Hillary Says Democrats Can No Longer Be Civil

“You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for.”

Hillary Clinton  October 10, 2018

Two years after calling America a “Basket of Deplorables” – Hillary Clinton says Democrats can no longer be civil with the people in the red regions on this map.

This is what Hillary describes as “civility.”

20 Responses to Hillary Says Democrats Can No Longer Be Civil

1. David A says:

What does she stand for, when she can stand at all? ; corruption, power over others, murder?

• Disillusioned says:

Oh, Hillary can stand alright. She has the strength of two men. She was frequently seen helping them up and down the stairs during the last election.

• Anon says:

I just saw this headline:

Ex-Trump lawyer Michael Cohen switches to Democratic Party

If he had been a little smarter, he would have joined the Democratic Party first before he tried to hit the gravy train, then he would not have been prosecuted at all (like Tony Podesta / HRC).

2. Robertv says:

Remember how America changed by a ‘civil’ man. Change you can believe in. Yes he could.

So progressivism Civil or not Civil is both bad for a Civil society.

3. Rah says:

I say if they want war we give it to them and you can never win a war staying on defense. I’ll admit there are times I think it would be nice if there really was a button like on the “No Pressure” alarmist videos and I had it.

• Jason Calley says:

I am still hoping that it never comes to civil war. I have relatives on the other side… Still, if it comes to war, I am glad that I am on the reality based side.

• Rah says:

I have family on the other side also. And we’re pretty close compared to most families these days. I live within 20 miles of all three of my siblings and most nieces and nephews. However as a soldier I swore to defend the Constitution and still will against any force.

• Rah Rah Rah

Republicans must allow themselves
      to be seen as
      victims of leftist
      totalitarianism / violence
      BEFORE the election,
      to get sympathy,
      and more votes
      from women.

If Repubs fight back
      like real men NOW,
      they’ll be called “bullies”
      by the leftists media
      before the election,
      which many people
      will believe.

So Repubs. just have to wait
      a few more weeks,
      take names,
      and then the “pay backs”
      can come later,
      after the election.

Being seen as a “victim”
      is new for Republicans,
      and should be used
      to gain sympathy
      ( it’s a mirror image of the usual Dumbocrat claim
      that everyone except hetero. white males / Republicans
      is a “victim” of some sort, and all victims should
      vote for Dumbocrats)

4. MGJ says:

Perhaps the poor deluded woman dreams of being swept to power by a popular uprising, because she is so likeable and trustworthy and of course it was her turn.

Is she really still seen as politically relevant in the US? Or is it just a case of anybody anti-Trump is lauded by the Democrat owned media?

• Rah says:

Most in the media keep saying they just want the Clintons to just go away but they sure keep reporting their BS as if they’re relevant.

• Hillary Clinton is the best “friend”
      Republicans ever had.

I know many people, who like me,
      did not like Trump, but thought
      Shrillary was worse.

from Shrillary,
      like “the deplorables”,
      … and then Republicans
      will hold the house.

5. arn says:

Clinton is right.

It is wrong and impossible to stay civil wth a party that is about to destroy your country.
    That’s why demoncrats must be destroyed.

6. Louis J Hooffstetter says:

Hillary Clinton was civil?
    When was that?

7. GW Smith says:

Leftists reserve the right to change the definitions whenever they choose, because only they, the credentialed elite, understand things clearly.

8. AndyDC says:

They are the party of the “intelligensia”. How can you be civil to rubes and rednecks, when you are the self proclaimed “best and brightest”?

9. gregole says:

Since when were doctrinaire party partisans civil? Personally my take is that the party partisans are a minority even among the ranks of the democrats. Most old-line democrats have been left behind by the wacko progressive leftists now running the party. I think that most of the old-line democrats would support a Trump-style populism (if not Trump himself – they’d hate him because he’s rich).

My machinist Dad (may his soul rest in eternal peace) was a lifetime union member; and from our many dialogs it was clear he was pretty much a Fabian without knowing what that actually meant. He thought that everyone should do their best, but not everyone would be able to be “rich” but everyone should be taken care of by the state; which should take care of lots of the petty details of life. My father served with distinction in WWII. His father was a blacksmith from Denmark.

He, a lifelong democrat, would be shocked and disgusted by things like 87 different genders and the horrible lies and dishonesty of the current democratic party. He certainly would not ever, ever consider being uncivil.

My father was a gentleman through and through. He was also a citizen scientist and an amateur geologist. He would take me out in the California desert and try to teach me some geology. I was a horrible student, and I now regret my behavior in a way that words defy me.

He was a democrat. He would be disgusted by the democrats of today.

• Colorado Wellington says:

To our fathers, gregole.

• cdquarles says:

My grandparents were the same way. The way they lived their life clashed with what I knew about Democrats, since their founding ca 1820. I did my own research into them. They were, and are, the party of the “Natural Aristocracy”. They don’t care about rich, poor, black, white, whatever. They care about power.

The Democrats were the ones who dispossessed and displace tribes. The Democrats were the ones who dispossessed free blacks, slave owners or otherwise; to make them slaves. The Democrats founded the KKK after they lost their war, noting that both sides were aggressors and aggrieved. The Democrats gave us “separate but equal” and Jim Crow, after the “Progressives” took them over. Lest ye forget, the “n” word was not racial. It was a class pejorative. The Democrats had lynch mobs, which they have today, known as Antifa (the closest thing to real fascists today). They didn’t lynch black folk only. They lynched anyone they found ‘deplorable’, white, black, Catholic, Jewish, didn’t matter. Democrats will stop at nothing to have power. They are tyrants, petty and great. Democrats cannot be trusted with power. Sadly, there are a lot of Republicans that can’t be trusted with power, either.

• Colorado Wellington says:

True. There are too many among us who cannot be trusted with power. And we can’t tell beforehand. That’s where the genius of America’s Founding enters the stage.

Let’s give those who want to govern us as little power as possible and let’s keep the tools to strip them of their power if it doesn’t work out.

A “Progressive” wouldn’t understand. It’s an American thing.

10. Gamecock says:

The notion of civility is a modern myth.

“Brooks proceeded to strike Sumner over the head repeatedly with a gold-tipped cane. The cane shattered as Brooks rained blow after blow on the hapless Sumner, but Brooks could not be stopped. Only after being physically restrained by others did Brooks end the pummeling.” – U.S. Senate, 1856