Gavin Schmidt at NASA likes making headlines with claims like Earth is hottest ever by 0.02 degrees.

screen-shot-2016-11-26-at-5-55-20-am

Nasa climate scientists: We said 2014 was the warmest but we’re only 38% sure | Daily Mail Online

When confronted with the fact he is adjusting temperatures by as much as 100 times more than his claimed record, Gavin angrily responds that he can’t be held accountable for the fraudulent data he publishes.

reykjavik2012-2013

screen-shot-2016-11-21-at-1-55-15-am

robertsnasags.pdf

25 Responses to NASA’s Gavin Schmidt Says He Can’t Be Held Responsible For The Fraudulent Data He Publishes

1. GISS must be shuttered.

But who else will hire a dishonest scientist like Gavin Schmidt?

2. Robert says:

The photograph tells a lot about him. He looks like a smug arrogant $rick with a hint of contempt

3. RAH says:

Oh yes he can, and will be in one fashion or another. I don’t think it’s a question of if, it’s a question of when and how.

There are a whole lot of us Indians out here screaming for hair (yes, I know Gavin is short on that commodity but it’s just a saying about taking scalps) and I suspect others of stature will join in when it becomes evident they no longer have to fear for their jobs.

4. Ralph says:

That’s like a person in court saying they can’t be responsible for their actions because they were on drugs.

5. CheshireRed says:

Many of these adjustments he doesn’t want to be held accountable for are localised and show temp’ alterations of up to 1.5C, but Gavin’s happy to take the credit for global temps where he can claim accuracy to hundredths of a degree. Yet again the whole agw circus stinks to high heaven.

6. TA says:

According to the UAH satellite record, neither 2010 or 2104 or any year between 1998, and 2015 was hotter than 1998. By a comfortable margin. February 2016 is the first time the 1998 highpoint was exceeded and that by only one-tenth of a degree, which has subsequently fallen way below that level.

The bastardized surface temperature chart was created specifically to promote the Human-caused climate change narrative, by presenting the temperatures as constantly getting hotter and hotter. Hotter than anything before. It is all a bunch of lies. The satellites show it is a bunch of lies. Tony Heller shows the pre-satellite data is a bunch of lies.

There ought to be consequences for government employees who are defrauding the American taxpayers, like the promoters of human-caused climate change are doing.

7. Oliver K. Manuel says:

I am grateful to Tony Heller for using his keen analytical mind to inform the public of official deceit disguised as “97% consensus science.”

I sincerely wish he would explain to the group why the sloping baseline Weizsacker assumed for nuclear binding energy calculations (across the top of Figure 1) is the illogical basis for concluding:
    _ a.) Nobel Laurates Einstein and Aston did not understand nuclear energy
    _ b.) Tritium is more stable than its decay product, helium-3
    _ c.) Carbon-14 is more stable than its decay product, nitrogen-14, etc., etc.
    _ d.) Stars convert hydrogen to heavier elements to neutron stars to black holes rather than compacted cores of galaxies and stars convert neutrons into interstellar hydrogen.

8. This Gavin character could get deported back to Altruria and it wouldn’t bother me at all.

9. FJ Shepherd says:

10. John Plummer says:

For its very survival the catastrophic man-made global warming religion NEEDS graphs showing a steady upward trend. If the current temperature data refuses to fit that dogma then you just “adjust” past data to make that cooler. Hey presto, a steady upward trend!

11. Jimmy Haigh says:

Why is it that whenever you see a picture of a rabid global warmonger that he’s wrapped up against the cold?

12. Svend Ferdinandsen says:

“Gavin angrily responds that he can’t be held accountable for the fraudulent data he publishes”
    No, the computer did it.

13. Dale says:

The headline states, “NASA’s Gavin Schmidt Says He Can’t Be Held Responsible For The Fraudulent Data He Publishes”
    Somehow I’m overlooking in the article where that is said. Is there an exact reference/quote for that statement?

14. Bruce says:

Whatever happened to George Costanza? I think he got a job with the folks upstairs from his favorite restaurant. The best place for George. He can never be fired and have a career where fakery is an asset.

15. FJ Shepherd says:

I would suggest that the moderator should release my post. I am an AGW skeptic but I am very disappointed that you are not dealing with your misleading heading – unless you have a quote from Schmidt to verify its accuracy.

Here is my post from above that has still not been released:
    “Claiming that Schmidt admits to publishing “fraudulent data” is a bit too NYTimeish, I believe, when it comes to fraudulent headlines. I would like to see the actual quote. Thanks.”

16. My latest book, ‘Human Caused Global Warming, the Biggest Deception in History’.
    Available on Amazon and Indigo/Chapters.
    My SLAPP lawsuit to silence me comes to trial on Feb 20, 2017,
    Dr Michael Mann vs Dr Tim Ball.

17. Pingback: Econazis kill Democratic Party | libertariantranslator

18. Aurora Svant says:

First of all if “the science is settled”, then there is no further need to fund research, and no further need to retain Gavin as an employee, is it ?
    Second, if it’s getting so warm, why is Gavin not wearing a simple T-shirt on the photo ?
    Third, how is he going to explain the new “adjustments” he has made on a yearly basis for the past couple of decades ?
    Finally, do we have a backup of the original, raw, pre-adjustment data Gavin and his ilk ruined ? If not, he committed a crime by erasing historical data.

19. Joe says:

Do the “hottest year ever” measurements use SMMR or ASMR satellites? Reason I ask is because a warmist told me they do, but all I’ve known up until now is only ground thermometers are used.

20. Dave N says:

Apparently the source of the fraud makes all the difference as to whether or not it is actually fraud. Gavin’s delusions continue…

21. TA says:

“Dr Michael Mann vs Dr Tim Ball.”

I can’t hardly wait! I bet Mann is a nervous wreck. He should be.