Record Hot Arctic Air

Experts say the Arctic is record hot, and the ice is melting. But it mysteriously turns very cold when it comes south.

Shocking that Ryan Maue would advocate the use of coal, which overheats the atmosphere.

18 Responses to Record Hot Arctic Air

1. Marcel Fiechter says:

Hello Tony, on the NOAA-Database data/ghcn/daily i’m checking ghcn-stations for the virtual stations. You mentioned once they have the Flag ‘E’. Where I can find this Flag? Is it in the ID after the country-code? Somebody doesn’t beleave this so I would like to prove him.

• tonyheller says:

NOAA doesn’t alter daily temperature data. The tampering is done to the monthly data

USH00011084 1897 846EX3 1366EX3 1856EX3 1851EX3 2194EX3 2823EX3 2829EX3 2680EX3 2505EX3 2079EX3 1495E 1117E
      USH00011084 1898 1252E 1107E 1761E 1692E 2455E 2756E 2712E 2659E 2537E 1751E 1217E 915E
      USH00011084 1899 967E 869E 1607E 1874E 2560E 2736E 2764E 2782E 2411E 2020E 1521E 988E

• Steve Case says:

And they change a huge percentage of the data every month. Here’s a link to a discussion about that fact From Steve McIntyre:

Climate Audit on Changes to GISS Global Temperatures since 1880

• Marcel Fiechter says:

Great link. Thanks a lot. I spread it here in Switzerland. They are all afraid the glaciers disappear here in 1 year.

• Gator says:

I lived in Germany in the mid 1970’s, and back then everyone was worried that the alpine glaciers would destroy the quaint villages downstream. I remember having villagers show me vintage photos of their glaciers, to illustrate how far they had recently advanced.

• AndyG55 says:

Swiss glacier retreat and advance is linked solidly to the AMO.

• Marcel Fiechter says:

Wow super. You are doing a great job. I’m from Switzerland and I post often in Newspaper-Blogs here in my country exactly what you are telling. One against all. They think I am from an other star with all this informations and they all become desperate . I am your right hand for Switzerland.

• arn says:

I hoffe doch sehr dass Sie auch regelmässig die Zeitungsberichte u wissenschaftlichen Artikel aus den 70er Jahren erwähnen die vor einer kommenden Eiszeit warnen,die hier regelmässig zu finden sind-

dann werden die Leser schnell feststellen,dass sie nicht nur von diesem Planeten sind
          sondern auch das Klimawissenschaftler anscheinend nur aus dem Grunde existieren um den Menschen
          Angst einzujagen-ob mit Einszeit oder globale Erwärmung ist denen egal.
          Der rest darf nur den Mund halten und zahlen.

• Marcel Fiechter says:

I understand. But where can I find the monthly data? /ghcn/…?

2. RAH says:

Thankfully that hot Arctic air isn’t over the part of Canada I’m headed to. Looks like temps will hang around the freezing mark tonight and for the hours that I’ll be up there. Bolton is a little North of the Toronto metropolitan area.

3. Andy DC says:

They have it way too warm in the eastern third of the country.

• Tom Bakert says:

I agree. For the most part, it’s been in the low teens to low twenties here in upstate NY for the past five days or so.

• Lance says:

Hi Andy long time no talk!!,….out here in Alberta, we have enjoyed CAGW for the past few weeks…its been wonderful….we are about to get “weather” now….

4. kyle_fouro says:

Brilliant guy. Though I was disappointed when he caved under pressure for his global warming snow joke and apologized. Not a big deal but I wish skeptics would put up more of a fight

5. mpcraig says:

“The Arctic will never be frozen again” http://grist.org/article/let-it-go-the-arctic-will-never-be-frozen-again/

Now it’s the “New Arctic”. The wheels on the bus go round and round…

• AndyG55 says:

Only time the Arctic was “frozen” all year was during the Little Ice Age and the late 1970’s.

For the first 7000-8000 years of the Holocene, it was often close to summer ice free.

6. gregole says:

Just bought a pair of winter gloves and liners for my motorcycle ride (26 miles one-way) here in sunny southern Arizona. Later in the week, mornings are forecast for 35 degrees F. Going 80-85 mph that makes for some chilly fingers!

Oh. What happened to Mann-Made Global Warming? I thought Phoenix was supposed to be uninhabitable by now… CO2 you know. Superheating the atmosphere. It’s physics.

Something seems to have gone horribly wrong with the horrible predictions.