It’s Beginning To Look A Lot like Christmas …..

“A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles.”

• Edward Abbey

…. one week before Memorial Day. What was remarkable about this storm was the how it was followed by January-like cold yesterday.

Ninety-seven percent of local climate experts and government officials say that the Valmont Power Plant is to blame for the overheated atmosphere, and that it must be replaced by 200 giant bird choppers. They also say that destroying the South Boulder wetlands is essential to stop all this overheating.

None of these animals will mind having their habitat destroyed, in order to let Boulder City officials virtue signal they are serious about stopping imaginary global warming with meaningless, destructive token actions that would have no impact even if the fake climate models were correct.

14 Responses to It’s Beginning To Look A Lot like Christmas …..

1. Robertv says:

We all know that the best way to stop global warming is by creating more and bigger asphalt covered areas.

2. RAH says:

Cold for you guys but if one looks at the colors on the Accuweather forecast maps one would think that most of the rest of us in this country are going to be roasted alive today.

3. RAH says:

What was snow for you will be rain for us today. 100% chance of precipitation for us. Looks like I’m going to get wet doing the BBQ smoked chicken on the grill later. Marinated the boneless breasts and thighs all night in a mixture of Montgomery Inn Small Batch and Sweet Baby Ray’s Original after seasoning the meat to taste. I like using large Ziploc bags for marinating. The bag helps hold the marinade next to the meat.
    I’ll put them all on the top rack of the grill with my smoker box with water soaked Hickory chips below. Only the end with the smoker box will be on high heat with the other two sections on low. Turn them often moving them from the hotter to the cooler side as needed and baste each time with more BBQ sauce.

They’ll be done in less than 1 1/2 hours but to make sure I have a meat thermometer that one just leaves in and tells me the temp via a Bluetooth app on my phone. Makes a mess of the grill but it’s worth it. The hickory smoke adds a layer flavor that sets it apart from regular BBQ. This technique works equally well doing BBQ pork or beef ribs. My kids can’t get enough of it.

• David A says:

What time?

• RAH says:

Despite the breasts being huge it was all done in 70 minutes. This chicken had never been frozen and was skinless. Came out excellent. I look for when the temp reaches 160 deg. F in the center of the thickest part of the largest breast and base the positioning of everything else on the hot or cooler side of the grill based on that. Internal temp of the chicken will continue to rise by about 8 deg. after you take them up so let them rest for at least five minutes before serving.

To be honest I rarely use a meat thermometer on the grill but with a huge disparity in the mass of the different pieces of chicken In this case I was glad I did.

4. R. Shearer says:

Spring is coming earlier and earlier (not). They used to say to wait until after Mother’s Day here to plant your garden to be safe. They might need to adjust that by a few days.

• RAH says:

That same saying goes for my area of Indiana. And though it will get cold enough to be noticeable the danger of a frost seems to have passed so that old saying holds for this year

• cdquarles says:

Yeah, that bothers me some, too. The saying locally is don’t plant before Easter, which is in April most years. Easter this year fell on one of the latest days it can, since Easter is, like our seasons, defined astronomically. Thus, the only thing that can make Spring come earlier is precession of the Equinoxes. The weather will be what it is when it happens.

Locally, the most variable weather happens from Mid-autumn through Mid-Spring (Mid-October through Mid-May). The least variable weather happens in Summer (late June, July and August, though it starts becoming a bit more variable in mid-August through September. Remember, most of September is in summer where I am, not autumn.

5. gator69 says:

With my sincerest apologies to Meredith Willson, Bing Crosby, and Johnny Mathis et al…

It’s becoming clear that they have a sickness everyone should know
    Let’s look at the models again, missing the mark times ten
    With forcings and feedbacks they do not know

It’s becoming clear that they have a sickness just like their lord Al Gore
    They’re the nuttiest sight to see, it’s their folly to place faith in a crazed mentor

A host of solar panels and a home full of candles
    Is the wish of Romney and Ben;
    Windmills that spin and will shred birds again
    Is the hope of Katharine and Jane;
    And Mike and Phil can hardly wait for summer to begin.

May’rry Christmas everyone!

6. Joe says:

Back when climate scientists understood climate, they would say this is a sign of cooling.

7. Bent- feather La Nita 🐳 says:

You guys……I hate to tell you but it’s supposed to be CO2 warming…..from cow
    farts. That is some pretty scary farting!
    On this ranch, I have about 2 dozen cattle…..but no obvious farting whatsoever.
    Maybe something is wrong with my cows. There is nothing I know to do to encourage
    more of this known scientific fact.

• AndyG55 says:

Cow farts are just a small part of the scam to reduce carbon world-wide.

Thing is , the world is totally reliant on CO2 for its existence.

8. RAH says:

BTW you guys in Colorado aren’t the only ones in the northern hemisphere getting winter weather. In the US the people in the Cascades are wondering if winter will ever end and I-80 was closed due to drifting snow in the Elk Mountain and Laramie, WY area. And in Moscow they are having the coldest May since Lenin and Sverdlov were deciding how to murder Tsar Nicholas II, his wife, son, and four daughters, without being held accountable for the act (1918).