New Video : The Green New Deal Has Arrived

12 Responses to New Video : The Green New Deal Has Arrived

1. Brian D says:

Wonder if we’ll see a marked decrease in the peak of CO2 this Spring. Usually peaks around May. And if not, well, that would be interesting.

• tonyheller says:

CO2 levels are largely controlled by ocean temperatures in the southern hemisphere

• John F. Hultquist says:

Brian D – things to wonder about:
      Note the word “from” in the following.

Phytoplankton are responsible for most of the transfer of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere to the ocean. Carbon dioxide is consumed during photosynthesis, and the carbon is incorporated in the phytoplankton, …

And, as Tony H says, temperature is important.
      Lots of things to keep in mind.

• Gerald Machnee says:

The percent of CO2 emitted from fossil fuels is not likely to make a dent in th total. The only thing that greenies will say is that emissions are down. There will be no effect on temperatures until we get cooling and/or they stop adjusting temperatures upward.

• Brian D says:

You all didn’t get it. Alarmists think humans are driving up levels. So with a massive reduction in our footprint in progress around the world, by their thinking we should see a leveling or even a slight decrease in the peak. So what is interesting is if it does or not. Hope you all understand what I meant.

2. gregole says:

Yup.
    They want us to stay home and work from home. I’m not. I refuse to stay home. I work in a big plant and there has to be some people there. I plan on being one of them. Just about all my office mates jumped at the chance to work from home. It’s going to get old fast. This Covid thing is being manipulated by the media. We haven’t got enough good data on this thing to know if staying at home will even help. And if far outweighs the economic and social disruption we are doing in the interest of fight Covid.

3. Valerie says:

Thank God for Toto and the voice of reason. I look forward to his investigation of this scare-mongering and impending totalitarianism of what looks to me like a fake crisis.

4. Sean M says:

Following up on Gregole’s post, I came across this today.
    Interesting, especially as such a virus was apparently (I wasn’t there!) discussed at Davos last October. It is in German, the subtitles are pretty good, a few ‘negatives’ where ‘positives’ were meant, according to the comments.

5. BobW in NC says:

*This* is what the “Green New Deal” is really all about. It tells us who “they” think “we” are.

“None of them [Gore, DiCaprio, et al] have any intention of ending their private travel extravagances. They just think we should end our modest and occasional use of commercial travel…They are privileged. We are not.”

6. Susan Ball says:

I just posted this on Judith Curry’s page. Anyone have an opinion on this? No loonies please!

I would like to see some attention directed to the apparent nationwide installation of 5G infrastructure during this outbreak. I feel there is an ominous disregard for human health, and that the climate debate has now been eclipsed by the CV discussion. Meanwhile, unnoticed, the emf network (5G?) is being set up in schools during the shut-down, new towers are appearing on city streets, and we are all in actual peril. DNA and mitochondrial function are impaired by emf radiation, and 5G will be even more dangerous. The Climate Scam was a distraction. Now we have another. The “Internet of Things” is a sure way to reduce world populations by means of serious health impacts. Plenty of studies and common sense would confirm this. We evolved without emf radiation. The pulse of the Planet is at 7.85 Hz. Our brains, when in alpha, are functioning at 7.85 Hz. I’m no expert here, but feel threatened by emf more than any climate issues. Working at home usually requires a computer connection, and possible increase in emf exposure. Any rational thoughts on this? If this is an inappropriate place for this discussion, where can we get some rational dialogue going? Thanks.

7. Raj says:

I wouldn’t assume the virus has killed climate craziness permanently. I think they’ll be back with a holy vengeance once life re-normalizes, now without any psychological barrier against unlimited government spending (borrowing).