Morning Hike

7 Responses to Morning Hike

1. TimC says:

Wow. The top photo has a Magritte-like surreality in the composition, the color of the sky, and the morning light. It looks almost artificial, as though you set up the landscape that way so that you could photograph it. Superb.

2. Theyouk says:

Gorgeous shots (again!)–thanks Tony!
    OT, but per the ‘world-is-ending’ Weather Channel, extreme heat from AGW is causing an increase in premature births (notably in the southeast US).
    I *suspect* that a couple of your graphs showing the percent of days over 85/90/95 degrees in that region over the last 20 years is likely to shatter the main claim of this article. Link to article: https://features.weather.com/collateral/climate-change-extreme-heat-premature-birth/
    Furthermore, the article does state ‘Large disparities in income and health care access in the state, often correlated with race and education level, complicate the picture…’ I suspect that this is by far the greater factor (but could be completely wrong).

3. KevinPaul says:

Beautiful pics Tony, you’ve really captured some mood invoking images. Here’s a challenge for you, capture some images of baby quail setting out with their parents while still very small, it’s got to be one of the cutest sights I’ve ever seen. My wife and I call them bumble bees, and we’re yet to get any pictures or videos of them, still trying.

4. just a thought says:

A feast for the eyes.

5. Gator says:

The latest big lie from the Professional Liars Club…

Koalas are now ‘functionally extinct,’ experts say

(Experts? Bigfoot experts?)

They are in danger of going the way of the dodo.

Koala bears have been declared “functionally extinct,” the Australian Koala Foundation reports. The fluffy marsupial is down to just 80,000 wild species members, meaning there aren’t enough breeding adults left to support another generation of the pouched mammals.

The tree-dwelling species has been ravaged by the effects of rising temperatures and heatwaves, which have caused widespread deforestation and fatal dehydration in koalas, according to the AKF. Only 41 of the koala’s 128 known habitats in federal environments have any of the animals left.

If a new disease or genetic pathogen of any kind is introduced, surviving koalas will die off rapidly. Activists are begging local pols to step in.

“I know the Australian public are concerned for the safety of koalas and are tired of seeing dead koalas on our roads,” says AKF chairman Deborah Tabart. “I am calling on the new Prime Minister after the May election to enact the Koala Protection Act (KPA) which has been written and ready to go since 2016.”

There is hope: Koala Protection Act is based on the US’s Bald Eagle Act, which was successful in rescuing America’s mascot from the threatened species list.

“The bald eagle act was successful because there was political motive to ensure their icon did not go extinct,” says Tabart. “It is time for the koala to be afforded the same respect.”

Ummm, no. Not even close.

What do real experts and real observations tell us?

Koalas Population Increased at the end of 20th century

This historical evidence suggests that by the end of the 20th century, typically the last decade of the 20th century show the rise within the numbers of Koalas population. And now currently the first decade of the 21st century has also experienced a reasonable increase within the population of Koalas, which was never, been witnessed throughout 19th as well as the 20th centuries. This is a good sign and also indicates that the future survival of the Koalas is highly secure and they can have a reasonable existence throughout the continent of Australia.

They have an illness. It’s called Pseudologia Fantastica.

6. Tom Abbott says:

Fantastic pictures, Tony, as always.

7. rah says:

Heck the nearest thing I’m getting to a hike is doing the trimming with the push mower on my acre before I hop on the tractor to finish it. And I feel lucky when I get to do that! This truck driver has been on the move a lot for the last few weeks. This economy is like nothing I’ve ever seen. Even on weekend nights in some places it can be tough to find a place to park the big truck when pulling in to take a 10 hour break in the wee hours of the morning. Overtime days abound and home projects keep getting pushed back. Am now planning on using vacation days to tear out our old wooden deck and form and pour a slab to replace it. That’s the only way I can see to get it done. The rest of my planned projects will just have to wait I guess.