The Steven Mosher Challenge

Top climate fraudster Steven Mosher claims that none of my graphs are reproducible. I have generated tens of thousands of graphs, so it should be a no-brainer for him to come up with a huge set of graphs which prove his point.

If he can’t do that, then his end of the challenge will be to stop committing climate fraud, deceiving the public, and lying about me. Are you up for it Steven?

I provide all of my source code, so anyone can reproduce my work. I have made graphing errors from time to time, but always correct them when I become aware of the issue.

Addendum : I’m going to make it easy for him. Here is one of my more popular graphs.

Source code is here.

Here are the instructions, which will work on Linux, Mac, or a Windows system with Cygwin. Download the link above, GHCN.tgz

tar xzvf GHCN.tgz
cd release
make
chmod 755 get
./get
cd ghcnd_hcn
./ghcn.exe US.txt threshf=90 > US_90F.csv

Here is the Excel file.  Everyone should be able to reproduce it, and demonstrate conclusively that Mosher is a fraud.

49 Responses to The Steven Mosher Challenge

1. Pathway says:

Many of your graphs come directly from government sources, so is Moshpit saying the government is wrong? He will never accept the challenge.

2. sunsettommy says:

When was the last time he showed up here to back up his claim?

Snicker……..

3. gator69 says:

I thought you would find Moshpup’s comment “interesting”. What is it about these loons that drives them to make such incredibly stupid and provably false statements? I would advise Moshpup to stick to what he knows, but I cannot figure out just what that is.

• Colorado Wellington says:

… stick to what he knows …

Judging by the quality of his comments over the years I would not list his mastery of the English language.

Others pointed it out before. Maybe he just doesn’t care.

• sunsettommy says:

It is typical TWO feet in his mouth comment.

Last fall this dude tried to convince us that <1,000,000 million square kilometers,means no sea ice, He was trying to support error prone Wadhams statements.

He used to be a skeptics back in the 1990's,when he had a website where he was Mash Mosher there,but now he is another dried up loon drifting around.

• Stephen Richards says:

He was an English teacher I believe but tagged onto Zeke (cut your penis)howsyerfather and BEST. Better salary than teaching English I guess.

• Jason Calley says:

I expect Mosher’s next comment to be “My Mommy is the prettiest Mommy in the world, and my Daddy is the strongest!!”

• Colorado Wellington says:

And Mosher’s big brother will beat up everyone who said mean things about BEST and hurt his feelings.

4. Andy DC says:

If attacking the message doesn’t work, attack the messenger. Oldest and most transparent trick in the alarmists’ playbook.

5. rmolinaro says:

Tony. Do you have a link or page describing the technology you use to create your charts and reports. Thanks.

6. I´m happy that you picked up on his comment.

Mosher has been a wandering mess of cryptical and unsubstantiated comments:
    “It pretty EFFIN simple
    I post cryptically when I am in traffic or have two seconds to spare.
    I post expansively when I am waiting for my code to compile.”
    – Steven Mosher

He seems to be in traffic a lot.

• AndyG55 says:

Or his “code” is so simplistic it only takes 2 seconds to compile.

Mind you, an i7 can compile large amounts of code very quickly.

Maybe he should upgrade from his intel 286 !

• arn says:

Seems this guy was born in traffic,still living there and never compiled a code :)

7. R. Shearer says:

From what I gather, Mr. Mosher majored in English in college. His command, or at least usage of English as evidenced by what he wrote, shows poor skill. Nevertheless, whatever formal training he had in science (probably some course for non-science majors) failed in imparting the basics of the scientific method, which is based on hypothesis testing.

His statement about Mr. Heller is incredibly ludicrous and absurd. Just one example of Heller’s graphs being reproducible would disprove Mr. Mosher’s unintelligent comment. But alas, Tony Heller is probably correct greater than 97% of the time.

Mr. Mosher’s command of the scientific method is likely certainly worse than his command of the English language, which we have already seen to be sloppy at best.

• gator69 says:

He has BA’s in English Literature, and philosophy.

• Stewart Pid says:

I really love the uni’s that call their BA’s Fine Art degrees which I call F Art degrees which sums up the degrees value! Not really true but what really bugs me are the BA folks that forget that they didn’t / couldn’t get a degree in science or engineering because all that science and math was too hard & yet they know it all about GLO-BULL warming and climate change.

• Gator69 says:

But, but, but…. philosophy! It’s soooo deep, and explains everything, you just wouldn’t understand. Logic and math are no match for ethereal theory.

• Colorado Wellington says:

True, if it’s the right teaching.

First. Put daring in command of everything.

Second. Boldly arouse the masses and unfold mass movements in every aspect of our work.

Third. Put emphasis on self-reliance and positive subjective efforts.

Fourth. The correct line is our Party’s basic line; continuously carry out education within our ranks to deepen our grasp of it.

Fifth. The key lies in the Party Committee.

Sixth. Build stable revolutionary base areas in the working-class communities.

Seventh. Direct links should be constantly maintained between the leadership and the masses.

Workers’ Institute of Marxism-Leninism-Mao Zedong Thought
            Seven Important Lessons, 1977

• menicholas says:

That whole crowd is painted so far into a corner I would feel sorry for them if they resembled human beings.
      Or even if they displayed a single molecule of humility every once in a while.
      As it is, well…
      Malfeasance is a crime, and I will not be sad the day the indictments start be handed down.

8. John anthony says:

He is obviously trying to get a job on the Blue team!

9. Latitude says:

I don’t get Mosh at all…
    He used to be more careful what he posted.
    He knows the audience he’s playing to…and yet, posts things that he has to know he’s going to get caught on before the pen hits the floor

10. AndyG55 says:

Mosher is a nothing but a yappy mouthpiece for a group that gets its funding exclusively from socialist globalists. Their major contributor is a guy called
    “anonymous”, I wonder if that is Soros.

Paid to fake to temperature record, and Mosh is part of it.

He has zero real science training, and it shows in his every comment.

• menicholas says:

Maybe the funding is from that guy named Steyer?
      Huge political donor, makes everyone he gives money to promise to stick to the CAGW crusade.

11. MG says:

What the “Mcintyre Test”?

12. Ross says:

Well Tony , if Mosher has sunk to this level, you must be winning big time. Congratulations !!

• Rah says:

Exactly! The more effective Tony and his blog become, the more the mouth pieces on the other side will attack and try to discredit him. Moshers claim holds no water since he cannot show errors or mistakes in either the code or data used.

13. menicholas says:

It is not just Mosher. Nick Stokes, and whichever ones of that rotating pack of trolls say the same sort of lame crap, but then offer zero in the way of actual refutation.
    Two nights ago I posted a comment from R.G Brown of Duke, from the article he and Werner Brozek did on your chart that plots the adjustments vs CO2 a few years back.
    Stokes and some guy named Martin Clark made some sputtering noises but could not even say what they thought the problem with the chart or the analysis was.
    I directly challenged them to explain their objections, and neither had a single word to say. I think Stokes stopped commenting at that point and went away.

14. Eric Barnes says:

Thanks for shedding light on the scam Tony. Typing garbage commentary must be more than a bit difficult for Mosher. I hope he finds a new career where he can at least be honest with himself.

• menicholas says:

You think he knows full well he is spouting nonsense, rather than his being a true believer?
      In any case, I never saw a single hint to indicate that he is troubled by his position, let alone any indications of inner turmoil.
      Do you know him personally?

• Eric Barnes says:

He’s a sharp guy, you have to give him that. I don’t believe you can spend as much time with the data as he and others have and not know the true story. They’re pushing the narrative, plain and simple.

IMO, the “True Believers” see AGW as a means to an end, or are idiots. Mosher is not the latter.

• tonyheller says:

I don’t see any indication to back your assertion.

• Eric Barnes says:

I wouldn’t expect to. He’s touting the company line and will not bite the hand that feeds him. Unless you’re referring to his intelligence. Hard to argue that he’s not brighter than the average bear.

• AndyG55 says:

He’s certainly good at shonky salesman style BS.

I wouldn’t buy a used car from him, though.

15. kyle_fouro says:

Do you all have each other blocked on twitter?

16. AndyG55 says:

OT.. but still about the AGW scam

Did y’all know that on July 1 the USA got 0.4ºC warmer overnight….

… in RSS anyway. !!!

17. ossqss says:

I would not expect a response. I don’t think there’s a dispute with what you portray.

Mosh is an asset in this discussion overall, as he has been prior. He may just not know it yet.

He is busy mining and making money. Can’t blame him for that…..

18. John says:

If you’re on a Mac, open the application ‘Terminal’ in the Utilities folder.

For the second step, use this (make sure the “release” folder is on your Desktop and not in your Downloads folder):
    cd ~/Desktop/release

Just tested all instructions and worked like a charm. I’m on a fast MacBook Pro so be patient with each command. Downloading depends on your modem speed and server’s load.

• tonyheller says:

I use a Macbook Air for most of my calculations. It takes about 80 seconds to process the US temperature record.