Science Too Difficult For University Students

At NYU, Students Were Failing Organic Chemistry. Whose Fault Was It? – The New York Times

11 Responses to Science Too Difficult For University Students

1. Rockwood says:

Reminds me of my daze at university and Professor Boone’s 1st year physics class, ah yes, thank god for weeding out the weak (can I say that?) and useless student population. Now the weak sue, WTF.
    NYT pay wall, is it worth the cost to subscribe, am somewhat skeptical… and damn got my twitter account suspended today for mentioning climate change is natural……. bah humbug twitter, and I am just an poor and old fart, damn

• Torgo says:

“They’re all worthless and weak”- Twisted Sister

Physics and Orgo were rough back in the day. I even had a Saturday morning Orgo lecture that was lots of fun to rise early on a weekend for. Being less career-assured than the pre-meds I was around, it’s a miracle I did fairly well relative to them.

2. GWS says:

We laugh now but soon will cry.

• arn says:

Not just cry but scream in pain.

Imagine a medical school with low standards combined with the ignorance and arrogance of an entitled narcissist who has a low concentration span =
      and that such a ‘doctor’ has to do a surgery that takes hours.
      This will end in desaster after desaster.
      and it won’t take long that people will start to avoid doctors with an american degree like the pest.

3. arn says:

“It’s your fault that I’m too dumb and too lazy”

So the mental bottom of students decided to drag down everything and everyone to their level.

4. conrad ziefle says:

When science became a religion, the Dark Age was sure to follow.

• arn says:

That’s a good one –
      though I believe that science was transformed into a religion with the purpose to implement the Dark Age(= postmodernism ) with the disguise of rationalism.

5. kzvx says:

Not only are their loans stupidly getting paid back, the courses are getting easier. No incentive for them to make any effort at all. If you don’t like too much studying, get the tutors fired

6. Disillusioned says:

Organic Chemistry is a lot easier than a complicated subject like gender studies, which is very confusing. Oh, wait….