Freezing Out Climate Junk Science

“Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled.”
– Michael Crichton

The “polar vortex” is forecast to freeze the Eastern US.

10-Day Temperature Outlook for the Conterminous U.S.

Climate scientists who had previously forecast the demise of cold and snow, now blame the cold and snow on “missing Arctic ice.”

Only problem is, there isn’t any missing Arctic ice.

Charctic Interactive Sea Ice Graph | Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis

N_daily_extent.png (420×500)

Climate scientists used to blame all bad weather on global cooling, but now they blame the exact same things on global warming. Because “climate science” has nothing to do with science.

10 Jun 1974, Page 17 – Tucson Daily Citizen at Newspapers.com

24 Aug 1974, Page 16 – Kingsport Times-News at Newspapers.com

14 Responses to Freezing Out Climate Junk Science

1. Klaus Berger says:

Love your blog, Tony! Always so well documented. I read it every morning here in DK. But how can you put it up this early? Are you up all night?

2. gregole says:

“Untold thousands have died in Africa as the Sahara Desert has grown southward at a rate of several miles per year into what used to be grassland. A broad dry-weather belt has developed across Africa, the Mideast, India, and North China, bringing famine.”

That was then. Now: https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2015/09/16/the-greening-of-the-sahel/

I remember the global cooling scare quite well. Tony, reading your blog makes me feel young again! 1972 to 1975 I was active US Army in Europe and it was cold. Ice age immanent you know. That was then. Global cooling was sold as a crises. Now we have mild warming. That’s a crisis too according to the chicken-little, sky-is-falling phonies impersonating serious scientists.

3. John Edmondson says:

Tony you forgot this classic from David Viner in the Independent (UK newspaper) from March 2000

However, the warming is so far manifesting itself more in winters which are less cold than in much hotter summers. According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become “a very rare and exciting event”.
    “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he said.

4. Norilsk says:

What a flight to Inuvik, flying in a twin prop ATR-42. We landed and took off in Dawson City on a snow covered runway. When the plane lands, it shuts off, and it gets cold in a hurry. Everyone was bundled up. The stewardess was wearing coveralls and a touque. She said it’s the long johns that keep her warm. We couldn’t land in Old Crow because of fog, and that’s not because it’s warm. It was -20 C in Dawson City. Made it to Inuvik safely, where I met my daughter and family. It was a mild -16 C.

• gregole says:

Wow. Glad to hear you made a safe arrival. So much for global warming…I guess it hasn’t taken hold yet in your part of the world. Funny though, distant from you here in Southern Arizona, global warming is also strangely absent. Just typical weather; at this time of year mostly mild.

5. Joe says:

If anything, wouldn’t more Arctic sea ice cause more “polar vortex” trips to southern latitudes, rather than less sea ice? AGW scientists got it backwards

6. gator69 says:

A rainless desert? Who has ever heard of such a thing? Next will come wild claims of wet water and hot flames.

What I fear isn’t rainless, it’s brainless.

7. Nutation_discombobulation says:

LOL when I first saw the image of the Tucson Daily Citizen I thought I was looking at three police mugshots, especially when I read Charles Manson rather than Hanson.
    What an unlikely looking line up of ‘academics’? I could’ve sworn I was looking at a reported 80’s prison break attempt by Manson or the likes.

Maybe the anthropogenic CO2 global warming proponents are truly criminals as their mugshots tend to suggest?