screen-shot-2016-12-17-at-11-23-09-am-down

20 Jul 1974, Page 4 – The Morning Herald

Your SUV was also causing the same symptoms 100 years earlier in the 1870’s.

screen-shot-2016-12-17-at-11-41-14-am-down

20 Jul 1973, Page 39 – The Kansas City Times

18 Responses to 1974 : Droughts, Floods, Blizzards, Tornadoes, And The Polar Vortex Blamed On Global Cooling

1. RAH says:

And now that massive pile up with a tanker that went over the barrier on I-95 in Baltimore is the fault of global warming. God what a mess. Icy roads, too much speed, and the slosh of fuel in the tanker and this is what you get. I don’t think we need to worry about the driver ever doing that or anything else again.

• Gail Combs says:

Here in North Carolina we got the ice pellets and freezing fog that was promised. We did a party late this morning and in 25 miles of travel along I540 north of Raleigh we saw over a dozen cars that had slid off the road. One of the entrances onto I540 was completely blocked off. It is a bunch of spagetti suspended in the air so I think they just blocked it for safety reasons. I also overheard one of the guests saying they saw a semi over turned on the way in from the north..

What a mess. I am sure there are a lot of people who would have liked a bit of Global Warming this morning here in NC.

• Colorado Wellington says:

I saw the news and I thought of your recent comment about car drivers doing stupid things at the begin of every winter. You’d think a tanker driver should know better.

• RAH says:

CW they’re so short of drivers many companies take anything once you have your class A CDL. Just as long as your CSA score allows them to carry you on their insurance. How often does the Baltimore area get those kinds of road conditions? Not often I bet.

• RAH says:

Word is that driver at my company that was the weak sister of us guarantee drivers and got fired for too high of a CSA score was told he can come back to the company once enough points drop off his score. He won’t be a guarantee driver but the fact that they’ve told him they will hire him back kinda says it all.

• RAH says:

I’m just thankful I’m not over there and am right here at home after doing some Christmas shopping earlier today. Driving through icy conditions is bad enough. Add to that your driving in an area where the locals aren’t used to it and it’s twice as dangerous.
        I did my driving time in the snow earlier this week and I’m sure I will be doing more again this coming week.

• Gail Combs says:

Stay safe RAH

I found it a bit nerve wracking driving a pickup and trailer, not because I can’t handle the conditions but because of the idiots on the road who do not know to beware of bridges and low dips in the road. AND who insist on tailgating.

• RAH says:

Idiots are everywhere. Tailgaters no longer bother me in the big truck. I guess after long enough one just has to decide what to worry about and what not to. Unlike you, I have 53 feet of trailer for them to get through to get to me.

• RAH says:

Oh, and thanks for you concern Gail. Tuesday this week my 2 year old granddaughter was hospitalized for a day with pneumonia. Her blood oxygen level was down to 82 and heart rate topped out over 200. And yet PaPaw was leaving on the road. That concerned me a lot more than any weather. She’s home and doing fine now and I went over today to see her.

• Colorado Wellington says:

I am happy your granddaughter’s ok and you could be with her.

• Gail Combs says:

The poor child RAH, glad to hear she is doing better. Unfortunately pneumonia/bronchitis can leave you more prone for similar illnesses later on.

Today’s party was for a bunch of two year old little girls. They are so cute at that age.

• Colorado Wellington says:

RAH, I’m glad you don’t have to be out in the traffic today in places not of your choosing.

What I’ve read and seen in the pictures was freezing rain and black ice on the asphalt in Baltimore. I’ve always stressed to the juniors in our family to be aware of places that could be icy and anticipate it. They know that snow on the road is easier to see and the traction is much more predictable.

I may go out today, find some safe stretches and see how my new truck tires behave. We have some nice fresh snow on the ground but the sun is out and even with temperatures around 0°F it’s possible that in some south-facing places it will get slick.

• RAH says:

Have some fun if you go. We’ve had freezing rain that went to rain and will turn back to freezing again. What is now slush will freeze again tonight. But I had the FJ in FWD. My 3/4 ton PU isn’t worth a damn on slick roads. But all I use it for this time of year is going to work and back and if it gets really bad I can take the FJ.

2. RAH says:

Well on Accuweather the crowd ain’t buying it!

I love it:

Bob Litfin · Hartwick College
    Gorebal warming-Gore Bullshit
    Like · Reply · 19 · 1 hr

Lynn Wood · College of St. Thomas
    Actually, greater weather instability occurs in the progression into global warming. Our activities can affect the weather but we live solely at the permission of Nature.
    Like · Reply · 48 mins

Mark Fredrickson
    Actually, we are governed by cycles.
    Like · Reply · 12 · 45 mins

David Kachel · Artist/Photographer/Printmaker/Curator at University of Hard Knocks
    “Stable weather”??!!! Isn’t that an oxymoron??!!!
    Like · Reply · 3 · 41 mins

Marissa Iannarone · Charlotte, North Carolina
    What instability? It’s snowing in New England in winter! Just because the 24 hour news channels have to fill the screen with something every second of the day we’ve become contitioned to think the world is ending with every breeze because they tell us about it every 8 minutes! Sheesh…
    Like · Reply · 23 · 37 mins

David Gorder · Works at Film Industry
    Marissa Iannarone AMEN!
    Like · Reply · 1 · 32 mins

Gerry Turner
    Climate change, global warming called it what you want. It seems any change in the weather liberals call “global warming” “climate change.” This earth has been through more weather changes than can be counted and no amount of liberal mythology called “global warming” will stop it from happening again I don’t care how many cars you destroy or coal plants you shut down or cow farts you regulate will stop it, PERIOD! You may slow it down but change is inevitable like it or not!
    Like · Reply · 3 · 23 mins · Edited

Gabe Kesseru · Works at Retired
    That weather instability must be why US mainland has not been hit with a major Hurricane in 11 years and we’re also going through a multi-year lull in tornadoes. You sound desperate.
    Like · Reply · 1 · 23 mins

Adam Samuels · Nashua, New Hampshire
    Gabe Kesseru Yeah, we’ve been collecting toronado data since the early 1950s, which *definitely* proves that these lulls NEVER occur….that’s a good, scientific method…try not to sound so desperate yourself.
    Like · Reply · 18 mins

Jason Hunt · Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU)
    Gerry Turner Sorry Snooki. Climate change is real. People’s indiffernce to climate change because the consequences are into the near future, and as such, will not affect their lifetime.
    Like · Reply · 12 mins

Terri Endicott
    permission? LOL like “nature is a being”? this all sounds very pantheistic. when in reality, square footagewise, all the world’s people could fit quite well into the state of texas and everyone would have a little plot of land possibly even a patio. maybe the leftistis, globalists and pantheists should force us all to texas. i am sure they could make some money off it. then of course they would steal and squander the rest of the earth’s wealth for themselves. that is what it is really about.
    Like · Reply · 1 · 10 mins

Howard Wimbrow · Bayard, Delaware
    “Actually, greater weather instability occurs in the progression into global warming.” actually? (snicker) Gee, I’d love to see any “science” supporting that. Last I checked, pulling assertions out of your lower GI tract wasn’t “science.” thanks.
    Like · Reply · 1 min

• Gail Combs says:

I have seen a lot of climate knowledge on a general blog like TheConservativeTreeHouse so people like Tony ARE making a difference.

That is why the progressives are now attacking ‘Alt-Right RUSSIAN propaganda’ sites. They can not defend themselves with logic or name calling or appeals to authority any more so now they are moving to straight out censorship.

• TeaPartyGeezer says:

They’re saying the alt-right are Russian or Russian sympathizers?

Somebody’s confused … is it me?

• AndyG55 says:

They do view Russian communists as being “to the far- right” of themselves.

• Gail Combs says:

This is what I am referring to:

The Progressives are connecting the independent media in the USA and elsewhere with the Alt-Right and the Alt-Right to Russia. Worse Congress is then CENSORING the independent media based on this tenuous connection calling it ‘Fake New’ or ” active measures by the Russian Federation to exert covert influence over peoples and governments (with the role of the Russian Federation hidden or not acknowledged publicly) through front groups, covert broadcasting, media manipulation, disinformation or forgeries, funding agents of influence…

H.R. 6393: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017

TITLE V–MATTERS RELATING TO FOREIGN COUNTRIES

(Sec. 501) This title establishes an executive branch interagency committee to counter active measures by the Russian Federation to exert covert influence over peoples and governments (with the role of the Russian Federation hidden or not acknowledged publicly) through front groups, covert broadcasting, media manipulation, disinformation or forgeries, funding agents of influence, incitement, offensive counterintelligence, assassinations, or terrorist acts. The committee shall expose falsehoods, agents of influence, corruption, human rights abuses, terrorism, and assassinations carried out by the security services or political elites of the Russian Federation or their proxies

Hillary Vows to Shut Down Breitbart, Infowars, Drudge, and All Other “Hate Sites” When President

“We’ve had a conservative media in this country for a while,” says the email, sent Thursday and signed by deputy communications director Christina Reynolds. “I don’t always like what they have to say, but I respect their role and their right to exist Reynolds’ acknowledgment that the regular conservative media has a “right to exist,” though, is used to contrast it with Breitbart, which apparently has no such right. “Breitbart is something different,” she says. “They make Fox News look like a Democratic Party pamphlet. They’re a different breed altogether — not just conservative but radical, bigoted, anti-Muslim, anti-Semitic conspiracy peddlers who never have been and never should be anywhere near the levers of power in this country.”

One of the goals of Clinton’s campaign, Reynolds says, is to ensure Breitbart is destroyed.

Trump, Putin, and the Alt-Right International: In boosting Trump and funding fringe parties in Europe, Russia has helped construct a new kind of “comintern”—and it’s even more effective than the Cold War version.

…We are now witnessing a curious phenomenon: The resurgent far-right parties in numerous Western countries, which harp incessantly on the sovereignty, independence, and world-historical uniqueness of whichever country they happen to live in, have self-organized into a transnational alt-right “comintern” that appears to be more effective than the leftist comintern of the Soviet era. No doubt this development was inevitable in the age of digital communication, but it has undeniably received a boost from the Kremlin. It also bears emphasis not only that Russia is attempting to influence politics in Western nations, but that this influence comes prepackaged with a specific ideological content….