New Video : 3984 Days Left For The Planet

7 Responses to New Video : 3984 Days Left For The Planet

1. dick merrill says:

where was the bike path?

2. Graeme No.3 says:

Since birds have survived the last 65 million years, I assume that they are paying no attention to the gloomy prediction.

Anyway, as Isaac Newton pointed out the end of the world will be in 2046, or possibly 2060. He wrote “This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fanciful men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, and by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail.”

3. Scissor says:

Kearney? I swam in gravel pits there a couple of times in the olden days.

• John of Cloverdale, WA, Australia says:

In the olden days (1974), I was up to my knees in mud supervising a UNOCAL seismic survey over the Bangladesh part of the Ganges Delta. There was one island in our lease called ‘Silent Island’ by the locals of the larger nearby Haitia Island. It was called that because a few hundred people were living there before they were washed away, on Nov 3rd, 1970, by the storm surges from the Bhola cyclone. Over 500,000 people died, and it was one of the deadliest cyclones ever recorded in the Bay of Bengal. Incidentally, this natural event indirectly led to the East Pakistan liberation war, because of the indifference shown by the West Pakistan Government to East Pakistan’s plight. Probably thousands died because of delayed rescue efforts.
      If a cyclone of this magnitude occurred today, it would be blamed on Global Warming.

• Scissor says:

That kind of takes the air out of my reminiscing.

• John of Cloverdale, WA, Australia says:

Yours is good too. But, I don’t think there has been a Bay of Bengal cyclone since to touch that one in 1970, when CO2 levels (Mauna Loa) were 325 ppm.

4. John of Cloverdale, WA, Australia says:

Brilliant, Tony. Thank you.