End Of Summer

Cold air is starting to move in today, but yesterday was gorgeous.

10 Responses to End Of Summer

1. Lance says:

looking forward to retirement down there!

2. RAH says:

We here in the east get a little warm up and you in the west get to have the cold for a little while. Fair is fair. However those in the upper plains states get screwed because it looks like they don’t get much of the break at all.

I drove every single from Sunday until today (Thursday) and never got a day without some snow. The trip to Missouri you know about. My next one was up to Bolton, ON then from Romulus, MI to home after delivering in Indianapolis. Freezing rain greeted me this morning in Indianapolis. People driving like it wasn’t raining with temp below freezing. Crazy.

3. steve case says:

About an inch of the fluffy white stuff on the driveway this morning. First deployment of the the snow shovel this winter.

4. Robertv says:

Without winter we would have no summer.

5. Norilsk says:

This is one of the few places I can find sanity.

6. Disillusioned says:

Good stuff Tony! The hour before dusk is the golden hour.

7. RAH says:

I live in the country in Indiana among the corn, soybean fields, Angus cattle, and few of the equine race for a reason. Last night we had my 3 1/2 year old granddaughter for a couple hours. This is white tail deer country and a yearling and doe came in within 10 meters of my house to feed on seed that had fallen to the ground from my bird feeder. Then a minute later a magnificent 8 point buck followed them in. It was a first for my granddaughter and she thought she was seeing her first reindeer! No way we were going to correct her.

At home I love seeing the deer. On the road, not so much. Since there is no undergrowth around we don’t worry much about the ticks here. But there is a down side. During the winter when things get tough the deer come into the back field and chew the bark off the young maples and oaks planted back there. Between them and the rabbits they can kill some trees when we have a particularly tough winter.

8. John says:

Always read and like your stuff, Tony, and everyone’s comments. But being an Aussie, I can’t help wondering why you Americans don’t live in a warm area such as Key West which I visited this year.

• Gator says:

My father was a seventh generation Floridian, and passed at the home he built just minutes away from our ancestors’ original homestead. Dad was a career Air Force officer, and we lived all over the globe. I learned that I am not a fan of tropical weather, and I enjoy the Winter, so I opted to move north when I spread my wings. For me, Florida is just a little too crowded, and is too isolated from the rest of the country. Give me mountains and wide open spaces, you can keep the beaches and the crowds.