Mashable Says -25C Is Scorching

Mashable says the red blob over Siberia is scorching.

The planet’s climate scorched in the first 3 months of 2020

GISS shows January/February temperatures in that red region averaging around -25C, which is above average but not as warm as 1934.  March temperatures are not yet available.

monthly data as text

How many people would be willing to spend $5 to relocate climate journalists to scorching Siberia?

10 Responses to Mashable Says -25C Is Scorching

1. Mark says:

Some of that reminds me of the rhetoric at http://dhmo.org ;-)

2. Bob says:

Me Me Me but $5 each is a bit stingy. They’ll need extra for Sunscreen and air-conditioned dwellings. Hot hot hot 61N latitude 25C summer peaks. Alarming.

3. Matthew says:

I would. Send all the journalists there. We’d be better off keeping the telephone sanitizers…

4. Mark A Luhman says:

I think all climate scientist in the US should be required to work out of Dutch Harbor, Alaska. Somehow after a year or two they might begin to appreciate a warmer world, like most sane people do.

5. Taphonomic says:

Weren’t there reports that Siberia used to under-report winter temperatures to be allocated extra coal supplies?

6. johnbuk says:

Put me down for two journalists – a day.

7. Susan Ball says:

Wonder why they chose 1951-1980….

8. nfw says:

My God they’re stupid.

9. D. Boss says:

Relocating all “journalists” to Siberia – now that’s a pleasant thought!

Since they not only believe it’s scorching hot, but they also promote the new socialist paradise to come, let them see what being banished to Siberia is really like as in how it was done for millions under the last big Socialist Experiment that devolved to Communist Dictatorship….

10. Jeff says:

I see in the small print that the comparison is to the 1951-1980 average. Gosh, I wonder why they picked that 30 year interval for the ‘control?’