Nikon P-1000 Pix

The P-1000 is much larger and heavier than the P-900.  The viewfinder is much clearer, the automatic focus is better and faster, and it has a manual focus ring which I depend on a lot. It also can store images as raw, but I don’t have any software which understands Nikon raw image format. So far, so good.

Two inches

50 feet

3.0 Miles

93,000,000 miles

13 Responses to Nikon P-1000 Pix

1. Spiritus Mundi says:

I think an AU is 93 million miles

2. GW Smith says:

Beautiful! How heavy is it?

3. Figaro says:

Adobe Photoshop with Camera Raw 9.6 or newer would process NRW raw format. The same from Collpix B700 I own. Cheers

4. Kent Clizbe says:

Wow!

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful!

5. John F. Hultquist says:

Thanks for the intro. Nice.

The Nikon site has a photo of a lion that uses a sliding-bar that zooms the image.

They claim
    Approx. Weight with battery and memory card
    49.9 oz. (1,415 g)

6. Douglas Hoyt says:

I have been considering getting the Light L16 camera. It is lightweight and takes great pictures, so they say. Anyone familiar with it?

7. arn says:

Really good results (close up&far) for such a superzoom.

8. Johansen says:

Beautiful, makes me want to go buy one

9. Steven Fraser says:

Tony,

Your sense of composition, and the tasteful use of depth-of-field effects are appreciated! Wonderful,

OT: I hope you do a sea ice volume article soon. The melt season appears to be over at DMI.

10. Daniel says:

Those are some great shots!

Good clarity, composition and an impressive range.

I note the sun had no sunspots on it, it will be interesting to see how this solar minimum impacts earth’s weather.

On another note, I bet we start hearing about sea level rise in North Carolina what with the hurricane and all.

I thought you might be interested in this article on an impact crater in Chesapeake Bay. According to it, almost all “sea level rise” in that area can be attributed to the land slowly slumping into the ancient crater that lies below. The original article referenced is listed on the page.

11. Disillusioned says:

OT: That spotless Sun shot reminded me – I read the Sunspot Solar Observatory in New Mexico was shut down last week, indefinitely, by the F.B.I.