Michael Mann Announces That Official US Government Graphs Are Fake

#FakeGraphs #DenierBots

Michael E. Mann on Twitter:

The graph Mann is calling fake, is the official US Forest Service graph.

2010-sustainability-report.pdf

In 1936, fire was considered the greatest threat to prosperity in the Bay Area.

05 Dec 1936, Page 7 – Santa Cruz Evening News at Newspapers.com

Western landscapes in presettlement era were very smoky places.

In Unexpected Places, Clues to Ancient and Future Climate; Warming? Tree Rings Say Not Yet – The New York Times

Severe Ancient Droughts: A Warning to California – The New York Times

In 1906, San Francisco burned to the ground. If only they had a carbon tax to prevent earthquakes.

28 Responses to Michael Mann Announces That Official US Government Graphs Are Fake

1. Dave N says:

#MannIsACompleteIdiot

2. Scissor says:

It’s difficult to believe that No-bel Prize winners are so stupid and dishonest.

• Snorbert Zangox says:

Michael Mann did not receive a Nobel Prize. He claims that he did but that is not true. The IPCC received a Nobel Prize, but individual members of the IPCC did not.

3. Aussie says:

The quote “pot calling the kettle black” springs to mind. Mann can talk!

4. John of Cloverdale, WA, Australia says:

Unfortunately, like our man Flannery in Australia, Mann has a large ignorant following.

5. Bob Hoye says:

I hope that Dr. Mann sees Tony’s outstanding charts and old newspaper articles.

• rah says:

It wouldn’t make a damned bit of difference. Mann doesn’t care about truth or real science or anything that does not support his meme. He’s a liar.

6. Tel says:

Hopefully the Dept Agriculture will start a lawsuit for defamation.

Someone notify Trump that painstakingly collected government data is being undermined by doubters and naysayers like Mann. This is an OUTRAGE!!!!

7. Petit_Barde says:

So, each time this clown sees a diagram with a steep slope which contradicts his bullshit, he can’t help but accusing others of what himself has been exposed to :

– hockey “sticking”.

8. Noel Herron says:

Man is a person who cannot accept that his paradigm is wrong ,and he will persist with denial, strange isn’t it . Temperature records and weather models have so many inaccuracies . I live in the hills of Northern Britian , this morning I was using my horse Sam to check a particularly rough piece of pasture , while saddling him the thermometer read -3c it was dark with a freezing fog. I completed my recce and then headed home to get warm and have my Breakfast it was -1c . The weather on the radio said that my region was at 4c . Sam whiskers were white with frost, my eyes were the only uncovered part of me , so there was a 7 degree difference average that out. I suppose he would say that was my imagination.

• Disillusioned says:

Like the stories from our resident trucker, rah, here in the U.S. , I also enjoy reading yours. I hope you catch the thieves.

• Noel Herron says:

So far no luck , I have all the key routes on trip wires with blank 12gauge alarms . It’s a very trying process and cops are of little help. But with me dog and horse we keep after them. I attach a photo of Sam and I on patrol. Its not a recent photo but it gives you a flavour of what’s it’s like. Thanks for the comment I resting up at the moment and will be heading out in about 15 mins. It bloody freezing at the moment but at least the fog has lifted.

9. richard says:

He doesn’t believe NOAA’s info about Hurricanes either. I guess losing his court case has melted his brain.

10. Disillusioned says:

#FakeScientist #ZeroIntegrity #PropagandistShill

11. THX1138 says:

Shouldn’t we have compassion for psychopaths who cannot help but prey on the gullible and ignorant?

12. Rando says:

I would love to go reply to him on Twitter but he has me blocked. #Coward

13. Fast Eddie says:

How can you doubt Mann? He is an expert in fake data!

14. KevinPaul says:

When the tide turns and the Revolution is fully underway, it will be public pushers of the climate lie, dipsticks like Mann, who’ll face the guillotine first.

15. Russell Williams says:

Using the 1906 fire in San Francisco after the earthquake, you know that’s different from the main goal your trying to communicate about decreasing forest fires, not from a cause not related to weather or climate.

16. AlJones says:

My understanding is that the burned acreage data include incendiary (intentionally lit) burns prior to ~1960 and include only wildfire acreage burned after ~1960. The graph isn’t really an apples to apples comparison. It might be true that wildfires in the early part of the century were more several than they are today, but I don’t think that graph is proof of it.

17. Abolition Man says:

Michael Mann is certainly an expert with falsified graphs so you would think he could recognize them easily. Maybe he only works with hockey sticks, now! That photo of the decimation in S.F. reminds of the story my grandmother used to tell me.
    She grew up in S.F. In a house on Russian Hill. The house was completely destroyed by the fire including a huge library with first editions of Mark Twain, Bret Harte, et.al.
    My favorite architect, Bernard Maybeck, built many beautiful homes in the Oakland and Berkeley hills. Virtually all of them were destroyed in the fires that sweep through when trees and brush are not pruned back extensively. Fortunately two examples of his art survived; the Palace of Fine Arts, moved to S.F. from the Pan Pacific Expo on Treasure Island, and the First Church of Christ Scientist in Berkeley. They are both shining examples of his philosophy that buildings should be works of art that people live in.

18. Bill says:

Boy, the stuff they used to publish in the New York Times…

Lisa J. Graumlich, who examines the ring patterns of foxtail pine trees and western junipers in the Sierra Nevada, has compiled a detailed record of the year-to-year variation in temperature and precipitation over the last thousand years.

She has seen in the North American trees the feathery but unmistakable signatures of the Medieval Warm Period, a era from 1100 to 1375 A.D. when, according to European writers of the time and other sources, the climate was so balmy that wine grapes flourished in Britain and the Vikings farmed the now-frozen expanse of Greenland; and the Little Ice Age, a stretch of abnormally frigid weather lasting roughly from 1450 to 1850. A Crucial Question

“We can now see that these were global climate phenomena, not regional temperature variations,” she said. “The question is, how did we get those warmer temperatures during pre-industrial times, and what can we learn from those conditions about what is going on today?”

NYTimes, 1992, referenced article