The Official And Authoritative Obama Texas Drought

Two years ago, the White House and NPR authoritatively announced the official Texas permanent drought

“the most comprehensive, authoritative, transparent scientific report on U.S. climate change impacts ever generated.”

2016-06-03 06 03 01

More Drought, Heat and Water Wars: What Climate Change Already Means for Texas

Since their permanent drought report came out in May, 2014, Texas has had their second wettest two year period on record.  Texas has been getting wetter progressively since 1895.

2016-06-03 06 11 05

Climate at a Glance | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

The same report also said that hot weather in Texas was going to become much more common.

2016-06-03 05 57 05

Great Plains | National Climate Assessment

Every indicator shows the exact opposite. Hot weather in Texas has been becoming less common and less severe over the past 85 years. CROSBYTON_TX_HottestDailyMaximumTemperature_Jun_Aug_1930_2015 CROSBYTON_TX_AverageMaximumTemperature_Jun_Aug_1930_2015 CROSBYTON_TX_#DaysAboveMaximumTemperatureThreshold95F_Jan_Dec_1930_2015 CROSBYTON_TX_#DaysAboveMaximumTemperatureThreshold100F_Jan_Dec_1930_2015

The White House can’t convince people of their wildly fraudulent energy agenda, so they are attempting to criminalize dissent instead.

2016-06-03 06 17 48

28 Responses to The Official And Authoritative Obama Texas Drought

1. Drcrinum says:

I reside in Fort Bend County, Texas. We currently are experiencing historic flooding. Over 70 roads in my county are currently closed due to high waters. More rain anticipated for at least a week according to WeatherBell, and now hurricane season has started. Should a tropical system hit Texas this month, it could spell doomsday.

• tonyheller says:

I lived in Richmond right next to the Brazos River during the last big flood in the early 1990’s

• Doug says:

I’m a bit east of you. About 75″ of droughtflood in the last year. We’re lucky to have had only around 10″ in the last month; many areas north of here have had 20″+. Yes, a tropical storm now would be devastating. Hayhoe, Dressler, et. al. can bite my ass.

• Lance says:

have the floods been adjusted yet by NOAA? In several years, it will be registered as a drought !! :) /sarc….

2. Steve Case says:

Last weekend, I drove through the Texas panhandle, stayed in Amarillo overnight. There was a pretty good gullywasher that evening. The Cadillac Ranch
    that we stopped to see Monday morning was sitting in a big puddle.

Does that prove anything? Doesn’t prove drought, that’s for sure. By the way, nice rain in Santa Fe, NM Wednesday. The locals were happy about that.

3. oldbrew says:

Looks the California bill aimed at climate scepticism has croaked.

4. geran says:

The Brazos River, even with several huge reservoirs, is out of its banks–WAY out! One possible solution is MORE reservoirs. Back before the U.S. became “P-C”, Perverted and Corrupted, engineering solved many flood/drought issues. No longer. Now our only “engineering” concerns are who goes to which bathroom.

5. pinroot says:

I can’t find it right now, but recently on twitter, McKibben or one of his clones, referred to the ‘Permanent floods’ in Texas. These people can go from one extreme to the other and no one ever questions it.

6. Andy DC says:

Before straight, white men with evil, mechanized plows took over, Texas had an ideal, optimum climate. It was never too hot, too cold, too wet or too dry. Heaven on earth (right!).

7. SteveO says:

According to waterdatafortexas.org, we currently have the fifth highest stored reservoir amount in Texas history, with all five peaks occurring since 2003.

8. Don says:

Just fitting that it has not stopped raining since this paper on drought came out. Scientific reporting and publishing is crap these days.

9. Myron Mesecke says:

While there has been a lot of rain to deal with lately that isn’t the only factor. This amount of rain even just 25 years ago would not have resulted in the same situation we are seeing today. Land use changes have an enormous impact on the effects of rain fall and flooding.
    Population growth, more houses, buildings, roads and parking lots have reduced the amount of land available to absorb rain fall. This increases run off. So flash floods happen more often and are larger. Of course that increases the size and frequency of river and lake flooding.
    It simply takes less rain than before to cause issues. So when we get an unusual amount of rain (which I still believe is natural) we get what we have now.

And since people (those affected and the media) don’t think about land use changes you get statements and quotes that blow the situation out of proportion and blame it on climate change.

But those land use changes don’t just affect us in times of excess rain fall. It also hurts in times of reduced rain fall. Ground water can’t be replenished as quickly after a drought. Instead of staying put, soaking in and increasing soil moisture it runs downstream.
    So floods are worse and droughts don’t end as fast.

10. OrganicFool says:

I could while away the hours
    Conferring with the flowers
    Consulting with the rain
    And my head I’ll be scratching
    While my thoughts were busy hatching
    If I only had a brain

I’d unravel every riddle
    For any indiv’ual
    In trouble or in pain
    {Dorothy}
    With the thoughts you’ll be thinkin’
    You could be another Lincoln
    If you only had a brain

Oh, I could tell you why
    The ocean’s near the shore
    I could think of things I’ve never thunk before
    And then I’ll sit and think some more

I would not be just a nothing
    My head all full of stuffin’
    My heart all full of pain
    I would dance and be merry
    Life would be a ding-a-derry
    If I only had a brain.

Gosh, it would be awful pleasin’
    To reason out the reason
    For things I can’t explain
    Then perhaps I’ll deserve
    And be even worthy of you
    If I only had a brain

11. OrganicFool says:

Doctors of Thinkology

12. OrganicFool says:

Achievement certificate

13. garyh845 says:

Tony – was looking at CAG’s precip for Texas this morning. For fun I pulled up the temp record for Texas to see if they’ve adjusted again. Yeppers – they did. I saved a pic of the graph from two years ago, and from the year before that. The old higher temps have been adjusted down sufficiently to take the decadal warming trend to + 0.2C.

If you want the copy of what I saved – email me.

Gary

14. Wyguy says:

Wow, Lake Travis is 6 feel above full pool.

15. Jeff L. says:

Tony,

Please don’t take this the wrong way. I appreciate all that you do!

I’ve seen many of your charts that track the peak temperatures and I’m curious about what the minimum temperatures are doing. If CO2 levels are increasing (not necessarily due to human activity), it stands to reason that the minimum temperatures might be rising while the peak temperatures fall. This might be caused by the increased ability of our atmosphere to absorb and retain heat. It might in effect “average” the temperature so the extremes are not as extreme.

Could you please put up a chart or two showing the trend of the minimum temperature along with the peak? It would do a lot to satisfy my objectivity.

Best regards,

Jeff

• ItsGettingHotinHereSo says:

Minimum temperatures have been increasing.

• AndyG55 says:

Jeff, you can download Tony’s app, and then generate all the graphs you like.
      (oops. not sure of where to find it)

Tony, maybe you should put a link at the side somewhere so the app is always easy to find.

Cheers.

• ItsGettingHotinHereSo says:

Agreed. Great tool. In a matter of seconds you can do your own analysis. Lots of reasons why max decline and min increasing. Clouds being one of them. Increase in clouds/precipitation can reduce max temp while holding in heat at night therefore a trend of increasing min temperatures.

Lots of other factors.

16. Svend Ferdinandsen says:

What is the problem? The climate has changed, so climate change is real.
    And “climate change” allways make things worse, so now you have the proofe