Climate Prophets Discuss Extreme Heat

The climate prophets at Time Magazine know what the future will be and say extreme heat in Phoenix is “unprecedented weather.”

Climate Change Will Impact Air Travel in Surprising Ways | Time

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Climate Prophets Discuss Extreme Heat

  1. Conrad Ziefle says:

    Wow! A 2017 study in Climate Change” magazine. WOW! I bet they never exaggerate the significance of climate change! They found that up to 30% of the flights departing at the hottest part of the day MAY face weight restrictions.

    I don’t have much faith in the author of the study. The writing seems nonsensical, hence the understanding seems questionable. If the heat is limiting the lift of 30% of the aircraft, how is it not limiting the lift of the other 70% of the aircraft? They all should have weight restrictions!
    “But it seems safe to bet that we’ll see many more cancellations.”
    Yeah, I bet.
    I assume he means cancellations based on heat impacted lift. I would like to take that bet. Please contact the author. I would like to see how much money he is willing to put at risk. We’ll use last summer’s data as the basis of comparison.

  2. roaddog says:

    Since government is carte blanche outlawing fossil fuels, no one will be flying anywhere. Comment on anything beyond that is simply gratuitous nonsense.

    • arn says:

      Yes,but part of the narrative is to blame the coming no fly zone(like every other thing)on Climate Change,as flying will never be officially outlawed as the elites want to keep on using their private jets.

  3. Petit_Barde says:

    Ridiculous BS.

    The standard atmospheric pressure at sea level is taken as 1013.25 hPa or 1013.25 mb, but the air pressure at sea level normally varies between about 1040 hPa and 970 hPa.

    The atmospheric pressure decreases by 0,12 hPa/meter. Thus, the lowest pressure at sea level of 970 hPa corresponds to a standard pressure of 1013.25 hPa at (1013.25 – 970)/0.12 = 360 meters.

    And those clowns are pretending that airplanes can’t be fully loaded when taking off from an airport lane at 360 meters altitude or at sea level in a rainy day ?

    BTW, the lowest air pressures are not due to extreme heat but to storm events and it’s the strong wind that may keep airplanes from departure, not the low pressure.

    Distribution of Airports by Altitude :
    https://transportgeography.org/contents/chapter6/airport-terminals/airport-altitude/

    • Climate scientists never listen to aerodymacists, they think they know better.

    • Gamecock says:

      How can something that happens all the time be “Ridiculous BS?”

      Heat affects plane takeoffs. Some flights are cancelled due to heat. Any questions?

    • Gerald Machnee says:

      Please take a refresher course in air density as related to aircraft.
      Density altitude is pressure altitude corrected for nonstandard temperature
      There are three things that affect the density altitude: air temperature, humidity and sea level pressure.
      Aircraft design affects how much the density altitude will affect the aircraft.
      I worked an an Armed Forces training base.
      A Bell Jet Ranger is significantly affected on a hot and humid summer day. Training was cancelled on some humid days with temperatures above 30 Deg C.
      Some helicopters are built for high altitudes.
      Passenger aircraft are susceptible too, but the airlines know about it and adjust the passenger an baggage load, so you do not hear much unless there is a crash or “climate change” alarmists get into the act.
      Passenger aircraft are required to be able to continue if they lose power in an engine and this becomes more significant in warmer and humid air.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *