Five Moons

9 Responses to Five Moons

1. RAH says:

Hell Tony I can’t even see across the lights on the other side of the field across from my house. Wind and rain and then wind and rain and cold and then add a few morons on the roads and it all adds up to I’m very happy to have gotten home and be done driving for the week. There has to be a lot more major flooding on the way for those along the eastern half of the Ohio and the mid to lower Mississippi rivers. There was a section of I-55 in Missouri closed due to flooding earlier this week. At least my neighbor and I got all of the yards and the back field mowed Wednesday.

2. Tony
    Please keep the photos coming – inspirational. (As of course is your commentary on the CC scam)
    Many thanks

3. Steven Fraser says:

Tony, does the meter on the P900 allow you to take your exposure level from the disk of jupiter? It might be interessting to see some surface details.

• RAH says:

Even with my 10″ Mead Starfinder reflector telescope what I get are pastel colored bands. I can see the red spot. To get vibrant color images it takes long exposure which means accurate tracking, and the ability to gather more light than the relatively tiny lens of a camera can possibly do. It takes time to gather the different bandwidths of light into those pixels. Even in my telescope all the moons are just points of light.

• RAH says:

That being said I’m still thinking that Tony might be able to discern Saturn’s rings though they also will just be white.

4. R. de Haan says:

I would kill for views like that now.
    Haven’t seen a moon for a long time, just rain laden clouds for weeks on a role so no sun either.
    It feels like being choked.
    Time to go for a better location…
    Just keep those pics coming.
    Really inspiring stuff.

• RAH says:

We had 9″ of rain in 7 days. But right now the sun is shining finally though there are plenty of clouds around.