Third Coldest February 7th On Record In Boulder

Today’s maximum temperature of 11 degrees was 35 degrees below normal, third coldest February 7th on record, and coldest since 1933 in Boulder. And Democrats unveiled their New Green Deal today, promising to cut off our essential fuel supply.  Toto is not happy.

16 Responses to Third Coldest February 7th On Record In Boulder

1. Rah says:

How long did you guys stay out in the cold? My pooch does her business and heads for the door to go back in when it’s really cold

2. Rah says:

A skunk got into it with some other animal not far from my back door late last night. Not good.

3. Disillusioned says:

Tony,

Something is wrong with this site. Please check into it. The delays are agonizing.

4. R Shearer says:

It’s 1F outside now. Glad it’s not 0.

5. JST1 says:

Perfectly exposed image.
    Well done sir.

6. Eric Simpson says:

It was 33° in Pasadena CA 2 nights ago. It almost snowed. It hasn’t snowed here since 1948. https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-california-snow-20190207-story.html

LA 2 days ago:

7. Colorado Wellington says:

We have an inversion this morning in Boulder County. The left side of the map shows the mountains west of Boulder, reaching 9,000 ft, and the plains on the right at 5,000 ft.

8. Colorado Wellington says:

The Daily Camera will report that Boulder weather on February 7th was hot and cold.

The paper reported in the case of an intoxicated man who died while transported by sheriff’s deputies to a detox facility that he was cooperative but antagonistic and resisted getting into the van.

9. rah says:

Thursday morning at 05:30 left the yard with a trailer loaded with empty totes. Three stops. 1st Columbus, IN. 2nd Portland, TN, 3rd Athens, TN. At each stop they took off their empty totes and loaded in totes with parts in them.
    After the 3rd stop I drove up I-75 a short ways and took a break. High temp that day was 79 F. I went to sleep with the A/C on.

04:00 awake and cleaned up. It was raining and 49 F.
    Went into the truck stop to fill an empty thermos. Followed a very pretty girl in who was wearing a MAGA sweater. Kind of made the day start right. Filled a Thermos and bought a breakfast sandwich from the Wendy’s and a banana at the truck stop for breakfast.

06:00 on the road. 389 miles right up I-75 around Knoxville, TN and Lexington, KY. Through Cincinnati and Dayton, OH to Anna, OH where there is a Honda consolidation center where I would deliver. Temp at the TN KY state line 30 F. The further I drove north the colder and windier it got. Wisps of snow in Ohio.

Dropped the loaded trailer at the Honda facility and hooked to a trailer preloaded with empty totes. Until then everything had gone pretty well except for traffic and a back up south of Cincinnati due to a mobile road crew doing hot patches during high traffic hours.

During my pre-trip of the trailer I hooked to I found the passenger side tire on the outside of the front axle was blown. I mean really blown with a huge slit on the outside sidewall. The driver that had dropped that trailer had to have known it when he dropped it and the customer loaded it anyway. I called in and told dispatch what was going on and gave them the trailer number and they knew who the driver was that dropped that trailer in an unserviceable condition an did not call it in. He could have called it in after he dropped it and it could have been fixed and ready to go by the time I had to pull it. No excuse for that crap. They say he’ll get a talking to.

Called breakdown. 1 1/2 hours later a tire service arrived. Then the guy found that he didn’t have the key to his air compressor. Another 40 minutes and he was back but brought another guy to help him. Tires, get stiffer and harder to work with in the cold and it was 23 F with a 30 mph steady wind. So it took a little longer than usual to get the old tire off the rim but they stuck with it and got er done.

Dropped the trailer at the terminal. Fueled and gave the truck a good once over and replaced the rubber seals in the gladhands, parked it and plugged it in.

Home now. A big bowl of freshly snapped green beans with ham and potatoes that had been simmering all day, a fire in the fireplace, a Jack & Coke has set things right. I Love the road but there is no place like home.

• Disillusioned says:

Thank you.

• Colorado Wellington says:

I had a good day and you made it better, RAH.

• rah says:

You know I really can’t complain. Three weeks ago I asked the garage to put two new super singles on the rear axle of the tractor. The tread was down there at 3/32″ but still legal and they didn’t have to change them but last week when I came in I found t new rubber all the way around. Gives this driver a one less thing to worry about in winter conditions. It pays to give mechanics respect and help them out any way one can and for them to know that you respect the equipment and won’t cause them extra work.

• Colorado Wellington says:

I know, RAH. That’s the way I do things when I’m at my best. People want to be appreciated and respected. Showing to each other that we care brings the best out of all of us.