The Overpopulation Crisis

11 Responses to The Overpopulation Crisis

1. Logic n reason says:

As a subscriber on YouTube for these videos, I have noticed recently that on this feed and other channels which question the climate alarmist agenda like The Heartland Institute, a link appears to a Wikipedia page about global warming. It is almost as though YouTube is saying ‘watch this by all means but you need to know the other side’. Has anyone else been getting these unsolicited links and how can I get rid of them.

• 12bytes says:

that’s interesting – i thought surely the notice you saw was universal, but i didn’t see it on the video page – or are you referring to the feed only?

certainly YT does display global notices for certain content though – look at any of the videos on RT’s channel for example and…

“RT is funded in whole or in part by the Russian government. Wikipedia”

to get rid of these “notices” (propaganda) you can use the following if you know how to inject CSS…

#clarify-box {
      display: none;
      }

another way is to use a YT proxy such as invideo.us

2. Archie says:

Talk about cherry picking! LOL

Tony lives in a massively over developed part of the state. Just because he shows some of the still “rural” areas doesn’t change the fact that the Front Range of Colorado is choked with people and is still growing like a cancer. Yeah, Climate Change is a hoax but let’s not be fooled that all is well with the world.

• Laurie says:

Well, f0r one thing he’s trying to save wildlife habitat, so I see no misdirection on his part. And I doubt any/many who take the time to visit the site with any frequency would argue that all is well, though there is so little anyone seems to agree on anymore.

I would submit that the problem is not the number, but rather the quality of human beings. So many want to judge but no one wants to be judged. So many want their own even as it denies the other. Well, the end never justifies the means, folks.

All I can say is be an example of the kind of person you wish others to be. It’s all temporary, anyway.

• Archie says:

I don’t doubt Tony’s heart is in the right place. However, the headline of this video coupled with it’s content led me to make my post.

Tony gives us perspective on the various debates by showing historical data and information. My small part of Colorado is also turning into a shit show due to too many people (and of low quality!). While that’s my opinion given my 30 years here, people who come for the first time think it’s paradise.

I agree with your point about the quality of the people being a problem, although numbers matter. We never had fecal coliform in our backcountry rivers until too many people showed up.

3. Emslander says:

I love this video. I love the message. What disruption of the human spirit permits the bland acceptance of another group of “scientists” who call on the quiet elimination of 11M of our species? To call it insane is an insult to anyone who truly has emotional difficulties.

Drive through the USA some day. You’ll find that an hour’s journey from the center of any of our megacities will get you into wilderness, sometimes dotted with farmsteads, but nearly as likely a forested landscape for as far as the eye can see in every direction. I live in a very typical town in the Midwest of about 50,000. Its population hasn’t grown significantly since the Civil War. Any town like us has the same history. Some have little booms back in the fifties, but they quickly passed. We could have grown by 150,000 or 200,000 people during that time and have smoothly handled the burden in schools, the infrastructure, the housing and general provisions. We would have been much better off.

I appreciate Tony for seeing what Climate Change propaganda really intends. Resist it like it was the black death.

4. Joel says:

I did the math for a Bible study group a couple of years back (2012), using whatever Wikipedia listed as the world’s population at the time. What I discovered is that the world’s population would fit into an area the size of Texas and its population density would be roughly that of New York City.

We’re not really very close to “overpopulation”…

• Gator says:

Seven billion isn’t such a space issue, Mo Rocca pointed out. If everyone in the world stood shoulder to shoulder, we could all fit within the city limits of Los Angeles.

Alarmists are not big picture people, they have no clue just how expansive our planet and atmosphere truly are. Small minds.

5. Gator says:

That sounds like Alison Krauss. I love her voice, and she is at her best with Union Station. I have a couple of their concerts on my DVR, and I get lost listen to them.