UK Wants To Vaccinate People

It appears the UK is very close to, or at herd immunity. The virus is having a difficult time finding new people to infect.

United Kingdom Coronavirus: 296,377 Cases and 45,501 Deaths – Worldometer

Deaths last week were below average.

Link

So there is no rational reason to have a vaccine for most people. Yet the UK government is demanding it.

There is also no rational reason for mandatory masking in a population with herd immunity, yet the UK government is doing that as well.

14 Responses to UK Wants To Vaccinate People

1. Mr Sir says:

All this talk about “herd immunity”, and yet the US has had a record number of cases within the last month, due to Trump not caring.

2. Stephen Richards says:

Past epidemics suggest that herd immunity is achieved when 60% to 70% of the population are infected.

Even South Korea doesn’t claim that yet. The UK has not done enough antibody test to know nor has any country in the EU, as far as I have seen.

This virus has mutated several times, apparently, and no I don’t believe anything I read in the news, but not as many times as the flu virus. If it does there will be no herd immunity as now.

3. Aussie says:

Tony
    My plan is to vaccinate every body, but with a fake vaccine which is just sterile water.

The beauty here is that everybody suddenly thinks its all OK (it is anyway, but the MSM tell us otherwise), goes back to life the way it was and pretty much things return to normal.

This is obviously sarcastic but there is a ring of truth here. Of course deaths in nursing homes would rise, but many of those killed are actually pretty sick anyway with little time left.

I would not be surprised if some Leftist actually decided to do this…

4. G W Smith says:

Closing the barn door after the horses have left? It’s happening here in SW Oregon, too, with mandatory masks after no one has died and we haven’t had a case (9 total) in a month. People are now getting sick from wearing their masks too long. Liberalism.

5. arn says:

How to hold a population hostage?

6. Advocatus Diaboli says:

Regarding the use of face masks, there is a remarkable interview on their effectiveness with Dr. Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota. He is a frequent guest on NPR. You can read the transcript at their website here: https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/sites/default/files/public/downloads/special_episode_masks_6.2.20_0.pdf. Audio available here: https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/podcasts-webinars/special-ep-masks. His view is that — except for N95 respirators, which in any case should be reserved for healthcare professionals — the science to support the widespread use of face masks is, at best, poor . Instead, he stresses the importance of physical distancing.

A choice quote:

“When people state that CDC recommends cloth face mask use you have to understand there was much more going on than science and public health protection with this recommendation. I urge you go online to the CDC website yourself and you’ll not find one piece of information supporting that cloth masks are effective in reducing respiratory virus transmission.”

If you read the transcript, you’ll see many of the same phenomena taking place that we see in the climate change debate. Regarding an open letter signed by over a hundred experts supporting mask requirements,

“I contacted five of them who I know well, all are close friends. Four of them were ‘surprised to shocked’ when I shared the information I just with shared with you regarding the body of data or lack thereof, supporting the effectiveness of cloth masks in preventing viral respiratory-transmitted agents. They had just assumed that the summary information was accurate. The fifth one was honest enough to say to me, ‘Well, I signed it because of pressure from peers.'”

Dr. Osterholm has been subjected to exactly the same kinds of anti-science pressure tactics that climate skeptics face regularly:

“In all my years in public health, I’ve never experienced this blowback, even with the influenza vaccine or HIV vaccine related issues. We’ve actually had people who’ve contacted funders of CIDRAP, demanding that they defund us, because of my position on cloth masking. The leadership at the University of Minnesota has received complaints about me and the position I’ve taken. I’ve had four e-mails just this past week from physician colleagues who wanted me to sign onto their petition to mandate that everyone wear a cloth mask in public. I see organizations that are now supporting this effort without any real understanding of the evidence for making such a recommendation. Two such organizations are major medical clinics in this country.”

7. Patrick Healy says:

I am one of those wrinklies who remembers another Chinese Flu.
    The Hong Kong Flu of 1968/9. It supposedly killed 84,000 people in Britain. I do not recall being subjected to house arrest then. Strange that.

8. Tom Faggus says:

It’s ridiculous. Now that the virus has virtually died out, from tomorrow I will have to wear a face covering to go into the same shops I’ve been going into for the past 4 months of lockdown without a mask and with no issues. Our government is insane, mandating the use of masks which won’t stop you from spreading a disease you don’t have to people who probably wouldn’t catch it if you did. Wish I could move to Sweden.

9. KevinPaul says:

We are all being compelled to bow down and worship the Pharma God as our savior who like Huitzilopochtli has an enduring Langendorff lust for the beating hearts and other tissue vivisected without pain relief from live aborted babies.
    Molech is well satisfied by the blind sacrifices of this heathen society.