Opening Day

Yesterday was the official opening day at the Estes Park, Colorado Golf Course. Unfortunately, the man-made overheated atmosphere caused management to decide to shut down the course.

12 Responses to Opening Day

1. DM says:

Make the best of the situation. Wear snowshoes instead of golf shoes, and use orange (or blue:-) balls.

Estes Park captured my heart in the early 1960s. Just 1 hotel & 1 motel there then. A small commercial area, too. The rest of the valley was open range. A truly spectacular location that stood out in a breath taking–literally & figuratively–region.

2. Jdh says:

Grandson and I look forward to the wildlife photos. We see many of them over in the Lafayette and Louisville area. A bit early for shorts?

3. rah says:

Here in central Indiana it’s 38 F this morning with a forecast high of 50 F. Light steady rain with thunderstorms forecast for late this afternoon. Some trees and my Lilac bushes have budded. Most of the migrant birds that we see during the warmer months are back though I haven’t seen or heard the pair of mocking birds that usually nest in the back field yet. I have noticed that the transients like the red breasted gross beaks that stop on their way as they go further north have yet to show.

4. Gator says:

Pack a snow wedge.

5. rah says:

BTW Joe Bastardi’s Saturday Summary this week is outstanding.

6. MrZ says:

Hardy legs in that cold weather.

7. just a thought says:

Love the one of the geese. I can just hear her now, ”I told you it was too early to fly North, but noooo, you had a better idea.”

8. Gamecock says:

Glad you are back.

I am envious of your magpies out west. The American Crows we have here in the east aren’t nearly as attractive.

9. griff says:

Love that picture of magpie and deer… and may I say the one in previous set of sunlight on dark ice was one of the best photos I have ever seen.

Please, please do put this stuff in for some photo contests!!

10. rah says:

We have the honkers visiting our yard at times to graze. Our Cocker goes nuts when I have her out on a walk and those geese are about. I am tempted to let her loose off her lead to go get her butt kicked so she learns her lesson. Don’t screw with those Canadians!

11. rah says:

According to Joe Bastardi you have more snow on the way this week. Perhaps they should get snow tires for the golf carts.