New York Times Predicts An Ice-Free Glacier National Park

The fake news New York Times says Glacier National Park will be ice-free in 30 years, due to a “warming climate”

Climate Change Threatens to Strip the Identity of Glacier National Park – The New York Times

In 1923, scientists predicted Glacier National Park would be ice-free by 1948, due to a warming climate.

29 Dec 1923, Page 5

The fake climate graph people at NASA say 1923 was one of the coldest years on record, and colder than 1880.

Global_Mean_Estimates_based_on_Land_and_Ocean_Data

Montana has been near record cold recently, and is forecast to stay in the deep freeze for the indefinite future.

Everything you hear about climate from the press is fake news.  Their scam ends on January 20, 2017.

31 Responses to New York Times Predicts An Ice-Free Glacier National Park

1. gator69 says:

All of the parks around here once had glaciers, but they melted away completely long before the any Tin Lizzie hit the roadways.

• RAH says:

And before the iron horses were even invented

• gator69 says:

I’ve been thinking RAH, and evidence points to the earliest caucasians coming into existence about 6-12,000 years ago.

The very light skin tone found in modern Northern Europeans is a relatively recent phenomenon,[45] and may have appeared in the European line as recently as 6 to 12 thousand years ago, indicating Cro-Magnons had brown skin.

So it appears that most of the glacial melting that we have seen globally has been a result of the lifestyles of non-causacians. All those mud hut, non-industrial people of color are to blame for my local parks having no glaciers. Who do I sue for my permanent emotional damages and eternal suffering?

• RAH says:

I am one of those that believes there are huge gaps in our linage and in fact the settlement of the US and Europe. Their have been what we now would consider giants which one lived here and in Europe but for the most part the remains of them have been ignored or disappeared once they were at a depository or in at least one case I know of returned to what we now call “native Americans” even though the remains were already known to not match up with their DNA profile . It is all political I believe. No remains of ancients which do not have the characteristics or DNA that links them to the Ainu are to be disregarded no matter how old their remains are dated to because it is feared it would change the history and that is threatening to the tribes with their government reservations and benifits.

So who are you going to sue?

• gator69 says:

I am right with you RAH. Not far from where my mother lives in Florida, human remains were uncovered that were over 10,000 years old, and had European DNA. Just as science is not all settled, neither is prehistoric history.

I have also seen strong evidence that the predecessors to the Phoenicians mined on Isle Royale and the Keweenaw Peninsula of Michigan. Whoever it was mined copper there over 4000 years ago.

Of course TPTB in academia will have none of this, and just as in science, advances in history will come one obituary at a time.

• Gail Combs says:

gator,
          Not only that, those nasty brown skinned people are responsible for the COMPLETE genocide of MY Ancestors!!!
          …..

‘The Neanderthal extinction was the relatively sudden disappearance of Neanderthals after modern humans had emerged in Eurasia.’ — WIKI

Even the Guardian agrees Why did the Neanderthals die out? New research has revealed that Neanderthals died out within a few thousand years of the appearance of Homo sapiens.

“So what did kill off the Neanderthals? Given the speed at which they seem to have disappeared from the planet after modern humans spread out of Africa, it is likely that Homo sapiens* played a critical role in their demise

Homo sapiens* would be those nasty brown people. White Europeans, esp red heads have a lot of Neanderthal genes.

Red hair a legacy of Neanderthal man

(Nice bit of argument to use on the next social justice warrior yelling racist. Tell them all non-whites except Asians are genocidists which is A LOT WORSE… )

• gator69 says:

Gail, I feel your pain. I am proud of my Neanderthal ancestry, and detest those who claim that Neanderthals were inferior to their contemporaries.

Neanderthals were not wiped out, they were assimilated. DNA testing showes that the only population with no Neanderthal DNA is the grouping that never left the African continent. The highest percentage of DNA found in todays humans is found in those with Nordic roots. My Scottish Highlander ancestors surely had Viking roots, and is likely why I am blonde haired and blue eyed.

• Steve Keohane says:

Gail, check out Michael Crichton’s ‘The 13th Warrior’. An interesting read. Based on an 8th century Arab account of a journey to the north, and an encounter with perhaps the last enclave of Neanderthals.

• Gail Combs says:

Gator,
            There was a post about the outward expression of Neanderthal genes in those of us who frequent E.M. Smith’s Chiefio blog.

Love caves… Yup
            Like to run down scree and boulder slopes… Yup
            Good spacial sense… Yup

Starts about HERE

These are an older posts

The suppression of data that does not ‘fit’ into the prevailing hypothesis really irates the heck out of me. Unfortunately we see it in ALL sciences.

• Gail Combs says:

Steve Keohane, Thanks
            I will have to hunt that book up and read it.

• RAH says:

They made a movie loosely based on that book. One I like as an entertaining fictional work. But the people the Arab met with and fought along side of in the movie were depicted as Norsmen.

• Colorado Wellington says:

I believe my Neanderthal great-great-great-great-…-great-grandmother was raped and enslaved by the Homo sapiens intruders. I’m hereby announcing my campaign for reparations, demanding a mule and 40 acres in Prättigau/Davos for each member of my Neanderthal-Caucasian family.

———-
            Metric conversions:
            1 mule = 1.0000 mules
            40 acres = 161,874.2568 sq metres

• Colorado Wellington says:

… And 874.2568 is not a phone number, you culturally-appropriating imperialist Homo sapiens-centric mobile gadget!

• SxyxS says:

Gail,maybe i missunderstood your post somehow due to poor english,
            but i have to dissapoint you as even asians have been genocidist.
            Dschinghis Khan and his mongols killed 50million people.
            The Turks were any better.
            The Golden Hoard killed many people.
            Generations of Mongols waged wars on China.
            Japan was a warhungry nation
            and India has been covered with blood by Ashoka((and for 800 years by the ruling muslims,no matter which group the belonged))

• John F Hultquist says:

Gail @ 5:33

Regarding “ spacial

I was raised in the hills of western Pennsylvania. In the 1960s a fellow made a list of all the words mispronounced by area residents. The top covering of a building is one such (roof – rof ?). A small stream is another (creek – crik ?). Someone has written that it is a small mind that can only think of one way to spell a word (Twain?). We would say the same about pronunciation. The fellow that wrote that list, and his colleagues, claim they could tell which high school a kid graduated from after listening to her or him for just a few minutes. In my case, I think the influence came from Mother’s German ancestry – very early into western PA.

So I went to college (a miracle) and took a geography course. I was quickly informed that when writing about the land (space) I should write “spatial” and not “spacial.” This apparently has something to do with Latin and French and the fact that there has been massive French influence in England, thus English.
            William the Conqueror and his merry band of Normans brought with them Norman French, which became the language of the court, government and the upper class for the next three centuries.

I’ll guess Gail was not raised in my area but may have a sort of similar family influences.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, to all!

Ps: I have an amazing “spatial” sense… Yup

• RAH says:

John F Hultquist

My wife is from the same area. Raccoon twp, Beaver County. Her grandmother was living in was the old homestead when I met my wife and it still stands. It has loop holes in the flagstone walled dirt floor basement for firing through to ward off Indian raids. Another one from that area is the pronunciation of hanger, as in a cloths hanger, which she still pronounces as hang-ger.

• Gail Combs says:

John F Hultquist,
            I blame all my mispellings on the Neanderthals (and John Dewey.)… {:>D

(I left out the Asians only because they also are not fully Homo Sapien.)

• John F Hultquist says:

Neanderthal – German
            German – Neanderthal
            … all the way down,
            or is that turtles?

The Neandertal (sometimes called “the Neander Valley”) is a small valley of the river Düssel in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia,
            famous for the discovery of Neanderthal 1, the first specimen of Homo neanderthalensis to be found.

• Colorado Wellington says:

Ach ja, the 1902 spelling reform law that gave us Tal.

Now some of us are Neanderthals from Neandertal.

2. oeman50 says:

I can predict anything will happen in 30 years without fear of ever being called to account for it, even if I am still here. Why, in 3o years, climate change will turn all the snow blue!

See how easy it is?

3. Eric Simpson says:

The fear-mongering Chicken Littles’ new slogan: “Crying Wolf since 1923!”

4. garyh845 says:

A couple years back, I ran into a couple of old glacier studies/reports (?) in which it was suggested that during the MWP, all the glaciers in the CA Sierras had disappeared (I’ve wondered if that included at Mt Shasta, and a couple of the larger ones) and in what is now Glacier National Park, south of the US/Canadian border.

That being said, considering other reports out and about how far they’d retreated during the MWP, such as ‘The retreat of the Exit Glacier,’ and the recent findings at the Mendenhall Glacier, both in Alaska, and their subsequent great advance from 1250-1800 AD, LIA. that surely most in CA and Montana would have either retreated dramatically or diapered altogether during the MWP.

What’s happening today, is surely simply a retreat of the MWP – though this warm period has not lasted nearly as long – yet. I’m just asking for another 30 years, or so, but for the world, another 200 sounds great.

• garyh845 says:

I meant, ‘repeat of the MWP.’ Sure wish I could edit.

• Jason Calley says:

“retreated dramatically or diapered altogether ”

I think that “diapered” should be disappeared…

Let’s face it! The more profound the comment, the more thought you have given it, the more likely it is that typos will change it! There has to be some corollary of Murphy’s Law to explain it. :)

• Bill Powell says:

I think it more likely that ‘spell check’ often interferes with ones desired prose when the slightest of mistakes is made during typing. When the suspect word is high-lighted, one can correct but, if the program simply changes it to the most likely spelling then, knowing what your comment was supposed to say, causes you to read over mistakes. Anyway, that’s what happens to me. Much easier to ‘proof read’ other folks words than your own.

• AndyG55 says:

““retreated dramatically or diapered altogether ””

Oh, I though he was referring to the AGW loons. !!

• garyh845 says:

OK guys – but, I will survive Murphy’s law of fat clumsy fingers (combined with the oft neglect of reading what I just typed).

Still trying to picture an alpine mountain ‘diapered’ with glaciers.

But I see that Don B., below, posted one piece that I was referring to.

5. Don B says:

H.H. Lamb:

“It was after 2000-1500 BC that most of the present glaciers in the Rocky Mountains south of 57 o N were formed and that major re-advance of those in the Alaskan Rockies first took place.

And at their subsequent advanced positions – probably around 500 BC as well as between 1650 and 1850 AD – the glaciers in the Alps regained an extent, estimated in the Glockner region, at about 5 times their Bronze Age Minimum, when all the smaller ones had disappeared.”

The advocates at the NY Times are quite comfortable not knowing much climate history.

• Bob Grise says:

Don Don Don, I had laundry and dishes to do or I would have beat you to the punch!!!! I know a fair amount about Glacier Park. I have rellies there and have visited it about 7 or 8 times in the past 35 years. In 1981 I hiked to Grinnell Glacier. Just about killed me as it is a long loooong hike. Here are some facts. The park literature states that their glaciers are only 3,000 years old. I found that info by puter. You don’t see that publicized in the park anywhere. Another fact, there is no doubt those glaciers have shrunk and continue to do so. It appears that they have been shrinking since the end of the Little Ice age. Montana temps are virtually unchanged from 100 years ago. But from 175 years ago it has warmed. But you have a short melt season and it takes a long time to melt that ice which is reacting to a temp change, but it is a temp change from 175 years ago. No doubt there are other factors. Possibly NW Montana receives less precip than centuries ago. But rest assured, your Chevy wasn’t around when the climate warmed form the Little Ice Age.

6. Brian G Valentine says:

This piece from NYT demonstrates the terrible consequences of glue sniffing