Top Pix Of The Day

Gorgeous. Bull Snake?

2. charles nelson says:

I like!

3. Steve Case says:

Starlings and Shakespear

4. Larry Geiger says:

The last three mornings there has been a trail of something over the top of my wife’s car. It’s about 2 1/2 inches wide and it curves around across the trunk, over the roof and then down the side. It’s not footprints like a cat makes. I’ve seen that. It’s not a turtle (what would he be doing up there anyway?) because there are no feet marks. Gopher tortoises make a wide trail like this but you can see the footprints. It looks like maybe a snake is wandering over her car each night. I need to take a picture.

5. TA says:

I had an old junk car that sat for years in the same place and I had a snake that would get up under it every year and shed its skin by wrapping itself around the axle. I assume it was the same snake whose skin I was seeing every year, although I never saw the snake itself. Snakes do climb. I’ve seen them climb trees and weave their way along chain-link fences, and I even saw two climb up my outside television cable one night (the male was following the female up the cable, and these snakes were both at least four feet long). I live a stone’s throw from a creek, out in the country, so there are a lot of snakes around here.

That’s a big snake you have there, Tony. I saw one about that big a couple of years ago. It scared my niece pretty badly one day when she happened upon it. She thought it was dangerous.

You are a lucky man to be living amongst all those things of beauty, Tony. And we are fortunate to be able to share your world.

6. Robertv says: