Where’s Greta Today?

Where’s Greta today? She is in a quiet spot right now, but will be dealing with gale force winds and thunderstorms by tomorrow. Greta has two weeks to get to Madrid without emitting any CO2. The joys of life in the 15th century!

If she has to get rescued by the US Navy, the New York Times will (of course) blame the storm on climate change. If she is late for the meeting because of rough weather, the New York Times will blame the weather on climate change. No matter what happens, practitioners of the climate religion will see it as evidence supporting their faith.

13 Responses to Where’s Greta Today?

1. Norilsk says:

Some people have no idea of how violent the sea can be. May God have mercy on Greta and the crew. Take a look at this video of how rough things can get.

Ships In Storms Video Compilation

2. Noel Herron says:

I once cross the North Sea in a force 9 on a sailing vessel , it was bloody awful, I was as sick as a dog but had to continue working and I was only a deck hand ,the guys in the tops were just awesome. These people are nuts what the hell are they trying to prove, just how stupid they are?. If they are not careful they are going to get that wee girl killed.

3. Steven Fraser says:

Looks like wicked cross-winds.

4. scott allen says:

I am not a sailor so my question is: Are they even going to make it in time?They only have about 25 days before the last day on the 13th of December.

5. John says:

Perhaps the where’s Greta map give Greta some creedence re the amount of air traffic shown. I amazed myself. It seems rather aconfirmation of the mount of high altitude traffic and the atmospheric polution…even though I do not believe in human caused climate changes. Polution is another matter though…and that is being given some attention

• Andrew Galloway says:

I’ve always felt the the global warming arguments were introduced to avoid having to do anything about pollution.

6. John says:

Perhaps the where’s Greta map give Greta some creedence re the amount of air traffic shown. I am amazed myself. It seems rather aconfirmation of the mount of high altitude traffic and the atmospheric polution…even though I do not believe in human caused climate changes. Polution is another matter though…and that is being given some attention

7. Windsong says:

Given their current position as reported on https://sailing-lavagabonde.com at 33N – 66W, they have been blown NW of Bermuda. When they turned due east at 72W they were headed directly toward Bermuda, but I do not know if that was an intended stopover. Meanwhile, the NWS National Hurricane Center as of 7:00 pm has upped the probability of a tropical storm to 50% on their Atlantic 5-Day Tropical Weather Outlook. Potential movement would be northward in the vicinity of 60W.

• scott allen says:

So as a non sailor. it looks like they are about 3 ,000 miles from their landing Portugal. given the speed of a cat that size (top speed 18 knots) but now running about 7 knots they might make it but the storm will definitely be a major factor.I am figuring about 18 to 20 days.
      a little math help from a sea type person, to correct my math.

8. Terry Shipman says:

One line from Gordon Lightfoot’s “The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald” jumps out at me: The gales of November remember.