New Video : Boomer Remover

8 Responses to New Video : Boomer Remover

1. Munawar Karim says:

An aspect that is common among the young and their anger at baby boomers is the truncated family they have grown up with. With a 53% divorce rate it is a good guess that the majority of the young have not experienced a father’s role in their upbringing. A gent like Bernie shows up and promises them a kinder, gentler society and is immediately welcomed as the missing father or grand-father. No matter how outrageous his promises the is given a pass because he is seen as a father who was missing in their childhood. This is a sociological phenomenon not to be dealt with science and reason but with psychology.

2. czechlist says:

I have had a few encounters with early 20 somethings who mock their elders ” back in my day” or “hello boomer”. They consider themselves technology experts and we boomers are dinosaurs. They try my patience, and I just ask them who’s generation developed all of their technology.
    But, I recall how uninterested my dad was in the gadgets of my youth and how frustrated I would get when he couldn’t operate the VCR I gave him – even to set the clock. Now, I have had automobiles, DVRs, phones…with capabilities and functions I don’t need nor want and have no interest in learning how to use. I have become my dad.
    BTW, most of the whippersnappers believe in anthropogenic climate change. I tell them if they really want to stop it the first thing to do is discard their phones. All they see is a rechargeable battery – not the giant energy consuming server farms required just for them to be able to text and watch videos.

3. Bill says:

This is an excellent video IMHO and completely appropriate for inclusion in your blog covering climate science. The same techniques used to cause young people to fear their own planet and hate previous generations are at work in the Covid-19 pandemic.

I too went to college in the 1970’s; I paid $700 per academic year and was taught how to think rather than what to think. The buildings were somewhat dilapidated and professors were not very well paid compared to private industry, but had the absolute freedom to research, write and say what they pleased.

I sent my own children to the same school forty years later. My wife and I paid about $15,000 per year in tuition alone, the buildings looked like a country club or JCC, and the professors were paid six figures but were expected to toe the party line while they told students what to think, rather than teaching them how to think.

Socialists like Bernie have young people in a mental and emotional hammerlock; exposure to the ideas and the techniques of questioning authority and thinking clearly in your blog could help them.

4. Cathy says:

You have pointed out one of the reasons I’m glad our California students will be home with their parents for a few weeks.

5. gregole says:

Welcome back Tony!

6. JCalvertN(UK) says:

College has turned into Pavlovian conditioning.

7. Mark Luhman says:

First most boomers are not 80 plus so the millennial’s are again miss informed and to ignorant to that, in fact half of the boomers are below 65. It the greatest generation that at most risk. Add in all the fixes Bernie wants are what Italy now has and somehow it not working out for Italy. Lastly were are late on testing because we waited for the CDC to do it job which it failed at. At this point and time I betting that the Coronavirus in Arizona will be toast by the end of the week. We will be to warm to support its spread.

8. Jimmy Haigh says:

When I was young I was taught to respect my elders. I’m now all but 60 and still respect my elders.