“Irresponsible Protesters”

The UK government says they are reducing fuel poverty by changing the definition of fuel poverty. The people don’t have enough bread, so let them eat cake.

9 Responses to “Irresponsible Protesters”

1. Idiots gluing themselves to buildings or blocking the M25 to all traffic, including emergency vehicles, are not irresponsible, but those who object to insane energy policies are. I’ve heard that great minds think alike, I wonder if that applies to idiots as well? We are governed by the technically pig-ignorant who are easy prey for the alarmist charlatans.

2. arn says:

It makes me think that the sanctions against Russia were just a cover for deliberate selfsanctioning to achieve green goals while blaming someone else for the destruction.I
    wonder what will happen to the people of a country where the mass influx of million illegals happens at the same time as the destruction of energy supply?
    (a nice scenario for an imported civil war and the implementation of a mandatory carbon footprint energy & vax pass : Get your 57th shot of your monthly Pfizer poison and you will get 50 kilowatt hours for free )

But I’m pretty sure the Royals,the Boris Johnsons,the City of London the military industrial complex,big tech will still get all the energy they want.

At least they (yet) haven’t started calling them Nazis.
    But in the end they’ll use the Canadian Truckers and January 6th playbook to counter anti- oligarch uprising.

3. Barry Sheridan says:

The British government could stop paying green subsidies to wind and solar producers, employing that money as a rebate for all energy users. However, given this nations political class do not seem all that concerned at the moment about the welfare of Briton’s I doubt they will. It is so much more important to be able to posture at Davos than worry about a few million citizens freezing.

4. GWS says:

Hi Tony — Your microphone needs help — I can hardly understand anything you say now, and since you don’t have closed captions, I’m really in trouble. It didn’t use to be this way. You used to have good sound and closed captions — what has happened?

5. Anon says:

Hi Tony,

Keep your eye out for more news about China pulling out of climate negotiations with the United States… possibly bigger news than many realize? I think the the prevailing view in China was to string the West along and allow themselves to decarbonize while China benefited.

Now, China may be about to offer the world a CHOICE:

1] West / Nato: Decarbonization / US dollar dominance / neo-colonial hegemony.

2] BRICs / SCO: Cheap energy / trade in national currencies / economic development

So, for countries in the Global South, getting out from the Western Green Agenda and being able to develop freely may be very attractive.

Furthermore, with China (and presumably Russia also) off the Climate Change reservation, the West is going to appear ridiculous, even domestically. With the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act, the United States is about to walk the decarbonization plank while China and its BRICs / SCO allies are going to pursue a cheap energy future.

The United States can’t even sell the Green Agenda to its own citizens, so now China may put the United States in the same difficult, very unpopular position globally?

Maybe I am reading too much into this? …but just a thought.

6. Scott Allen says:

Its no different then the Biden administration changing the definition of Recession.

George Orwell wasn’t wrong.

7. John. Donnelly says:

I stopped receiving the daily e-mail.
    Did I do something wrong?
    Are you on vacation