Remembering Sandy Hook

I worked for a while in Sandy Hook, Connecticut and used to ride my bicycle past Sandy Hook Elementary School on my way to work from Danbury.

I was always incredulous about the official story after the shooting. This story was in the local newspaper two weeks later.

According to a reliable local law enforcement source, Adam Lanza attempted to destroy all his computer equipment to prevent any tracing of his Internet usage and his electronic correspondence. It is thought that “some or most” of the computer data will be retrieved from the damaged equipment.

Also, Lanza used a different rifle to kill his mother by firing four shots at her while she was in bed at home, according to the source. Adam Lanza left that rifle at Lanza residence.

There was never any evidence that Lanza was the person who did either of those things. Why would someone who was about to commit suicide worry about people “tracing his communications?” Even if he did do it, who was he communicating with, and why was that information never released?

The source confirmed that Lanza used a Bushmaster-brand military-style semiautomatic assault rifle to kill all victims at the school. Lanza also carried two pistols.

Initial reports from police were that he carried four handguns and no rifle. The story changed right before Diane Feinstein introduced her “assault rifle” ban.

A man with a gun who was spotted in the woods near the school on the day of the incident was an off-duty tactical squad police officer from another town, according to the source.

There was no reason for an armed SWAT team member from another town to be in the woods adjacent to the school, and why didn’t he intervene?

The Newtown Bee

CNN filmed the police running into the wrong school.

ScreenHunter_157 Jan. 22 10.03

Sandy Hook Story Gets More Bizarre | Real Science

Citizens realized the government wasn’t going to take care of them, and exercised their second Amendment rights.

Request for gun permits in Newtown set to double last year’s numbers: police

And the surge appears to be fueled by worried residents like 66-year-old Nancy Ellis, a soon-to-be gun-toting grandma who claims Connecticut’s draconian new gun control laws are infringing on her constitutional rights.

“The fact that they were reeling in and squeezing more laws made me think, ‘You know what? I want my gun permit,’ ” said Ellis. “I want to exercise my right.”

Request for gun permits in Newtown set to double last year’s numbers: police  – NY Daily News

There were many other things wrong with the official Sandy Hook story, and Obama never did anything to improve school security after the shooting.

65 Responses to Remembering Sandy Hook

1. Gamecock says:

Government fails to protect people in their charge. Therefore, you must be punished, and banned from protecting yourself.

“If we aren’t going to protect the kids, you can’t protect yourself, either.”

2. Gamecock says:

‘Why would someone who was about to commit suicide worry about people “tracing his communications?”’

You can’t demand rational behavior from a mass murderer.

• Louis Hooffstetter says:

When I learned that a co-worker’s father retired from the NYPD after more than 25 years of service, I congratulated him on his father’s bravery and ability to survive such a dangerous career. He scoffed and said that his father was no braver than any normal person. He then told me that his father often said that the job of the police wasn’t to protect citizens. Instead, the job of the police was to simply clean up the mess and fill out the paperwork after crimes had been committed.

My opinion of his father and police officers like him diminished significantly.

• Colorado Wellington says:

That is true for some police jobs. Murder scene investigators, for example, may see gruesome things that are hard to forget when they go back home to their families but they are not in much danger when on the job.

But think of troopers doing routine stops for traffic violations. Every time you park your cruiser with flashing lights behind a pulled-over vehicle and walk up to the side window you must be prepared for the possibility that the driver is a fugitive who doesn’t want to be arrested and is willing to kill to get away. There are other jobs that involve similar dangers but most of us go about the routine of our daily assignments without such worries.

The same can be said about cops on the beat, let’s say officers responding to domestic disturbance calls. Do you think it takes courage to walk up to a house or an apartment where an enraged resident has been reported to cause trouble? You don’t know if it’s just someone who had too much to drink without eating enough and will sober up when he sees the uniform or a violent felon who hates cops and has an axe to grind.

• Robertv says:

It needs courage to be a truck driver. Disaster can hit any second while keeping the country alive.
        Two or three days without truck drivers and in the cities people start slaughtering each other for the last bit of food they can find.
        Meanwhile all those who depend on you try to make live for you as hard as possible, even government.

• Gamecock says:

My observation is that the bigger the city, the less noble are the police.

I know some county deputies, and they are super people. I have heard cops in the big city near me say that their job is to fill out paperwork. Mostly tickets and such, not managing crime scenes. Few big city cops are ever involved with serious crimes.

In the big city, the sportsman with a pistol is going to be far more proficient than the policeman, yet the public thinks it’s okay for cops to have guns. The public’s perception of police and guns is wrong.

The county deputies I know are gun sportsmen, as well as cops. I believe they are fully capable of protecting me . . . once they get here.

• --B-- says:

It is much worse than that. Modern policing, that is what came into being in the 19th century, is about keeping the social classes in their place, economic enforcement, enforcement of various parental laws, and collecting revenue for government. That’s what it is designed to do. Protecting people was never part of its charter and furthermore the courts have ruled repeatedly that police have no duty to protect ordinary people.

3. Robertv says:

Since 9/11 I never trust ( don’t believe) the official story.

• gator69, says:

Sorry to hear that, truthers are the biggest bunch of liars we have ever seen, and make alarmists look like saints.

• Robertv says:

Yep, climate change is because of man made CO2. Government financed science tells us so.

• Colorado Wellington says:

Featured photo: South Pole sees first sunrise in 6 months with arrival of spring

September 27, 2017

The fall equinox signals the coming of winter for the Northern Hemisphere, but heralds the arrival of spring — and the first sunrise since March — for researchers at NOAA’s South Pole Atmospheric Baseline Observatory.

For NOAA Corps Officer Gavin Chensue (photographer) and NOAA scientist Dave Riebel, it means that their winter in the most inhospitable place on Earth is coming to an end, and they are getting ready to go home later this fall, now that they can get a flight out. The two will be replaced by NOAA’s first all-women South Pole research team.

No it didn’t see it. And these people were not there. They faked it in the studio. It’s the government. NOAA. And the guy’s name is Gavin!

• gator69, says:

Just like the fake moon landings… the government always lies.

• arn says:

Well-in one way the truthers are far ahead
            of the climate deniers as the truthers already
            have thousands!! of scientists rejecting the official 911 Story-
            The Archeticts&Engineers.

And even the birthers have prominent support:I watched yesterday an interview with Judge Joe Brown talking about Barry Soetero.

• Robertv says:

In those days it was much easier to go to the moon. CO2 in the atmosphere was much lower. And all that new technology doesn’t help either.

• gator69, says:

… the truthers already
            have thousands!! of scientists rejecting the official 911 Story-
            The Archeticts&Engineers.

You forgot the sarc tag arn.

• Squidly says:

@Gator –

truthers are the biggest bunch of liars we have ever seen

I don’t know that I would call them “liars” as much as “delusional”. I have yet to have any “truther” adequately explain how such a thing could have been pulled off. Squaring the circles of their “conspiracy theory” is impossible. Far too many facts that refute them. Physics refutes them. And there is no way one could involve hundreds, if not thousands of people required to pull off such a stunt without a leak, not to mention the odds that at least one of those people would spoil the plot when they were unwilling to kill thousands of people.

Truthers are simply pathetic individuals incapable of logical and rational thought. I used to work with one. I just laughed at him.

• gator69, says:

I have seen them alter and edit evidence in manners that are proof positive that they are lying. The delusional ones are those that take that fake evidence, and run with it. Both are disgusting.

• Squidly says:

Agreed, but still, in terms of 9/11 .. come on .. I was there .. implying that this was some sort of coordinated “stunt” by our government, or other some such nonsense is beyond the twilight zone.

• TimA says:

One guy told me that prior to 9/11 painters showed up and painted all the interior walls of the WTC with a highly flammable paint and he believed it….

• Sharpshooter says:

“people required to pull off such a stunt without a leak, ”

The DC crowd that can NEVER keep their mouth shut…

• --B-- says:

The difficulty is the “ancient aliens leap” that people make. They find a lie and then jump to that proving something is entirely fake.

Government lies about everything but that doesn’t mean things didn’t happen. The media puts a production value to everything to shape public opinion but that doesn’t mean there isn’t an underlying event.

In other words it is lies mixed with truth. Too many people think in binary, that something is all lies or all truth. It’s a mix.

Additionally the ruling class doesn’t often directly make events. They create conditions by which events they can use happen.

• Charles Higley says:

You trust the government? Wow. The school was closed and they sent swat to a different address. No one ever saw a body, a drop of blood, a shell casing, or a bullet hole in anything. The triage teams had nothing to do, no one tried to save anyone, and the “bodies” were removed in the dark of night and parents viewed the dead over a TV circuit. How come no one every had any direct contact with any thing in this event? Even the coroner, who claimed to be a ballistics expert, could not say what caliber the bullets were. For the complete lack of evidence, the only conclusion is that this was a non-event, particularly consider ing the massive facelift the town benefitted from in the two years before this event. The fish smell here is overbearing.
        The icing on the cake is that Lanza and the Aurora shooter were both sons of bankers involved in an international case and both were on psychoactive drugs. Now it really stinks.

4. R. Shearer says:

Stick to the script; CNN demands it. The question becomes how much of these stories is driven by their incompetence and how much is driven by their desire to create the narrative?

• Stewart Pid says:

Indeed RS …. years ago I got into a fight with a Bloomberg reporter over his & Bloombergs behaviour in wanting to make (ie make up) the news vs report the factual news. At least they would talk to u back then even if the discussion wasn’t always rational. Now Bloomberg has no comments and no reporters or managers will answer an email …. it might upset the Orwellian narrative to allow feedback & truth to counter their message and brainwashing.

• czechlist says:

After their retirements
      Walter Cronkite was asked what he missed the most
      Setting the agenda
      Peter Jennings said he reported what “I” thought the people needed to know.

Many of the kids at the CNN “Town Hall” were obviously reading from phones or some media off camera and, IMO – judging from the wording and syntax-
      written by someone older with an agenda. I don’t believe the lad who told Rubio that looking at him was like staring down the barrel of an AR15
      came up with that line.

• garyh845 says:

About Walter. NYT’s 2012:

He was very protective of his seat of power. This nicest-guy-in-the-world was more Darwinian than you could imagine when it came to being top dog.” Cronkite’s ruthlessness was never more in evidence than during the 1952 Chicago conventions. Competition for coverage was fierce, and Cronkite (with the approval of CBS) had the Republican credentials committee room bugged.

National media and Democrats would have fine with that – as long as they all got the dirt from the bugs.

I offer no defense for what Nixon and his folks did; however, I’d offer that if Obama’s (or any other Democrat Pres) boys were caught bugging the Republican’s campaign or party offices, that the only thing that the national media would want would be the information found out in the illegally acquired recordings. If there was any real dirt, then the only calls from the left would be to go after the Republicans – not the perpetrators behind the bugging.

Want proof? Remember when Democrat operatives (had been in a political strategy planning session in the Obama WH weeks prior) taped conversations among campaign officers in Sen Mitch McConnell’s office. Turned the tapes over to Mother Jones. Was the usual hard ball politics on it – and the national media only went after what they were up to (something about Ashley Judd running against McConnell, and that she’d had mental issues.

Status quo.

• Sharpshooter says:

Remember when some couple in Florida , just cruising down the highway just happened to tap into a phone conversation with Newt Gingrich and a bunch of Repub staffers?

5. Brad says:

The Vegas shooter apparently tried to delete all his material too. We are still left to wonder the motive. The autopsy said the bullet he used to kill himself never exited his skull, which I find dubious.

• Dave B says:

The FBI will keep Las Vagus files sealed for 50 years, much like the MLK files. It is too divisive to our society. A list gun type & order date; cross correlated with the news cycle, and anyone could jump to conclusions. We will never see this list or whatever else they found.

• John Silver says:

What makes you think the FBI is eternal and omnipotent?
        Wanna bet on how many years it have left? I say 1.5.

• --B-- says:

If the FBI becomes a different agency that agency will keep the records sealed or it will destroy them. The function of the FBI won’t go away even if the FBI does.

6. Steve Case says:

This showed up on FaceBook from one of my family members

Why I will never carry a gun in my classroom
    Chicago Tribune

• gator69, says:

If this student had shown up with a weapon determined to harm us, what would my responsibility have been? Talk? De-escalate? Beg? Run? It seems clear that under any policy that arms teachers, it would be my responsibility to shoot my student dead. This creates more problems than it solves. If I miss or fail to fire and he murders the other students, can their loved ones sue me? What if my shot ricochets and hurts or kills one of them? What if his gun turns out to be a walkie-talkie, a misidentification that happened outside my campus’ library last year, and I shoot my student dead for possession of an unusual electronic device?

I’m with her. ;-)

Keeping guns away from this idiot teacher unquestionably makes the world a safer place for everyone.

• Colorado Wellington says:

I second the motion.

Every single time a concealed carry issue came on the agenda in Colorado you could bet money that within a day some fake self-described “liberals” argued that shoppers will kill each other over grocery store parking spaces.

I live among these people but I don’t understand them. Who are they? How many violent “liberal” nuts chomping at the bit to kill someone do I meet regularly at Boulder’s grocery stores? What bloody phantasies do they harbor when they see me in the parking lot or at the checkout registers? Are these wretches so deep in some mental muck that it doesn’t occur to them they are projecting their vile impulses on the rest of us?

I don’t understand them but I respect what they keep repeating. They know themselves much better than I ever will. We are all safer if they never own and carry guns.

• Colorado Wellington says:

“I suppose I will join the ranks of people who keep their mouths shut at family gatherings.”

The “liberals” in my family know that I keep my mouth shut as long as they do. And they mostly keep theirs shut because they don’t like where the discussion will lead when they don’t. They have more fun agreeing with each other when I’m not around.

• gator69, says:

This past Christmas, one of my female cousins told everyone that politics was off the table for the holidays. That lasted about 15 minutes, and the rest of my visit we had great discussuons with only one party becoming emotional over anyof it.

How is it that we forget the absolute necessity of rationally discussing issues that we need to resolve? Coddling the kids has been a cultural catastrophe, so any extension of this societal coddling to adults will surely lead to the end of any truly civilized peoples.

• Colorado Wellington says:

You are right. That’s how it should be. I recognize the cynicism and dysfunction of my reaction to seeing an adult relative crying because of a fact I had brought up. I gave up on them.

• gator69, says:

Yeah, I left my one snowflake cousin alone too, no sense provoking family. She is very sweet and kind, but she gets all of her news from the usual suspects and leads with her emotions.

• Kris Johanson says:

best to follow st. paul’s dictum: do your best to live at peace with others, as long as it depends on you

this makes it almost impossible to attend family events during the trump era…

• Robert Austin says:

Not all teachers would need to be armed to deter would be mass murders. One would hope that among the school staff there would be a minority with the strength of will to train and become proficient with concealed weapons. And with such training and will, these would likely be more proficient at defense than your average law enforcement officer. So the feeble minded and pathetic such as this woman teacher never need concern herself that she might be called upon to exhibit courage and fortitude and defend her young charges.

• Sharpshooter says:

So…you’ not going to SHOOT you mouth off? :-)

7. KTM says:

There are already 9 states that either explicitly allow or do not explicitly prohibit concealed carry in classrooms.

According to FBI statistics, a citizen with a gun has engaged an active shooter 5 times. In all 5 cases the killing rampage immediately stopped. 1 shooter was wounded, 3 were killed, and 1 committed suicide.

It doesn’t seem like you need to be an expert marksman, these shooters seem to be cowards that aren’t looking to participate in a shootout. They want to attack helpless people.

• Kris Johanson says:

Agreed and agreed and agreed. Especially the ‘coward’ remark. They would flee the minute you discharged your weapon 4 or 5 times in a ‘neutral’ direction

• Phil. says:

Actually they don’t, that’s the point it’s ‘suicide by cop’. They generally expect to go down on the scene, and mostly do so, they wear enough body armor to last as long as possible. This one was unusual in that he actually left the scene.

8. Tim says:

I used to say, “When seconds count the police will be there in a few minutes.” Maybe in south Florida they won’t come at all.

I’ll paraphrase a line from the Person of Interest series that seems appropriate, In the end we die alone. No one is coming to save us.

• Colorado Wellington says:

Oh, they do come and they follow their tactical handbook.

When seconds count, the armed School Resource Officer assigned to the school takes up a defensive position outside the school and is later joined by other Broward County sheriff’s deputies who reinforce the department’s tactical defensive posture.

That was the situation found by Coral Springs police officers when they arrived and entered the building. It is to the credit of the Broward deputies that they had their pistols drawn as they were taking cover behind their vehicles.

• Sharpshooter says:

/excerpt

Remember Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut? “Newtown officers arrived at the school while the gunman was still shooting but did not enter the building for more than five minutes, according to a prosecutor’s report.” The state police conducted a comprehensive review of events that day, but “didn’t interview any Newtown police officers who were the first responders on the scene.” Newtown police didn’t do their own after-action report, either. What’s to review, right?

This list goes on and on. Up in Canada during the 1898 massacres at Ecole Polytechnique: “As officers stood outside in the snow, [the shooter] moved through the corridors looking for more women to kill.” Out west in Columbine, as in Orlando, the cops exchanged fire with the killers, then waited outside as 10 people were gunned down. The police waited outside. Listening.

Remember the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando?
        As the largest mass shooting [at that time] in modern U.S. history began to unfold, an off-duty police officer working at a gay nightclub exchanged gunfire with the suspect. But three hours passed before one of the nation’s most revered SWAT teams stormed the building and brought the attack that left 49 people and the gunman dead to an end.

/end

• Kris Johanson says:

I estimate 15-20 minutes for the cops to respond in So Calif
        Try calling the police sometime…

• John Silver says:

They have the Sonitrol alarm system and had for years:
      Cops love it:

9. Dan Crawford says:

Sandy Hook was an MCI drill. No one died. It was a hoax.

10. Kevin a says:

MORE MASS SHOOTINGS FROM THE FELLAS IN MEMPHIS AND KANSAS CITY.
    THE FLAHERTY TRUTH

11. Mark Fife says:

For some reason, liberals are fixated on the AR 15 or AR 15 style weapons. They invented the term assault weapon to use as a propaganda tool, mimicking the actually real term assault rifle. They spew misinformation and lies continuously. They have people convinced an AR 15 is this amazingly deadly weapon that can magically spew hundreds of bullets in a minute and the rounds are far more deadly than anything currently available to a civilian. They also have people convinced deadly violence using fire arms is rising to unheard of levels, being a veritable epidemic.

When the reality is much different. Violent and deadly crime is down nearly 50% from its peak in 1993. Rifles are only used in 3% or less of killings, falling behind fists and feet as weapons of choice. An AR 15 is just a semi auto rifle, no different from any semi auto hunting rifle. It is not a very powerful weapon.

The most popular weapon for mass shootings is the 9mm semi auto handgun. Deadly mass shootings have also been done with lever action rifles and pump action shot guns.

The Ft Hood shooter killed 13 people, firing 100 rounds in less than 7 minutes with a standard 9mm semi auto handgun. That is about 4 seconds per round. That is well within the firing rate of just about any modern firearm.

On average, school fatalities average about 10 a year. Fatalities from the simple process of transporting kids back and forth to school average about 100 a year.

The news media also ignores mass shootings or attempted mass shootings which do not further the narrative. Like the black refugee or immigrant who shot up that white church. Crickets.

There is a reason or reasons they do what they do. It is obviously an agenda. And as usual people on the right are far more informed than people on the left.

12. Taphonomic says:

An early school shooting was committed by a 16-year-old girl, Brenda Spencer. The Cleveland Elementary School shooting took place on January 29, 1979, at a public elementary school in San Diego, California. The principal and a custodian were killed; eight children and a police officer were injured.

She used a semi-automatic .22 caliber rifle with a scope.

The Boomtown Rats wrote the song “I don’t like Mondays” about this incident.

13. Kevin a says:

Parklands Teacher Describes Shooter She Saw and Thought was a Cop

Parkland student recalls 2 shooters!!