Global Warming’s New Home

During the summer of 2010 global warming was located in Moscow, but for a few hours today it is located in London.

Climate Reanalyzer

13 Aug 2010, 11 – Honolulu Star-Advertiser at Newspapers.com

Moscow, Russia 10-Day Weather Forecast | Weather Underground

7 Responses to Global Warming’s New Home

1. Eli the Pit Bulldog says:

In the UK, with temps near 100 degrees f, the dew point is in only the 40s, meaning they have a negative heat index. (More like lower 90s due to evaporational cooling effect)
    Compare that to where I’m at in Tennessee, where it’s also 100 degrees plus, with mid to upper 70s dew points and a heat index of 110-115.
    You learn to cope and drink a lot of water. I’ll mow the yard anyway and not complain

• Robert Cheeseman says:

I’m with you Eli,
      I’d take the 100s in eastern Montana any summer day- you can work in it and not sweat,
      I used stack hay in SoDak in the 100s and you just hydrate and sit in shade for 15 then work some more.
      Here- in TN- you have to feel sorry for those blokes that have to work out in it-
      I worked in LBL for the summer 0f 70 for the National Wildlife Fed and I’d have to change my shirt twice a day and I went through half a dozen from ripping them trying to peel them off. I read today somewhere that 30% of London housing is air conditioned- that’s what the 70s were like- cars didn’t have AC then.

2. Eli the Pit Bulldog says:

I can’t prove it….yet, but there’s something seriously wrong with these airport readings. In Memphis, at the airport temps this year are suddenly 4 to 6 degrees warmer in the afternoon than surrounding area, even within the highly populated areas. In previous years, it was only 1 to 2 degrees difference max. I do know there has been considerable construction around the weather sensors there though. But if I attempt to run up the the fence and take a picture of the sight, I’d probably be dealing airport security.
    I’m keeping up with it and I suspect there’s a sudden problem at the Jackson Tn airport as well

• Find the exact location of the temperature sensor. Even though this is the modern age, they are still installing temperature sensors too close to concrete and buildings — giving false hot temperatures. The sensor has to be at least 100 feet from pavement and buildings. I plan to soon make a video of an example I found in south Florida.

• Marko says:

If I understand correctly, the weathet station should go in the middle of x by x patch of grass. As to secure some stability of the readings unaffected by the surrounding concrete and any heating activity.

I remember reading an article about it. There are apparently many aberrations in rrading stabdards, which basically means they are mixing apples and oranges. But who cares as long as readings are higher.

3. GreyGeek says:

I noticed on that “ClimateRealizer” map of the world that they have the Antarctic a deep dark red, supposedly indicating that the South Pole is suffering a heat wave.
    I went to https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/antarctica/south-pole and as I write this it is -72F at the South Pole.

The summary for the “Past Weeks” is shown as a high of -49F and a low of -98F, with an average of -83F.

What probably doesn’t change much at all is the Temperature 12 feet or more feet below the surface. Where I live in Eastern Nebraska regardless of how hot it is on any given day the temperature is always around 58-65F at 12 feet below the surface. It’s coolest in early April and warmest in late October because of lag.

4. Jimd1958 says:

The Grand Solar Minimum is a cycle away. I hope the US has a real leader,wishful thinking, by then.
    Imagine snowfall in New England in June, it’s coming in the 2030s.