Least Warm Start To The Year On Record In The US

For data available so far, January-May has had the fewest warm days on record in the US.

13 Responses to Least Warm Start To The Year On Record In The US

1. Anon says:

That is why we should not be using the terms: Global Warming or Climate Change.

The new word, according to Katherine Hayhoe is: GLOBAL WEIRDING

And the trend you have just shown is the weirdest yet!

Which is why I am switching my household to: ECOTRICTY because its 100% Orangutan free.

2. James says:

Tony, I consider you to be one of our National Treasures. Thank you for bringing sanity to a world that is so hellbent on enslaving the masses here and abroad. I think while you were in Costa Rica a short while ago, a news report was making its way around claiming research showing the trees in the Amazon rainforest were taking in a record low amount of CO2. My gut tells me warming alarmist pseudo scientists are not giving the whole story. I thought ‘Where is Tony when we need his analysis?’ Have you looked into that report, can you look into that report?

3. Kneel says:

“…because its 100% Orangutan free.”

And I only feed my cat tuna safe dolphin meat.

4. Stuart Nachman says:

In southeastern Virginia we have experienced the coldest May in my 74 year old memory.

• frogtongue says:

In NOVA as well, though my memory does not stretch back quite so far as yours. Now, just wait and see . . . NOAA and NASA (well maybe not NASA, they’ve got rockets to keep them occupied once again) will announce this as the hottest year on record. Of course, their record will only extend back by the year. Cherry picking at its optimum best.

5. Brian James says:

May 27, 2020 Coolest Electric Science of 2020 (and More) | S0 News

6. Ari says:

bUT ThE us Is LEss ThAN 2% Of THe oF The WOrlD !!

• A Bit Ruff says:

Sri
      The same historically low temperatures is also being recorded in Australia….record snow falls and a very mild Summer just experienced despite the false information that was given about our bushfires

7. A Bit Ruff says:

Just to confirm that it is not only the case in the USA, we in Melbourne Australia, experienced the Coldest beginning in May in recorded history.

8. Joel says:

I have a giant beautiful green ash and it’s a bit shy this year in Boulder County. In previous years it would have leaves all over on Memorial Day. But the leaves are out only on the topmost brances now. I think it’s waiting for a little mor Global Warming. Can y’all start burning more?
    I might git me one’a them Teslas and plug it in every night so they can burn more coal out east to feed my house.

9. Mohib says:

Could this be why COVID-19 peaked around Easter rather than earlier in the winter as normal? I think the second graph in this post is very, very telling. It compares COVID-19 death rates, over time, to 1998/1999 and 1999/2000 flu seasons and shows there’s little to no difference over the “normal” 2 month period these viruses hang around:

“The eccentric biostatistician Knut Wittkowski came at things from a different angle, the “null hypothesis” angle – a default, in layman terms.

“In the absence of evidence to the contrary, he assumed that covid19 was a normal viral respiratory disease, and at the end of March wrote a compelling but neglected paper showing how the emerging data backed up his view that “respiratory diseases [including covid19]… remain only about two months in any given population”.

“This can be seen in the first graph at the top of this article showing the UK’s epidemic, but is illustrated more clearly by a simple “what-if” thought-experiment: respiratory viral diseases generally peak in mid-winter, and covid19 is very unusual to be killing people with a peak at Easter.

“*If we simply move covid19 deaths from spring to winter, the death-toll and the extent of the epidemic is put in the context of recent bad (but not dramatic) influenza years.*”

We’re all in the big numbers now — Adding up the damage Britain’s Covid19 policies have caused

10. DAVID ALMOSLINO says:

I think some clarification would be helpful Tony. The last 2 months have had a serious slowdown of industry and consumer consumption. A LOT less fuel burned, a LOT less emmissions and pollution. Shouldn’t some adjustment be made to the charts based on such low activity?

Please clarify before my lefty friends call “hoax”. Thank you.

• Gator says:

Do try and keep up…

University of Alabama climate scientist Dr. Roy Spencer used a simple method1 for removing the large seasonal CO2 cycle2, due to plant photosynthesis increases/decreases with seasons, from the Mauna Loa CO2 data, and well as the average effects from El Nino and La Nina events, which change the rate of ocean outgassing of CO2.

The result: no obvious downturn in global CO2 levels has been observed.

This is an advanced class, and maybe not for you.