Russian Proverb

A peasant was out plowing his field, when he found a genie bottle. He rubbed it frantically until the genie appeared.

“I will grant you one wish” the genie said – “but you must know that your neighbor will receive twice what you receive”

The peasant hemmed and hawed. “I could ask for a million rubles, but then my neighbor would receive two million. I could ask for a beautiful wife, but then my neighbor would have two beautiful wives.”

Finally the peasant’s face lit up with a big smile, and he blurted out : “I have made up my mind!  Take out my left eye!”

11 Responses to Russian Proverb

1. Brad says:

Beat me half to death

2. Philip Verslues says:

Feinstein and the other liberal idiots are mostly mad that now their constituents in their home states now will have to pay the exorbitant tax bill the democrats have forced on them and not have lower tax states subsidies the bill. The law reforms income tax, while most of the lower half pay no income tax, how much of a break could they be given, after all 100% of nothing is still nothing. The economic growth will give millions the jobs they never could find before. The lower rate on repatriation on the trillions over seas will help keep the deficit in check as as the economy grows. The not Fair argument absolute garbage. If Democrats are now concerned about the deficit after adding 10 trillion under Obama they should get busy cutting spending and reforming entitlements that are already spending more than they take in.

• Squidly says:

I was just now watching Fox Business channel and they were complaining about how they will now have to pay more taxes because they can no longer write off their State taxes.

I was screaming at the television at how stupid they are. Until now, everyone else has been subsidizing taxes for people in States like New York. For if they can “write off” their State taxes, that means the rest of us are taking up the extra slack in federal taxes that they get to write off. Now they are all butthurt because you and I are no longer subsidizing them.

They can all go screw off !!! … Allowing them to write off their State taxes from their Federal taxes was discriminatory against everyone else and quite frankly, completely unconstitutional!

3. gator69 says:

My employer (a bank) announced this afternnon that our minimum wage for emlpoyees will be raised from $10 per hour, to $15 per hour starting January 1st. On top of that, all hourly employees will be receiving a $500 bonus on their next paycheck.

Yeah… greedy businesses will just pocket that money, only the rich will benefit. LOL

4. R2Dtoo says:

John: some examples of how this might be applied would help help those of us outside the US to understand. Sounds draconian, but I’m sure they have specific targets in mind and just need to establish pathways. Can they get guys like Soros with this?

5. Kris Johanson says:

The other side always makes ‘evil business’ the bogeyman. In truth, Corporate Taxes only bring in around $300-350 billion (from memory) out of a total budget of $4,000 billion. Personal Income Tax and Payroll Taxes paid by individuals bring in 10 times that much. Flow-through entities (S-Corps) pay through Personal Income Taxes, as well.

• Squidly says:

As I have explained and demonstrated to my wife. A business, any business, does not pay any taxes at all !!! … Having a “corporate tax” is nothing but a hidden tax on the consumer. That is why the political elites want a high corporate tax. A business always passes off all costs onto their customers. They have to! .. they could not make a profit otherwise. The higher the “corporate tax”, the higher the price for their goods and services. The consumer always pays the tax. A business never pays a tax.

We should not ever have a business tax at all. Further, we should not be taxing “income” either. Penalizing “income” is a suppressor for economic activity. If you are going to tax, you must do it on the other side of the equation. You should be taxed by your consumption, not for your creation.

• gator69 says:

Try running a business where you are not allowed to close locations that have a negative .75 ROI, or a business that is fined tens of millions for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

More proof that banks do not run our government.

• Philip Verslues says:

Amen, taxes are a cost the same as labor, utilities or materials, I would love to see a serious debate on the Fair tax.