The World’s Worst Scientist?

Michael Mann doesn’t know the difference between weather and climate, and when called out on his ignorance uses a cherry-picked trend map starting during the 1970s ice age scare, while ignoring the National Climate Assessment.

Tony Heller on Twitter: “@RoyWSpencer @MichaelEMann

Temperature Changes in the United States – Climate Science Special Report

U.S. Scientist Sees New Ice Age Coming

During the heatwave of 1925, the Southeastern US (LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, NC, TN, AR) was over 100 degrees every day from August 6 to September 25 – peaking at 112 degrees in Tennessee on September 7.

States over 100 degrees on September 7, 1925

Georgia	        105
Kansas	        105
North Carolina	105
Indiana	        103
New Mexico	101
California	100

Alabama has recorded temperatures over 100 degrees on September 14 eight times – in 1908, 1910, 1911, 1915, 1921, 1925, 1927 and 1954. Today’s reading was the first in the last 65 years.

John Christy, the Alabama State Climatologist, just sent out this graph.

10 Responses to The World’s Worst Scientist?

1. Disillusioned says:

Bingo and B O O M !

2. rah says:

Got him Tony. Roy mentions 100 years and Mann counters with a 60 year map. Pathetic. You know, I have driven US 322 up from Harrisburg to State College on my way to Phillipsburg, PA many times. I’ve noticed that in the vicinity of State College the speed limit drops from 65 mph to 55 mph. No apparent reason. The road is actually better than anywhere else in the State College vicinity as it approaches the junction with I-99. And traffic has never been heavy. But still the speed limit drops by 10 mph. The more I hear and read from Mann the more I understand why they have to drop the speed limit for safety reasons. Apparently a considerable number of low speed high drag suckers in that area. (Joe Bastardi the extreme exception)!

• Logic n reason says:

This is the same Michael Mann who invented the debunked Hockey Stick and has just lost a libel suit in the BC courts after Tim Ball referred to him a person from Penn State who should be in the state pen! One of the reasons he lost was because the court repeatedly asked him to produce his data and he refused, probably because he knew it was fraudulent.

3. Rob says:

Sorry, OT, I know. Tony you posted a video recently lamenting the death of a friend and former professor of yours. He was a renowned scientist until he failed to participate in climate fraud, then his grants dried up. It was very moving. I’ve searched but cannot find the video. I’d be grateful of you could somehow direct me to the link. Again, I’m sorry for the OT comment and very sorry for your loss.

4. Stuart Lynne says:

Given the number of tweets Mann dispatches I can’t see he does anything but eat, sleep and post on twitter.

5. Norilsk says:

You’ve got to watch this video of Darwin after Cyclone Tracy obliterated it on Christmas day 1974. Tony had a clip of it in his recent video. This will leave your jaw dropping. The anemometer recorded 217 km/h before being destroyed. It was a direct hit by a category 4 cyclone, claimed to be the second smallest. 70% of buildings, 80% of homes destroyed.
    All in a time of global cooling.

6. BYRON says:

Pick those cherries, Mikey, and torture that data. It’s your livelihood!

7. EternalOptimist says:

He plays with words too much.
    I would not have him in my organisation

a bad egg. lacking integrity