota to New York and south to the Ohio River valley have declined. Maybe it’s the start of the new Ice Age.

2. R. Shearer says:

I hope you will subscribe to the Boulder Daily Camera so that you can comment and push back against the liberal mentality that pervades its populi. Boulder still has a lot going for it but it was a better place not long ago.

3. pyromancer76 says:

Beautiful places to live, although I’m not sure propinquity to DC is so great. I hope it is well worth it to you and the remuneration will help you carry on. Good health to you. Your blog is essential to the future. Thanks for all the efforts,

4. Bill S says:

Boulder is a great place. Hope you much happiness.

5. Cornelius says:

Those places look beautiful. Here’s to good health, Tony.

6. Laurie Ridyard says:

You want to upgrade to a better place ? Move to
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch or
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochuchaf on
    Anglesey.

You have all what Fort Collins or Boulder has to offer , plus the sea and a bifurcating river [ Afon Braint ] !

7. dennisambler says:

“I got rid of 97% of my stuff this week” Is that a consensus?

8. Jack Savage says:

Do not lose the rage!

9. Norm says:

Now you can buy more stuff!!

10. ralph says:

Sorry if this is OT but it’s worth posting!

Bald and Golden Eagles Victorious: Court Invalidates 30-Year “Eagle Take” Rule

(Washington, D.C., August 12, 2015) The U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, in San Jose has ruled that the Department of the Interior violated federal laws when it created a final regulation allowing wind energy and other companies to obtain 30-year permits to kill protected Bald and Golden Eagles without prosecution by the federal government. The court decision invalidates the rule.

11. SteveO says:

I’m happy for you. Your life experiences show that being an environmentalist does not have to mean falling in lockstep with the red liberal agenda. You’re a great example for us.

12. annieoakley says:

Please keep up the good work and your friendship with Bill Gray. I have learned a lot coming here.

13. Pathway says:

But it is still Boulder. Yuk.

14. cheshirered says:

Glad the move has worked out for you Tony.

15. Ken Barber says:

Boulder: twenty-five square miles surrounded by Reality

16. Murray Lane from NZ says:

I love the work you do… I look forward to your daily postings of rational thought… thankyou – Murray Lane, Hamilton New Zealand

17. SMS says:

Tony, I hope you find Boulder to your liking.

I graduated from CU a number of years ago and my view of Boulder has been soured some by the experience of living their. It always seemed to me that whenever someone moved into the city they felt they were all that Boulder needed and then immediately began to close the door behind them.

The city fathers were, all the time, trying to limit growth. Slow growth measures, land purchases and needless regulations to try to stem the line of people trying to move in. As a student, these measures only added to the cost of living and as a student on a budget, it hurt. This may be one of the reasons that there are so many wealthy out-of-state students who attend CU.

Coloradoans have been supporting CU with their taxes, but Boulder has made it harder and harder for their sons and daughters to attend.

18. RokShox says:

I bailed out of Fort Collins when they tried to pass the grocery bag tax. We moved to Loveland and love it. My neighbors work for a living (vs. Fort Collins).