Earth Cooling Second Fastest On Record In 2016

NOAA just released their Arctic report card, which shows how desperate they are to keep their climate scam alive.

NOAA releases 2016 Arctic Report Card: What you need to know about the changing sea-ice, snow | cleveland.com

Their claims of Arctic ice loss are completely fraudulent. Arctic sea ice extent is essentially identical to what it has been in all recent years on this date, and is growing very fast.

Ocean and Ice Services | Danmarks Meteorologiske Institut

Huge amounts of new ice have grown over the past week – a week when experts said the Arctic was hot.

Arctic sea ice volume is also nearly identical to all recent years, and just below “normal.”

DMI Modelled ice thickness

NOAA claims there was a massive decline in snow cover.  This claim is wildly fraudulent. Autumn snow cover was second highest on record this year.

Rutgers University Climate Lab :: Global Snow Lab

NOAA claims that Greenland is losing ice.  Greenland is actually gaining ice at a record rate during autumn 2016.

Greenland Ice Sheet Surface Mass Budget: DMI

Greenland is having their coldest December since 1982. Greenland temperatures are almost 20F colder this month than 1932.

NOAA claims that Earth is warming at a record rate in 2016. The exact opposite is true. Over the last nine months, Earth has been cooling second fastest on record.

www.woodfortrees.org/data/rss

NOAA is wildly misleading the public, which seems to be the norm in the Obama White House.

25 Responses to Earth Cooling Second Fastest On Record In 2016

1. Gail Combs says:

Tony’s last graph shows after the El Nino spikes, when the oceans release heat to space, the temperature drops like a rock.

2. garyh845 says:

OK – I need help (yes honey, I have been known to ask for directions). In regards to the ‘nine-month trend in lower troposphere temperatures (and, I’m guessing that this one is ‘land and sea?’), I certainly get the connection to wanting to show how temps have plummeted since the peak – 9 months ago. If the trend continues for another month, or two, will be be looking at 10-month, then 11-month trends. Makes sense to me. All points plotted in the graph represent a 9-month trend, correct.

How would one explain this, if I forwarded it to layman warmist?

• Rud Istvan says:

The question is how the cooling since the 2016 El Nino compares to past similar events. So as time goes by, the post peak period lengthens and so must the past comparison periods to keep things apples to apples.

3. tomB says:

Happy New year! I hope the climate alarmists get totally discredited in 2017. Since when is science ever settled.

4. R. Shearer says:

By my math, this year’s 58.9F is lower than 1997’s 62.5F.

“The global average temperature of 62.45 degrees Fahrenheit for 1997 was the warmest year on record, surpassing the previous record set in 1995 by 0.15 degrees Fahrenheit.”

5. AndyG55 says:

NSIDC gives the current difference in Arctic Sea ice from the previous minimum for this date (in 2010) as only 25,000 km²

Almost certainly less than the margin of error in the sea ice area calculations.

6. AndyG55 says:

Tony, that WFT data link to RSS land says it goes to 2016.92, (Nov) but the data only seems to goes to 2016.83 (Oct)

Do you have a value for 2016.92, please ?

It also seems to have changed since I downloaded it last month.

• AndyG55 says:

ps..Tony’s last graph is completely reproducible from the data link provided.

10/10 again. :-)

• AndyG55 says:

And DOH to me..

Of course 2016.92 isn’t available yet !!

Add 11 hours to the posting time… you will see I posted the original at 5:26 am !!! ie pre-coffee !!

• AndyG55 says:

so embarrassment

to 2016.92, (Nov) but the data only seems to goes to 2016.83 (Oct)….. WRONG, AndyG !!!

to 2016.92, (DECEMBER) but the data only seems to goes to 2016.83 (Nov)….. of course it only goes to November.. !!!

7. AndyG55 says:

Here is UAH NoPol this century before the El Nino

Basically dead flat

NOAA are LYING through their arses once again.

8. John F Hultquist says:

Next Monday night (aka early Tuesday by the NWS) …
    Great Falls, Montana is expected to be -13° F [ -25° C ]
    Great Falls, South Carolina is to be +55° F [ 13° C ]

After Tuesday the difference will decrease as MT hovers and SC cools.
    ———–
    Gail says “… like a rock …” . . . . sounds like a Chevy truck ad

It may just be the blue color of the line but my thought went to a long icicle.

• Gail Combs says:

Hey John, I like Chevy Trucks. Boston Drivers wrecked my two Chevys so then I bought Cummins diesels surrounded by dodge trucks. (I rather have a Chevy)

• wizzum says:

Gail, I love my 2011 model 2500 diesel, with my wife, all our gear, my 4 wheeler and 500lbs of corn it doesn’t even flinch and handles all those hills west of San Antonio at 85 without a blink.

9. John Silver says:

Aren’t we doing this every year?
    1. The phase change from liquid to solid is exothermic.
    2. Damn thick ice on Hudson bay already, better watch it.

10. AndyG55 says:

Here’s a simple question that can be answered by observation

By looking at the chart of Greenland December temperatures (shown again here), see if you can guess what year the DMI Arctic temperature data starts.

Then go to this link and check.. http://ocean.dmi.dk/arctic/meant80n.uk.php

It is total coincidence of course, but interesting none the less. :-)

11. aeroguy48 says:

“Huge amounts of new ice have grown over the past week – a week when experts said the Arctic was hot.”;

If you look at the top of the chart right in the middle, indeed the ice disappeared from 12/22 to 12/29. Maybe that is what NOAA is referring to./

• Gail Combs says:

Ice generally doesn’t ‘melt’ at this time of year, it gets moved around by the wind. Some times it piles up and sometimes it is swept out of the Arctic into warmer water where it melts.

You would have to look at ice thickness to figure out if any ice actually did melt.