Tropical Heatwave In New York

“We’re having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave. Also a temperate heat wave and an Arctic heat wave, with temperatures reaching the high 80s in northern Norway.”

“And the Republican majority on the Supreme Court just voted to limit the Biden administration’s ability to do anything about it.”

Opinion | Another Step Toward Climate Apocalypse – The New York Times

The weather forecast for New York looks fairly typical for July

New York City, NY 10-Day Weather Forecast | Weather Underground

Climate Reanalyzer

14 Aug 1922 – Misplaced Tropical Heat. – Trove

Mr. Stefansson then referred to ‘the “Great University of Unlearning”’ he attended in the Arctic, He found in the Arctic, he said, that 40 to 60 per cent of what he had been taught about that region was incorrect,

Fallacies About Eskimos

For instance, he explained, Eskimos do not make a habit of drinking oil and, although some Eskimos have snow houses, most of them never heard of such abodes until they were told about them by European travelers. Mr. Stefansson added that the United States Weather Bureau had published the fact that temperature went as high as 100 degrees (Fahrenheit) in the shade north of the Arctic Circle.

TimesMachine: June 17, 1937 – NYTimes.com

In 1927, a group of women tried to drive to the Arctic Ocean. Hot weather, melting permafrost and forest fires forced them to abandon their expedition.

the motor party journeyed to 270 miles north of the Arctic Circle, prepared for freezing weather. To their continued astonishment the temperature was never’ less than 90 degrees in the shade

The intention was to reach the Arctic Ocean, but 40 miles of marsh country on the coast prevented this. An average of 210 miles a day was made on the journey, which was arduous in the extreme, ahd at one time the car had an actual race with death among the forest fires in Sweden over terrible roads

30 Sep 1927 – WOMEN MOTORISTS – Trove

Climate and Earth’s Energy Budget

This was the front page of the New York Times on this date in 1936.

TimesMachine: Sunday July 5, 1936 – NYTimes.com

North Dakota set their all-time temperature record of 121F on July 6, 1936 at Dickinson.  During that week, Fort Yates, North Dakota averaged 112F.

TimesMachine: Monday July 6, 1936 – NYTimes.com

TimesMachine: Tuesday July 7, 1936 – NYTimes.com

TimesMachine: Wednesday July 8, 1936 – NYTimes.com

TimesMachine: Thursday July 9, 1936 – NYTimes.com

TimesMachine: Friday July 10, 1936 – NYTimes.com

TimesMachine: Saturday July 11, 1936 – NYTimes.com

psi-193607.gif (690×488)

psi-193407.gif (690×488)

Streamflow on the Colorado River at the Colorado/Utah state line is normal.

USGS | National Water Dashboard

Global Monitoring Laboratory – Carbon Cycle Greenhouse Gases

25 Responses to Tropical Heatwave In New York

1. GWS says:

The world for the woke began when they were born, and the weather that they can remember may be only the last few years. So for them, every day is a scary adventure into the unknown.

2. arn says:

Ah – Krugman.
    The “expert” who claimed that it is impossible to turn the economy around and that the jobs won’t come back (to built up the excuse for Hilarys coming deliberate destruction of the economy; but the ‘wrong’ person n became president )- and Trump turned the economy around and brought back jobs in record time.

But – since when has he become a climate expert?

Maybe he thinks it’s ok because his fake nobel prize is more worth than Manns non-existing nobel prize.

• toorightmate says:

He has just proven that he as much an expert on climate as he is an expert on economics.
      How do people like him stay employed? Do they have discrete photos of people in high places in compromising situations?

• arn says:

IMO it’s the other way around.

They do have compromising stuff about him.
        That’s what Epstein Island was all about.

Make them blackmailable and then bring/keep them into position.
        Then they will say whatever you want them to say,even,as in this case you have to be pro economically disfunctioning communism and its tools to destroy economy – though you have a nobel prize in economy.

I remember an interview with a PNAC members.He statet that ‘We need blackmailable leaders ‘.
        And PNAC was founded by Victoria Nulands husband.

3. Eli the Pit Bulldog says:

But then again Paul Krugman has never been right about anything….so there’s that..

4. Eli the Pit Bulldog says:

Well will you look at this. You can’t tell me the CDC and FDA didn’t know.

5. Mckenzie says:

Hello, I commented on a previous post looking for some help/advice when it comes to this subject. Someone posted a pdf but I couldn’t get it to work. I apologize in advance for this comment not being relevant to this particular post but I didn’t know where else to go hoping to find some of the answers I’m looking for. I’ve spent on and off the last 7 years going down the rabbit hole of looking up stuff online about global warming/climate change. Mostly trying to find arguments/debunkings against the alarming claims for my own peace of mind. I know it probably would have been smarter for me not to but when you suffer from OCD, eco-anxiety, and depression like I do you’re willing to try anything just to get your brain to shut up with the worries. I’ve always been on the fence with this, mostly because I don’t really understand it. Was never good science or math, I’ve always just wanted to have my mind set and my feet firmly planted on the skeptics side without any question but it makes it difficult when so many argue against it and say that it is happening. Every time there’s an article or some video on YouTube that’s there to debunk the claims from the alarmists there’s so many comments from people below arguing against said article or video hence why it’s difficult for me to figure out which side I’m on. I definitely don’t want to believe that we’re all doomed and there’s nothing we can do and that’s really why I’m here. Honestly I hate everything about the topic of climate change and wish no one had ever said anything about it one way or another. In many ways it has ruined me being able to enjoy a qulaity of life. I’ve spent so much time trying to do research when I could have been doing something more productive or fun with my time. It’s all so confusing when there’s so many different theories and opinions going from ‘there’s nothing going on and it’s all a scam’ to ‘it is happening, just not that bad’, to ‘it is bad but we can still fix it’, to ‘it’s way too late, we’re totally screwed, and there’s nothing we can do.’ Of course that last one worries me the most. And then there’s what I call the biggest extremist doomers when it comes to that last one. People like Extinction Rebellion, Jem Bendell and his ‘Deep Adaptation’ which is said to be sending people to therapy, and then Sam Carana of the ‘Artic News’ blog site and Guy Mcpherson with their near term human extinction saying that because of tipping points, positive feedback loops, and methane being released that by 2026 it’s going to cause temperatures to increase 10 degrees and wipe out all of humanity. Of course I don’t want to believe this, I want to tell myself it’s absolutely ridiculous and they’re just doing it for the attention but it makes it difficult when there’s so many other people who agree and say that the science is spot on. I’m also surprised to find nothing when I search the names that I just said on here. But anyways, others who say that the IPCC is erring on the side of less drama and putting out conservative reports to not let us know just how bad things really are. All this doom and gloom just really scares me and it doesn’t help that I live in San Antonio, TX and we just had our hottest June on record since 1895. The last record was in 1990 where there were 10 days that hit triple digits, this June we had 17. Not to mention that any day that wasn’t in the triple digits was in the high 90s, the whole month was close to 17 degrees above seasonal average or more. And now every day of July so far has hit triple digits and that’s not stopping anytime soon when looking at our local forecasts. I’ve lived here since 93 and have never seen it being this hot this early for this long. I don’t want to believe it’s cause of global warming and I’m hoping to find an alternate explanation as to what’s causing this to happen. So I’m asking if anyone here can use graphs or some mathematical/scientific explanation that shows this has nothing to do with global warming. I’m so tired of constantly worrying about this. I have a wife and we have a 7 month old daughter and I just want to feel strong and confident that we didn’t bring her into a world that’s going to cause her a short life that ends in doom. Can someone here also possibly provide a good scientific debunking of the claims made by extinction rebellion, Jem Bendell, Sam Carana and Guy Mcpherson? I try to look online but mostly all I find is others opinions not using any actual science. I know it’s a lot to task and if it’s too much I understand and I apologize. I’m just at the end of my rope here and I honestly don’t know what else to do. This is literally on my mind 24/7 and I don’t want to become suicidal because I can’t do that to my family. So if anyone here, anyone at all can possibly provide something scientific/mathematic to show that all these worries are bunk I’d really appreciate it. I’m sorry for this being so long and for probably sounding ridiculous to you all but it was a lot I had to get out.

• Ivan Wainwright says:

Mr. Mckenzie,

Go on YouTube to Prof. Wal Happer of Princeton. ( I hope Google hasn’t taken it down.) Happer explains how adding CO2 to the atmosphere can not raise the temperature . That is because the heating effect of CO2 is saturated. Once the level got beyond about 300 ppm, the small slice of outgoing infra-red radiation which excites CO2 can do no more.

• arn says:

In terms of your anxiety
      you just need the basic data that shows that your anxiety is not justified.

1) Take a look at the number of global annual victims of natural disasters.
      You will find out that the number is much lower since the scam started
      then it was ever before in human history.

A single hurricane in Pakistan (Bhola typhoon ) has killed 1970 500000 people.
      This ia almost the number of people that were killed globally combined by natural disasters in the last 10 years combined.
      And this was just one event in a single country.
      And we haven’t started to talk about the droughts in China that killed up to 2 million people per year
      or the global megadrought that started in 1876 iirc (Tony made a recent Post about this topic).
      This drought has killed 30 mio + people.

Once you compare these numbers you will realize that there never was a better climate in history of mankind for humanity and especially for people with climate anxiety.
      And you always have to keep in mind that the human population on earth is much much bigger now than it was when all the really big catastrophies happened.
      One might argue: As result of progress the percentage of people exposed to natural disasters has increased.
      Yes – but the overall number of pisspoor vulnerable people is about the same as it was 60- 70 years ago.

2)Go to ‘Extinction Clock.Org’.
      You will find a hundred+ of doomsday predictions by Megaexperts that were supposed to wipe out humanity.
      Every single one of them failed 100%.

3)Don’t waste your time arguing with people about climate.
      This is exhausting and leads to no positive results.
      These people are caught in their bubble of AGW as you are in your anxiety.
      It is extremely counterproductive for people who are in a shaky mental condition to waste their energy in verbal fights – that way you will only feed your climate demons.
      You have to convince yourself in the first place and noone else.
      And once the knowledge settles in your brain and heart your fear will go away.

4) Take a look at the coasts.
      They look the same as they did 30 ,60 or 90 years ago.
      All country coastlines look the same as they did decades ago.
      = the claim about man made sea level rise is 1000% wrong.
      And so are the claims about extinctions of polar bears, disappearance of arctic sea ice,snow is not a thing from the past etc etc.
      ALL predictions turn out to be 100% wrong.

5) In Climate Science something happened that is impossible in science.
      It went from one extreme (Ice Age) into another (Global Warming )
      while the scientific actors (Paul Ehrlich,John Holdren,Stephen Schneider)remained the same.
      Such a thing can not happen in real science that it goes from one extreme to another – no way.

6) Take a look at the global yields/ harvest :Rice,Wheat etc.
      They have been increasing all the time.
      Such a scenario is impossible in a climate that is a desaster for 3 decades.
      And the only reason those yields will now start to go down is Joe Bidens bosses.
      By sanctioning fertilizers and destroying energy supply they are creating a disaster on purpose – and will later blame it on co2.

7) Take a look at the Nomads, Beduins etc who live in Superhot regions – the human body can survive in much worse places than you can imagine(but you are not aware of it) and
      even if the place where you live gets 2 degrees warmer you will live in far better environmental conditions .

8) How many people do you know who have been killed by climate?
      Compare it to the number of people you know killed by cancer,cars,obesity,violence and you may realize that climate is not even in the top 10 but for yourself it’s undisputed no 1 – for no reason..

6. Mckenzie says:

Hello, I commented on a previous post looking for some help/advice when it comes to this subject. Someone posted a pdf but I couldn’t get it to work. I’ve spent on and off the last 7 years going down the rabbit hole of looking up stuff online about global warming/climate change. Mostly trying to find arguments/debunkings against the alarming claims for my own peace of mind. I know it probably would have been smarter for me not to but when you suffer from OCD, eco-anxiety, and depression like I do you’re willing to try anything just to get your brain to shut up with the worries. I’ve always been on the fence with this, mostly because I don’t really understand it. Was never good science or math, I’ve always just wanted to have my mind set and my feet firmly planted on the skeptics side without any question but it makes it difficult when so many argue against it and say that it is happening. Every time there’s an article or some video on YouTube that’s there to debunk the claims from the alarmists there’s so many comments from people below arguing against said article or video hence why it’s difficult for me to figure out which side I’m on. I definitely don’t want to believe that we’re all doomed and there’s nothing we can do and that’s really why I’m here. Honestly I hate everything about the topic of climate change and wish no one had ever said anything about it one way or another. In many ways it has ruined me being able to enjoy a qulaity of life. I’ve spent so much time trying to do research when I could have been doing something more productive or fun with my time. It’s all so confusing when there’s so many different theories and opinions going from ‘there’s nothing going on and it’s all a scam’ to ‘it is happening, just not that bad’, to ‘it is bad but we can still fix it’, to ‘it’s way too late, we’re totally screwed, and there’s nothing we can do.’ Of course that last one worries me the most. And then there’s what I call the biggest extremist doomers when it comes to that last one. People like Extinction Rebellion, Jem Bendell and his ‘Deep Adaptation’ which is said to be sending people to therapy, and then Sam Carana of the ‘Artic News’ blog site and Guy Mcpherson with their near term human extinction saying that because of tipping points, positive feedback loops, and methane being released that by 2026 it’s going to cause temperatures to increase 10 degrees and wipe out all of humanity. Of course I don’t want to believe this, I want to tell myself it’s absolutely ridiculous and they’re just doing it for the attention but it makes it difficult when there’s so many other people who agree and say that the science is spot on. I’m also surprised to find nothing when I search the names that I just said on here. But anyways, others who say that the IPCC is erring on the side of less drama and putting out conservative reports to not let us know just how bad things really are. All this doom and gloom just really scares me and it doesn’t help that I live in San Antonio, TX and we just had our hottest June on record since 1895. The last record was in 1990 where there were 10 days that hit triple digits, this June we had 17. Not to mention that any day that wasn’t in the triple digits was in the high 90s, the whole month was close to 17 degrees above seasonal average or more. And now every day of July so far has hit triple digits and that’s not stopping anytime soon when looking at our local forecasts. I’ve lived here since 93 and have never seen it being this hot this early for this long. I don’t want to believe it’s cause of global warming and I’m hoping to find an alternate explanation as to what’s causing this to happen. So I’m asking if anyone here can use graphs or some mathematical/scientific explanation that shows this has nothing to do with global warming. I’m so tired of constantly worrying about this. I have a wife and we have a 7 month old daughter and I just want to feel strong and confident that we didn’t bring her into a world that’s going to cause her a short life that ends in doom. Can someone here also possibly provide a good scientific debunking of the claims made by extinction rebellion, Jem Bendell, Sam Carana and Guy Mcpherson? I try to look online but mostly all I find is others opinions not using any actual science. I know it’s a lot to task and if it’s too much I understand and I apologize. I’m just at the end of my rope here and I honestly don’t know what else to do. This is literally on my mind 24/7 and I don’t want to become suicidal because I can’t do that to my family. So if anyone here, anyone at all can possibly provide something scientific/mathematic to show that all these worries are bunk I’d really appreciate it.

• Kent Clizbe says:

McKenzie,

Well, you’ve come to the right place!

Tony’s site here, realclimatescience, has been providing reality-based evidence-based refutations and debunking of Chicken-Little-the-sky-is-falling climate fraud for many years.

Begin with the library of topics Tony provides at the top of the page. He’s compiled facts, data, and analysis on each of those topics. Just reading those will provide you with a great foundation for debunking the alarmists.

Then read his daily posts. He does an excellent service of providing historical records to refute the panic-mongers’ constant cries of “worst ever heat/cold/drought/flood/etc/etc”. There have always been heat waves, blizzards, droughts, floods, and every other natural weather occurrence imaginable. As you read each of Tony’s posts, which are usually in response to some current claim, detailing how much worse it was in the past, you should find the worry and concern floating away as reality sets in.

Think positive! Your kid will have an excellent, pleasant world to live in!

• Michael Spencer says:

I endorse Kent Clizbe’s comment 100%. Just check through Tony Heller’s excellent cross-referenced data.

I’ve been compiling interactive material for several decades now, so perhaps you might risk looking at an ‘introduction to an introduction’ that I’ve assembled to introduce people to the technology that will ‘fix’ the [non-]problem of ‘carbon [sic] emissions’ that so-terrifies many people who, like you it would seem, are being confused by ‘fairy stories’ about the weather that people read/see/hear via much of the Media.

Should you risk it, start with this link: http://www.galileomovement.com.au/media/SaveThePlanet.pdf. (Wait a minute! Wasn’t Galileo some nut case who was ‘off with the fairies’ according to ‘the experts’ of his day? Hmmm…. I wonder how that turned out?) WARNING! I’m Australian, so you might find some spelling that’s different!

But don’t be too surprised when you find quite a lot of Tony Heller’s excellent material linked in here and there …..

• Walt Lafford says:

I downloaded your file but was warned by Norton that the file contained a security risk so I did not open the PDF. Could you please check your file.

• D. Boss says:

Mckenzie:

Well you should not be worried about “climate change” as defined by the media etc. However you should be worried about the underlying agenda of the Cult of Climate. It is not based on science, but rather it is a distraction and reason to convert the world’s value system to something very bad, nay outright evil. The stated goal of the radical greens is to decimate the human population and usher in a communist or socialist utopia.

Towards that end they are using the global warming scare to destroy modern civilization. Without cheap reliable energy, billions of people will die and that is what they want. CO2 is the essence of life and everything you have ever eaten, and every life form there is, came from atmospheric CO2. So to believe CO2 is poison and bad, is to believe life needs to be reduced, eradicated or eliminated – which is either insane or pure evil.

See here for insight into the motivations and actions of radical greens:

Radical greens have killed more people than all the dictators of the past 120 years combined. And in section 8 of the above essay are quotations from prominent leaders of this movement. Their statements are telling as to their real motivations.

I’m sorry, but your tendency towards irrational fear must be overcome – but being wary of what is really behind all the “useful idiots” promoting climate change is more important and relevant than worrying about a few tenths of a degree of natural warming over the next 60 years.

Finally, as others have said explore Tony’s many links and tools to check out the real data yourself. And for a more hopeful note on CO2 and the warming nonsense, watch this lecture by one of the founders of Greenpeace, who left the organization after they became radical, non scientific and marxist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Z5FdwWw_c&t=1682s (2015 Annual GWPF Lecture – Patrick Moore – Should We Celebrate Carbon Dioxide?)

Patrick Moore points out that without CO2 at above 150 ppm, all plant life dies! And that it is the essence of life, and that we are in fact saving the planet by pumping more back into the atmosphere! His scientific paper has not been challenged….

7. Mckenzie says:

I’m trying to post a comment, it’s a rather long one but it doesn’t seem to be working, is there a limit on how long a comment can be?

8. Mckenzie says:

Sorry for dual comment, thought it wasn’t going through

9. Bob G says:

So lake Mead is down… No doubt because they draw too much water from it to feed the arid West. Have a look at Northern Minnesota rainy lake Minnesota 220,000 acres record high water level. Rainy lake flows into lake of the woods which is shared with Canada and is over a million acres and the water level there is two or three feet above average. Hello just cuz it’s not raining where you are doesn’t mean it’s not raining where I am. Wherever the jet stream is that’s where it’s raining and the jet stream does tend to move around a bit

10. Robert L Gipson says:

This video report of recent severe flooding in Switzerland contradicts itself in the space of ten seconds. It relates that floods of this severity occur periodically in history, then turns around and blames it on “climate change.”

11. Joao Martins says:

Paul Krugman vs. Irving Berlin

In 1933 the New York elite-made heat waves were taken with a grain of salt. From the Wikipedia:
    ” “As Thousands Cheer” is a revue with a book by Moss Hart and music and lyrics by Irving Berlin, first performed in 1933. The revue contained satirical sketches and witty or poignant musical numbers, several of which became standards, including “Heat Wave”, “Easter Parade” and “Harlem on my Mind”. The sketches were loosely based on the news and the lives and affairs of the rich and famous, and other people of the day, such as Joan Crawford, John D. Rockefeller, Jr., Noel Coward, Josephine Baker, and Aimee Semple McPherson. ”

Irving Berlin – Heat Wave Lyrics

We’re having a heat wave,
    A tropical heat wave,
    The temperature’s rising,
    It isn’t surprising,
    She certainly can can-can.

She started a heat wave
    By letting her seat wave
    In such a way that
    The customers say that
    She certainly can can-can.

Gee, her anatomy
    Makes the mercury
    Jump to ninety-three.

We’re having a heat wave,
    A tropical heat wave,
    The way that she moves
    That thermometer proves
    That she certainly can can-can.

12. Mckenzie says:

Hi, I appreciate the replies and the links, gives me more to look into and think about. However I still wanted to ask if it was possible for someone to directly address the claims made by Jem Bendell and his ‘Deep Adaptation’, Extinction Rebellion, Sam Carana from Arctic News and Guy Mcpherson possibly directly debunking what they all say. I know it may sound ridiculous but it’s what really causes very bad anxiety. Also looking to find an explaination why San Antonio, TX just had their hottest June on record and why the highs still continue to be in the triple digits every signle day that has nothing to do with global warming. It’s just unusually hot for us and I can’t stop worrying about all of this and am desperately looking for help.

• arn says:

You should be avoiding MSM and any sort of climate related informations,no matter from which side,to cool down.
      (a first step for cooling down may be ” in the search for the coming ice age” documetary from 1979 narrated by Leonard Nimoy :)
      If you don’t feed your demons they will starve and eventually disappear.

• docN says:

As a former scientist, the climate scientists have abandoned the scientific method. We would propose a hypothesis and an experiment or two to confirm. Then the real work began. We spent the bulk of our time designing experiments to Disprove our hypothesis. One reason was because other labs would be doing the same thing and we didn’t want to publish an incorrect hypothesis. They have abandoned that method.
      I have poured over much data and here are my conclusions FWIW
      1). While the average temperature has probably increased slightly, it is impossible to contribute all to CO2 and not urban heat island effect,clearing of green space and natural climate change. To quote the inner scientist, there are too many other variables that are changing to say CO2 is the culprit.
      2)China and India are not going to cut emissions and there probably is 97% consensus that without them aggressively cutting emissions that CO2 will continue to climb and whatever effect we must deal with.
      3)Human beings will solve any problem that is thrown our way. We are an amazing and resilient species. If the water rises we will migrate inland. ( I think we can outrun a 3 mm a year rise). If the temperature rises 2 degrees I may move 100 miles north to compensate.
      4). There is not going to be a climate catastrophe. Certainly no evidence. The earth has been much hotter and life flourished. Nothing stays the same including our climate.
      5). Love your daughter and your life. Both will change over the years but you will survive and thrive.