Snow Is Gone – Green Is Back

6 Responses to Snow Is Gone – Green Is Back

1. gregole says:

Those are just great shots. Love the red stem.

We live amidst a miracle.

• Rud Istvan says:

Interesting thing about dandilion stems. Green while the yellow flower pollinates, then red (meaning ‘dead’) to force the seed florets. My grandfather from Slovakia used to make ‘dandelion wine’ from the roots; dig them up when the stem turns red but before the seed head forms (imaged) and disperses. Max root carbohydrate content.

• RAH says:

I just poison the suckers. Every year I spray my whole acre. Looking out my front window at my front yard I can see two. I just wish it was as easy to get rid of moles.

• gator69 says:

Where I live, I have discovered that dogs equal moles. The coyotes here keep the moles in check, and I have noticed that my neighbors with dogs have the worst mole problems, because their dogs keep the coyotes off of their property.

• RAH says:

We’ve got coyotes around here and a few years ago they took a guys small dog just down the road. I keep an eye out for them when I let my dog out. I could get thumpers that would drive the moles off my property onto my neighbors but I don’t want to do that. I want them dead. I’ve used gopher bombs, poison worms, and traps and still have them.

• gator69 says:

My favorite method is my 12 ga. But I haven’t had a problem since my neighbor to the west moved, along with his big dog. Don’t get me wrong, I love dogs, but I’m too busy to keep one these days.