The Scary Heat Index

The National Weather Service tweeted this scary map of Missouri temperatures ranging from 105 degrees to 114 degrees.

NWS Kansas City on Twitter:

Only problem is, they weren’t actual temperatures – they were the “heat index.” The actual temperature at St. Joseph, Missouri today was 95 degrees – not 114 degrees.

Now compare with this date in 1936, when air temperatures reached 118 degrees.  Lamar, Missouri was 26 degrees hotter on this date in 1936 than it was today.

People now spend their entire life in air conditioned buildings and cars, and imagine they live in the hottest weather ever. There is no awareness of how people lived in the past – which is essential for keeping the climate scam alive. The victim mentality is behind everything progressives do.

28 Responses to The Scary Heat Index

1. gregole says:

Exaggeration, innuendo, and mindless word play.

It’s all the warmnists have.

2. KevinPaul says:

This would be so funny if it weren’t reality.
    Climate fraudsters must surely have Black Knight mentality.
    (warning disturbing content)

3. Colorado Wellington says:

The Heat Index is a measure of how hot it really feels …

Since heat index values were devised for shady, light wind conditions, exposure to full sunshine can increase heat index values by up to 15°F. Also, strong winds, particularly with very hot, dry air, can be extremely hazardous.

Similarly, the intelligence of climate cult followers can’t be meaningfully measured by IQ which was devised for normal human conditions. The cultists’ intellect must be indexed for their blind devotion to patently stupid ideas and expressed by IQ Index which is a measure how stupid we really feel they are.

Exposure to full Gore can lower one’s IQ Index by additional 15 points.

4. Brad-DXT says:

If I remember correctly, the wind chill index was promoted during the Great Cooling scare and the heat index was promoted at the beginning of the Global Warming scare. I could be mistaken but that’s how I recollect.
    Prior to the general weirding of the “climate scientists” it was sage advice that in the summer one should drink plenty of water and in the winter wear layers of clothing.
    Somehow the government wonks have decided that the populace is just too dumb to know that it is hot in summer and cold in winter and one should apply common sense to deal with the extremes.

5. Toto's fan says:

I was wondering how coyotes’ dancing to moonlight sonata were coping with the extreme heat index.

6. Jimmy Haigh says:

What would the “heat index” been in July 1936? 130 degrees?

7. Psalmon says:

Same thing in New York…NOW the warning from NWS is Excessive Heat. Sounds like a crime…Why did you pull me over officer? Excessive heat!

NWS shows Heat Indexes in the 100s, but reality is different.

Forecast this weekend is for 96 and 97. My parents and I went to downtown NYC around the 4th of July twenty years ago and it was 100F the temp not the Heat Index.

I woke up this morning and rode my bike for 3 hours. The temperature was 86F at sunrise, and 93 at 9AM when I finished, the dew point was around 75F. All values would be “Excessive Heat”. Here in Jeddah we call it Friday morning.

Americans being turned into sniveling wimps by their government.

8. Frank K. says:

I think this MSM headline from four years ago should be highlighted everywhere this weekend.

Washington Post: (7/22/2015)
    “Europe to America: Your love of air-conditioning is stupid”

9. Gator says:

The MSM purposely conflates the heat index with actual temperatures, so they can stuff more BS under their EXTREME WEATHER banner. It has become so bad that I hear people quoting heat index numbers as if they were actual temperatures. What we once recognized as average Summer temperatures are now seen as EXTREME. The MSM is turning our population into quaking, whining, bitching ninnies.

10. DCA says:

A simple 3 day heat wave? And we are supposed to think the end is near?

We in the midwest have become so spoiled. We’ve hardly had any real heat waves over the last decade or so.

If we entered a period like the 1930s, the alarmists would lose their minds!

Oh, wait … they already have …

11. GW Smith says:

Absolutely right, Tony! Ignorance is their best friend. Lying is their method.

12. Joel says:

97 or 98 is the projected high today here in central Iowa and we’ve had a couple of days like this. But it’s July, it’s summer, it’s Iowa. We get a little bit of this every year. Big change is coming next week. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 60s. Pretty typical.

Crack the windows in the car, drink plenty of water, don’t overexpose in the sun.
    Alternatively, cry about climate change, make an Al Gore poster, preach that we’re all gonna fry, and look rather silly in the process.

You pick…

13. Theyouk says:

Have you noticed that the perception of a ‘climate crisis’ is most acute in places with a much smaller range of temperature extremes?

Generally speaking, rural folks in, say, northern Wisconsin are not the least bit worried; urbanites in the SF Bay Area are freaking out.

14. Mr Sir says:

Meanwhile, the arctic is in the middle of a massive heatwave.

15. Joel says:

Quick update…weather underground has our current temps (central Iowa) as +98 with a HI of +124…!!

I call “no way”! We were in Phoenix the end of June when actual air temps reached more than +110, and it feels no hotter here than it did there.

I don’t know…+124 seems outrageous. Whatever.

16. rah says:

In the Temperate zone a heat wave is defined in meteorology as 3 consecutive days of 90 F (32 C) temperatures or higher. What is the meteorological definition of a heatwave for the “Frigid Zones” within the Arctic and Antarctic circles Mr. Sir? Have any idea what the terms your using actually mean? I doubt it. Now run off and find the answer.

17. Mary Innes says:

Since the beginning of June, I have been tracking the forecast daily high from AccuWeather here in mid-Sierras and comparing it to both my own H /L readings and forecasts for the current day at Windy.com. AccuWeather’s forecast is 12 – 15 degrees F higher than my own readings or Windy.com forecast every single day. When I contacted AccuWeather to ask why they said they would “look into it”. Then I learn about this kookie heat index thing, and I wonder if that is what they are reporting each day and calling it forecast temperature. Meanwhile, we are having the coolest July in my 30-year memory here, and one of the coolest according to NOAA records I looked at going back to 1906. Last year was similar. This year, to date, zero 100 degree days.

• spike55 says:

In UAH USA48 the “year-to-date” for 2019 is in 25th place out of 41.

For June, June 2019 was the 38th place out of 41 years.

So no, you are not imagining it. !