NOAA’s Complete Fake Climate Extremes Index

“Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one’s mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.”

• George Orwell  1984

The EPA has this graph on their website, showing that the worst US heatwaves (by far) occurred during the 1930’s.

Climate Change Indicators: High and Low Temperatures | Climate Change Indicators in the United States | US EPA

But in classic Orwellian doublespeak, the EPA has another graph claiming the US experiences more unusually hot summer temperatures (the definition of heatwaves) than in the 1930’s.

The two claims are mutually exclusive, and trace back to NOAA’s Climate Extremes Index (CEI) which shows that summer maximum temperatures in 2012 were hotter than in 1936.

U.S. Climate Extremes Index (CEI): Graph | Extremes | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

If you have been following my blog, you know that this claim is 100% fraudulent. The 1930’s were much hotter than recent years, and the frequency of heatwaves has plummeted. Below I have compiled all possible tests of this metric, and every single one of them shows that the 1930’s were much hotter than any recent years – agreeing with the first EPA graph.

Heatwaves in the 1930’s were more intense, more widespread, and of longer duration. The NOAA Climate Extremes Index is completely fraudulent, and forms the basis of the George W. Bush Administration’s wildly fraudulent Climate Assessment.

sap3-3-final-all.pdf

The most likely explanation for this fake data is that they use tampered USHCN data which cools the past.

The smoking gun is that a number of the graphs I posted should not have been affected by any of the USHCN adjustments, like the one below.

This is just one more example of straight up climate fraud by the US government.

28 Responses to NOAA’s Complete Fake Climate Extremes Index

1. GW says:

How much longer before that embarrassing graph is “disappeared” ? It’s clearly an oversight by the climate fraudsters.

• Colorado Wellington says:

Oh, maybe never. They mastered a universal scientific method to make stubborn facts comply with the narrative:

“When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’

’The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’

’The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master — that’s all.”

2. gator69 says:

Why in the world would you expect “modern and enlightened” scientists to view data as unalterable, when they think Y and X chromosomes are interchangeable.

3. pmc47025 says:

Dirt simple average of 184 geographically spaced long running US stations (USC and USW, not adjusted, not cleaned, not homogenized) shows 1934 and 1936 had the hottest summers. Hansen picked the right year (1988) to lie to Congress.

4. Kris J says:

I checked La Jolla Cove yesterday, and STILL no sea level rise here, anyway. 10:21am, tide +3 ft

(kids are at camp, I obviously have too much time on my hands…)

• RAH says:

What would be interesting since this cove is frequently referenced here is if you could post pics at both low and high tide. Here is the chart for when they occur.

• Kris J says:

Okay I’ll get to that in my copious free time. Right now, low tide happens a bit early….

• RAH says:

Yep a little too dark right now. It wasn’t just a suggestion for you Kris J, it’s a thought about every pic being presented to represent SLR or the lack of it. Seems to me for such pics to be valid for comparisons they need to show both high and low tide versions or at least note what phase the tide was in when it was taken.

• RAH says:

BTW Kris J I lived near there for a few months before I enlisted in the Army. I could see Torrey Pines from my window. Wonderful climate as long as your close enough to the coast to get the sea breeze.

• Kris J says:

You lived in San Diego and you enlisted in the Army? Aaaaaach…..

• RAH says:

Yep! There are only two jobs that would have interested me in the Navy. SEALs and being on the crew of an Attack Sub. The Army guaranteed me at enlistment a predesignated slot on an SF A team in 10th SFG(A) if I made it through the assessment and training. The Navy couldn’t guarantee me anything like that. A bird in the hand you know.

• Kris J says:

I like your attitude. When I was in H.S. the military was a joke and absolute disgrace, with helicopters crashing for no reason in Middle East and commander in chief who wore a sweater with elbow patches. Had that been different I would definitely have been interested

• Kris J says:

Here is probably the most deadly warship in the World (Zumwalt) recently entering San Diego Harbor where it is now based.

This has a direct connection to this forum because the City of Imperial Beach, which is suing 39 Oil and Coal companies for causing extensive damages to its schools, sewage infrastructure, and city streets due to rising seas, sits on the exact same Harbor. Just up the same beach the U.S. Navy operates one of the largest Naval complexes in the World, spread over many many square miles and having an unbelievable level of complexity – and I don’t believe the Navy with its thousands of subcontractors are joining the lawsuit…

• RAH says:

To me the military, even when it gets stupid is never a joke. I enlisted at the end of the post Vietnam doldrums. Jimmy Carter was POTUS when in enlisted if that gives you and idea. Then when I was in AIT, Ronny Ray Gun was elected. His very first act was to raise military pay by 10% across the board for everyone but the higher ranking individuals. Then came higher physical and mental standards for the troops and the institution of a QMP (Qualitative Management Program) that got rid of the sick, lame, fat, lazy, drug addled, alcoholic, and the most stupid. By the end of my 4 year enlistment it was a different Army with esprit de corps and new modern equipment coming in all the time. And for Special Operations a new command structure that got us out from under dirty low down greasy leg officers that hated us and wanted to eliminate SF. It was an amazing transition to live through and see and it didn’t take that long. And the fact is that the military that fought Desert Storm/Sabre and that every president up to the last Bush had was the military the Reagan built. I have high hopes for what the current administration will do to mitigate if not reverse what Obama worked so hard to do to our military.

• RAH says:

Hell Kris, San Francisco with it’s long military history, spends more on it’s Gay pride parade than any parade that honors the military.

When the USS Iowa battleship was offered to the city San Francisco to dock there as a museum and memorial because of it’s long heritage as a major naval port it didn’t happen because a strong contingent in the city, including the city government, fought against it. So it’s down at LA. More sailors, soldiers and Marines departed from San Francisco for the Pacific Theater during WW II than any other western seaboard port. And when they returned the Golden Gate Bridge was considered the equivalent of the Statue of Liberty for the west coast. When the survivors of the Bataan Death March and nearly 4 years of brutal incarceration under the Japanese were rescued from the Cabanatuan camp and their ship passed under the Gold Gate bridge as they returned home, gifts rained down upon them including flowers, money, and tickets to shows in the town. How far that place called San Francisco has come from what it once was.

• CheshireRed says:

@ Kris J.

Sorry Kris I fear you’re mistaken. If you look properly you can clearly see the sea level is way above the rocky peninsula. In fact it’s nearly at tree level. It looks much worse than previously thought and I claim my $multi-million gov’t grant.

• Kris J says:

Actually I think you’re on to something, CheshireRed, because that’s looking South towards Imperial Beach, the city that’s suing 39 oil and coal companies.

• Anon says:

Kris J. – It is interesting that all of those people are calmly playing on the beach. But, I will wait until the official “adjusted” photo comes out to see what is really going on.

5. Brad says:

NOAA is just manipulating the data presentation. They use the highly unscientific metric of “unusually hot.” Hot weather was not unusual in the 1930s so the instance of “unusually hot” was lower, as evidenced by the first graph. Figures lie and liars figure.

6. Latitude says:

====
    Any one else notice that politicians lie through their teeth and think nothing of it…
    …yet can’t grasp it when they are being lied to

total disconnect

7. GW Smith says:

Great post, Tony. It’s amazing they are getting away with this.

• ЯΞ√ΩLUT↑☼N says:

So did the Nazi party. Goebbels knew the people are largely uneducated, complacent and easily manipulated:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

I believe quite strongly that he wasn’t lying when he wrote this, as the concept continues to be used by grabbermints daily.

8. Jopo says:

Hi Tony,

great supporter of your work

I would appreciate if you can confirm the data source. My ignorance here is it the raw US HCN or the high quality US HCN. being used I just need to clarify with some others as to what your work represents. I assumed it is raw.